Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

The Hunt

"I don't even care if the world os going to end. I want to walk and that's final, Liam." I stated stubbornly as I threw the duvet off my legs. It was a rainy day out and I wanted to walk around the castle even if my ankle was sprained. After all, crutches weren't made to be displayed.

"At least use the wheelchair, Arie." Liam pleaded for the umpteenth time which made me stare at him impassively.

"Do I look like an old woman to you? Hell, my grandmum is 84-85 years old and she doesn't use a bloody wheelchair. I don't need a bloody wheelchair." I argued persistently. Liam pursed his lips and let out a low, frustrated growl which, dare I say it, was so sexy and made me want to give in to his wheelchair idea.

"But your grandmum doesn't have a sprained ankle, does she?" He asked me as a smug smile made its way to his face. It's quite rare to have Liam, my Liam, being cocky and smug... and when he is acting like both those things, I found it quite hot. He's my one weakness.

"Touché, Payne. Touché." I admitted before sitting up straight and looking at Liam.

"Well played, Mountbatten-Windsor." He answered with a laugh which made me join him despite the fact that he didn't want me to go outside without a wheelchair. I wasn't angry at him. No, not one bit. You just CAN'T be angry at Liam. It just doesn't happen. It's a rare occurence. "Why do you have such a long surname?"

"I... because of my ancestors? It's a really, really long story." I explained.

"I have the time. If you want, you can shorten it for me." He asked with a small pout which made me want to kiss him so badly. If my ankle wasn't injured and if he wasn't all the way across the room, I would snog him senseless.

"Alright. My family's last name used to be Saxo-Coburg-Gotha up until 1917 when they changed it to Mountbatten-Windsor because... I dunno. The people didn't like German surnames?" I said with a shrug. Liam got up off the ottoman and sat down beside me on the bed.

"So, you're saying that you're actually German?" He asked with a quirked eyebrow which made me smile.

"A little, tiny bit? The German blood must've been washed down from marrying English people." I answered. "Hey, we're getting off topic here. I still want to go outside."

"Damn. I thought that you already forgot about that." He mumbled.

"You should curse more often. It's hot." I pointed out and Liam blushed which made me bite my bottom lip and nudge him with my elbow. "So, about that walk..."

"Arie, no. Not without a wheelchair." Liam answered defiantly which made me groan and glare at him.

"I am a princess, Liam! I practically own England. Anything I say goes." I said like the little brat in me instructed.

"Well, sorry to defy you and your whim, your highness, but I am your boyfriend and anything I say goes as long as it is for your well-being. And that stroll will not happen unless you get your pretty little butt on that wheelchair." Liam stated firmly and pointed to the wheelchair that was in one corner of the room.

"But I don't want to sit on that thing. It's embarassing! I have a reputation to keep up." I whined and pouted which made Liam sigh and cup my cheeks.

"You are so stubborn." He whispered before blanketing my lips with his, making me feel flustered as his hands trailed down my sides. "Fine. Come on."

"Wha-?" I never got to finish my sentence since Liam literally just scooped me up into his arms and walked out the door; careful not to let my injured ankle sway too much or make contact with anything.

My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around his neck and I pulled myself closer to him, just to feel his warmth and inhale his 'Liam smell'.

For a few minutes, we were silent; just walking down the corridors, looking out the windows that overlooked the courtyard...

"So, my grandmum told you, huh?" I decided to break the calm silence with the question that I've been dying to ask Liam since Saturday evening; it's now Monday morning, we leave on Wednesday.

"You heard that?" He asked softly and stopped at the corridor that went around to the indoor courtyard.

"Yes." I answered with a nod. Liam sighed quietly and moved to the side and set me down on one of the stone benches before sitting beside me.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked softly; his eyes boring into mine with such an intensity that it made me want to melt into a puddle of goo. The rain hitting the roof as well as the stone paths and grass served as our background music for a while before I decided to speak up,

"No. I'm just sorry that you had to find out from my grandmum. I was going to tell you about it, Liam." I assured him and he smiled before placing a hand on top of mine and leaning in to place a chaste kiss upon my lips.

"I love you." He whispered softly.

"I love you, too." I answered and smiled before pecking his lips.

***

"How are you feeling, Arabella?" My mum asked softly as she sat down on one side of my bed; right across Liam. Out of the two days that I'd been injured, I would bet all my inheritance money that my grandmum visited me more than my own mother.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mum... it's just that she doesn't... how do I put this? Her work is always her first priority, not her family. No wonder she and her first husband, whom I'm dearly fond of, got divorced.

"Peachy." I answered simply and she smiled before looking at Liam.

"Thank you again, Liam, for taking care of Arabella. It's so nice to know that she finally has someone that really cares about her." My mother stated frankly. I bit my tongue as my ears heated up due to the embarassment that I felt.

"I love your daughter very much, your highness. It's my duty and right to take care of Arie. She's my everything." There go those words again, rolling off of Liam's tongue ehich made me want to melt into the sheets.

My mother smiled a sly smile and nodded to herself as if Liam had passed a test. Then again, Liam is my first official boyfriend... it's only normal that my family would put him through secret tests. And I'm sure that he's already 75% through. No one could ever dislike Liam. Even when you hate him, you don't hate him.

"The men going hunting tonight." My mum stated before patting my leg and getting off the bed. She looked at Liam with a smile on her face, "Join them, Liam."

"I-your highness," Liam stammered. Clearly, he was torn between accepting the offer and going with them, leaving me here all alone, and rejecting the offer and possibly offending my mum.

"Lili, you should go with them." I piped up and intertwined my fingers with his. He looked up at me with wide and worried eyes. Oh, my Liam.

"But, Arie... I want to take care of you." He whined softly. I squeezed his hand lightly and smiled at him.

"I'll have countless chambermaids to take care of me. I won't be alone. The hunt only lasts at least three hours. I'll be fine." I reassured him and he bit his bottom lip before looking into my eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asked softly and I responded with a nod as well as a smile.

"I'm sure. Mum, what time's the hunt? Liam's coming along."

"Splendid! They leave in half an hour. I'll inform your father. Be sure to pack only the essentials, m'boy. Arabella will tell you what to bring. I'll send Harry to come and get you." She bid and walked out of the room.

"Are you really sure?" He asked one last time, silently hoping that I would let him stay.

"Yes, I'm sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hai guise! The boys SMASHED it in the Olympics. Right now I'm at school with my friends and I may or may not update tomorrow. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm sure of one thing, though... I love all of you. xx