Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

Try Again

*Liam's P.O.V.*

Three days have passed since that horrible day. Arie has gotten little to no sleep in the past few days. Every night, she would cry silently when she thought that I was asleep. She refused to eat and only opted for drinking a glass of water for each day; as per my request.

During the day time, Arie would sit by the window in our room and she would just hold her stomach as he stared out into the busy street.

It's like she was trapped in a zombie-like state. Even Harry, her favorite cousin, couldn't snap her out of her long trance.

I've tried countless times to tell her that none of what happened was her fault, but she still blamed herself. Lil called thrice a day to check up on Arie, but the news was always the same. She was unrelenting.

Her mum came and visited us yesterday, but she left that evening so that she could attend a meeting the following day. Oh, and the Queen called this morning. She talked to Arie and then gave me some wise words that I will take to the grave with me.

And now, I'm on my way up to mine and Arie's room to bring her breakfast; even though she won't eat it. It still doesn't hurt to try, does it?

I balanced the tray on one hand and opened the door with my free one. What I saw almost made me drop the tray of food.

Arie was there, sitting in the middle of the queen-sized bed... with a SMILE on her face.

"Good morning, Liam." She greeted warmly which made all the blood in my body rub up to my cheeks.

"G-good morning." I stuttered out as I placed the tray down on the coffee table and moved to sit down on the bed; across her, "I missed your smile. Are you okay?"

She shook her head, "A little sad... but, for the past three days, Liam... I saw what my selfishness was doing to you. It was making you unhappy. And now, I've decide not to dwell on what happened and move on with our life. I need you to promise me something..."

"Anything."

"What happened three days ago made me realize that I won't always be around... Liam, I need you to promise me that if something happens to me, you'll move on; find another girl that would love you as much as I do, if not more." She said softly and reached out to grasp my hands in both of hers.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I shook my head, "Arie, I... you're the only one. I can't... No one... Arie, it's only you. It will always be you."

"You have to promise me that you'll move on if something happens to me, Liam. I want you to be loved and cared-for." Arie stated firmly and squeezed my hands, "Promise me, Liam."

"I'll try." I whispered.

"Good." She whispered and carefully crawled into my lap before wrapping her arms around my neck and resting her head on my chest.

*Arie's P.O.V.*

Three whole days of mourning over mine and Liam's unborn baby was enough. I could tell that I was hurting Liam and I didn't want that. I was being selfish and I needed to get a grip.

That incident was traumatizing. It scared me out if my wits and made me realize that I couldn't live forever; that I was not invincible. It made me think of 'contingency plans' per se, and all those contingency plans revolved around Liam's future.

No one knew of the miscarriage apart from me, Liam, and Dr. Luther. Surely, telling everyone would result in a war between Liam's fans and I. Well, it wouldn't be considered at war since I wouldn't be fighting them back; that would put my whole family to shame.

"I missed you so much." Liam whispered in my hair as he hugged me closer to him, if that was even possible.

"I'm so sorry." I answered and kissed his clothed chest.

Liam ran his hand through my hair and kissed the top of my head before answering, "None of it was your fault, love. None of it."

"I love you so much, Liam."

"I love you, too, Arie. So much. So, so much. It will only ever be you."

***

"I'm doing a little better now, grandmummy. I'm so sorry that I scared all of you." I apologized to my grandmother as I sat on Liam's lap; my head still resting on his chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and kissed the crown of my head for the umpteenth time that day.

"It's not your fault." Liam whispered into my hair which made my eyes fill with tears again. He kept saying that when I apologized to everyone that I have called today. I really appreciated it, but there will always be a part of me, no matter how small that part may be, that will blame myself for what had happened. There will always be 'what if' questions floating around in my head. I will always be curious as to what would have happened had that incident not happened in the first place.

Would Liam have left me with the baby, or would he have stayed and become a father at the tender age of 19? Though, I'm sure that Liam would never ever leave his responsibility behind...

"We will double security for both you and Liam." My grandmother stated firmly which made me sigh and nod quietly.

"Why the long face, babe?" Liam asked me as he put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up so that I was looking into his eyes.

"Nothing," I managed to stammer out as his brown eyes looked into my soul.

Liam pressed his lips lightly to mine and I smiled a small, shy smile.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips which made tingles shoot down my spine.

"Arabella, are you listening to me?" My grandmother asked sternly; making me snap out of my trance-like state.

"Yeah. I mean... yes, grandmummy."

***

"You don't know-oh-oh
You don't know you're-"

"Wait, wait, where's Arie?" Currently, the boys were practicing their vocals in the living room while I holed myself up in the kitchen; busying myself with the task of making cupcakes. And the one who spoke up was Liam.

Normally, I didn't bake... I didn't even do household chores. I had ladies' maids for that. But right now, I need a diversion; anything that will distract me from thinking of what had happened three days ago.

"In the kitchen," I answered and placed the cupcakes in the oven. "Why?"

"Nothing. I just missed you." Liam answered and all the boys teased him for it; either cat calling or nudging him.

I giggled, "I miss you, too. I'll be there in a minute."

After setting the timer for the cupcakes, I set off for the living room and plopped down on Liam's lap as he and the boys were in the midst of singing 'Gotta Be You'.

"But don't be scared,
I ain't going nowhere." He whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled my cheek with his nose. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I answered quietly and rested my cheek against his chest.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Niall faked gagging and all the singing ceased as laughter ensued.

"You two are mushier than Lil and Zayn before they were married." Louis pointed out.

"We're still a mushy couple now." Zayn defended himself and his wife.

"Yes. Because throwing a candle and a vase at you is the epitome of love." Harry piped up sarcastically which had me in a fit of giggles; trying to hide the longing and jealousy that I felt. I had never been one to wish for a baby, like, ever... but when I met Liam, and when I found out that I had carried and lost our baby... all my beliefs and dreams changed.

"I want a baby." I whispered into Liam's chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around me and kissed my temple.

"We'll try, love. We'll try." He whispered into my hair and I nodded once.

There he goes again... putting my wants and needs before his own. You just can't not love Liam James Payne.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hai, guise. I'm a bit busy at the moment... i'll do a longer end note on the next chappie.

Thanks for the comments/reviews. :3 xx