Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

New Friend

"Liam," I stated softly as Liam, my boyfriend of 2 weeks now, and I lounged on the couch in his flat's living room.

"Yes, love?" He asked softly; looking up at me from his head's place on my lap.

I smiled down at him and ran my right hand through his hair which made his eyes close in pleasure and satisfaction. "My family has this charity event happening on Thursday," I trailed off.

"This coming Thursday?" He clarified and I nodded.

"Yes. I'm sorry if it's so soon. But the invitations just got sent out yesterday and I didn't have the time to drop by at Buckingham to get your invitation since we went out for tea. So," I reached over to my bag which was on the coffee table and retrieved the ecru-colored invitation with embossed golden borders which made the invitation look so simple but so elegant. Then again, grandmummy's emblem practically screamed elegance. At the bottom right of the page, though, was my very own seal/emblem. A letter 'A' written in an elegant script with a tiara ontop of the A's peak.

"What's this for?" Liam asked curiously; pointing to my seal.

I shrugged as I giggled, "I don't have a clue. I just know that it stands for Arabella. The tiara ontop resembles my place here. If you look closely, you'll see a number 7 in the tiara. My old seal had the number 13 hidden in it."

"And does everyone know this fact apart from me?" Liam teased. Ooh, playful Liam. I like.

"Only very few people know that fact; historians and some Anglophiles." I answered brightly.

"Anglophiles?"

"People who greatly admire England or Britain."

"That's... new." He said with a chuckle which made me grin.

"So, are you coming?" I asked hopefully; staring at him intently yet softly.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Liam answered with a heart-melting grin that made my insides turn into mush.

"You're too sweet for your own good, Lili," I mumbled. "Thank you."

"Arie?" Liam called quietly. I looked into his mesmerizing brown eyes and felt butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"I love you so much." He stated softly yet firmly which made me grin and lean down to plant a kiss on his lips.

"I love you, too." I don't know how I'd been so lucky to have gotten someone as perfect as Liam all for myself. Maybe he's my real prince charming? After all, I'd kissed a lot of frogs. Not that I'm saying that Liam is a frog-turned-prince. No, not at all. He's my prince charming... turning into a real-world prince.

In all honesty, I don't want Liam to become a prince of Britain. Sure, he can become a Duke. But never a prince. I won't condemn him to a life that dictates him who to be and how to act. I won't trap him into a duty that he clearly hasn't planned for. I'd want him to be happy. And if by being in a world-renowned boyband makes him happy, I'd gladly let him be a superstar. I won't condemn him to a life like mine where duty always comes before family. And that's why I got into clubbing. It made me feel... free from all my duties.

***

"Arie, can I ask you a really small favor?" Louis said pleadingly as he barged into Liam's living room without any notice, whatsoever. What is it with these boys and walking in without knocking?

I looked up at him from my spot on Liam's chest and quirked an eyebrow, "What is it?"

"Can you talk to Lil? She's been having sever mood swings. And Zayn couldn't even do anything to make her calm down." He trailed off. I slowly got off Liam's chest and pecked his lips.

"Sure thing, Louis. Lead the way." I answered good-naturedly and he grinned before wrapping me in a hug then leading the way to Zayn and Lil's flat.

"Well, you're a bloody prick, Zayn!" Lil shouted angrily at Zayn as Liam, Louis, and I entered the quaint flat.

"Thank God!" Zayn mumbled before walking over to me and hugging me. "The resident psychologist has finally arrived. Help her, please, Arie."

"Of course, Zayn." I answered with a smile before walking over to Lil who was seething with anger on the couch. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest and her face was scrunched up. That didn't make her any less beautiful than she already was, though. It may have even made her more beautiful. Now I know what Zayn saw in her apart from her dexterity and humor.

"Lil, hey." I greeted softly and sat down on the wooden coffee table in front of Lil. She glared at me and I smiled warmly at her which made her smile a small smile back at me.

"Hi, Arie." She answered sullenly before letting her shoulders slump. That's a sign that she's taken her guard down.

"What's bothering you?" I asked.

"I don't have a clue. One minute I'm happy and the next, I'm angry." She whispered and then looked into my eyes. Blue against blue. Only, hers was a rich yet light blue while mine was close to a grey tone.

"Well, Lil, that's probably because of the pregnancy. It's only normal. But, maybe you could control it?" I asked her. She nodded idly and we started discussing things to channel all her emotions at; for example, drawing, writing, singing, even knitting.

"I feel so much better. Thanks, Arie," She said appreciatively; obviously in a better mood. "And, Arie, you're not bad at all."

I smiled, "How so?"

"I thought you were a spoiled brat because of... well... you're a princess. But I now just realized that you're a pretty swell person. And, Liam totally deserves you." She whispered the last part which made me blush and smile sadly. Thank God the boys decided to stay at Niall's flat for the duration of mine and Lil's conversation.

"I don't think I deserve him, Lil." I admitted one of my innermost thoughts. I could trust her, right? That's the problem with having only two true and loyal friends; both of whom are in another country and are also royals. We have a hard time trusting people.

"Why do you think that? I might not be in Cambridge studying Psychology like you, but I do know a few things about self-doubt. I've been there before, Arie. I've always doubted myself. I used to believe that I didn't deserve Zayn... that he deserved someone better."

"You have? But... I thought that..." I trailed off when she shook her head with a small smile on her face.

"I doubt myself, too. I'm not some perfect girl from a perfect family like yours." She said with a grin which made me snort despite my mind yelling at me that it was un-ladylike.

"My family's hardly perfect, Lil. I think that I don't deserve Liam because... he's too good for me. He deserves some girl with a clean reputation. Someone who can leave the middle of a very important state meeting without getting shit for it from newspapers and all of the UK. I have a duty to this country, Lil. I would gladly give my title up, but Liam won't let me. Hell, if he asked me to, I'd take over Antarctica for him." We looked at each other and laughed quietly at my statement.

"You don't want to trap him into anything?" She asked.

"Exactly. I don't want him to regret ever meeting me if and when we're married. Just between the two of us, my grandmummy's thinking about giving him a royal title when we get married." I whispered and she looked at me in disbelief.

"Oh my God. Liam? A... royal?" She clarified.

I nodded, "Yes. He'll even get his own coat of arms and everything."

"Really!? That's so cool! Your secret's safe with me. So, what's it like being a princess?"

"Nifty. But it can get tiring."

And then, we started really getting to know each other. It's nice to know that I made another friend in the form of Louis' little sister. One that will treat me like a normal person and won't use me for anything. So unlike those other girls...
♠ ♠ ♠
Liam and Arie's photo. Excuse the poor editing.

Arie's Outfit

I am so sorry that I just updated this! I meant to update last week... but I was busy. I AM SO SORRY! Please forgive me. I love all of you. And... well... 'til tomorrow, my lovies.