Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

Polo Match?

Chapter 4 (Liam Story)

"Arabella, wake up, darling." I heard my mother's distinct voice gently rouse me from my sleep. I cracked an eye open and smiled up at the woman that brought me into this world.

"Morning, mum." I greeted groggily.

"Something came in the mail for you this morning." She answered and smiled down at me.

"Something always comes in the mail for me, mum." I stated matter-of-factly.

"But, you're going to like this one."

My eyebrows shot up in amazement when she held up a green envelope with turtle designs on it. And, I quickly snatched it out of her hands.

I eagerly opened the letter and silently read it.

"What did he say?" My mother asked. I looked up at her and squealed before hugging her. 

Dear Arie,

Hi. Good morning. Err... You might be wondering why the envelope didn't have any formal return address and sending address..


I picked the envelope up and, true enough, only my name and 'From Liam Payne' was written there. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before turning back to the letter.

I can explain that to you over brunch. Are you free today? I know that we have dinner set up for tomorrow, but, I had so much fun last night that I want to spend time with you again; today.

You can just call me if you want to go. If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine. I know that you have a busy schedule and I completely understand and respect that your duty to your country must come before spending time with a boy from Wolverhampton.


Truly Yours,
Liam :)


"Do I have to go to the Polo match with you?" I asked with a pout. My mother laughed lightly and patted my cheek.

"Oh, Arabella, I'm sorry. But, you have to attend this match. Harry has been looking forward to seeing you after that... party you went to last week." She said sadly.

I frowned, "Oh. Okay. I'll ca-"

She cut me off, "But, you can invite him along to the match. And, you two can have your date there."

"It's not a date, mum. It's just me and Liam, sitting there, drinking pop while watching ten people on horses hit a ball with an oversized mallet." I countered as a blush crept up my cheeks.

"Call it whatever you will, Arabella, but, it is a date. And, besides, that boy will be good for you."

"I know, mum. You said that last night."

My mother smiled and patted my hand before getting off my bed and walking over to the door.

"Mum," I called; she turned to me. "I haven't thought about going clubbing ever since I met Liam. He makes me believe that I can stop my clubbing habits..."

"Well, he was better than I thought. Invite him to the Polo match; say that I would like to meet him." She said with a smile before exiting my room; leaving me totally stumped on what to say to Liam. I can't be all like, 'Hey, Liam. My mum, the Princess Royal of England, told me to invite you to today's Polo match because wants to meet you since she thinks that you're the perfect little gentleman for me.'. No. That would be too... atrocious.

I just love that word. Don't you? Atrocious. It glides off your tongue-

"Great. Now I'm talking to myself about why I like 'atrocious'. Just great. I guess I'll just... how do Americans say it... ah, wing it. I'll just wing it."

With that, I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and called the number that was slowly becoming familiar to me.

"Yello?" An Irish accented voice asked with what sounded like a mouthful of food. I smiled; already having a soft spot for the Irish lad.

"Niall? Hi. Is Liam there?" I asked softly.

"Who is this?"

"It's Arie."

"Oh, Arie! Hi! I'll call him... just hold on. Liam!"

"Yeah, Niall?" Liam asked aloud.

"Phone's for you." Niall answered.

"Who is it? I'm busy."

"It's Arie."

"What!? Why didn't you say so?" There was some shuffling and I giggled at Liam's reaction. It's not everyday that Liam Payne reacts like that to your phone call.

"Arie? Hi!" Liam greeted excitedly.

"Hello, Liam." I answered with a cheeky grin.

"So, is it a yes?" He asked; not bothering to beat around the bush.

"Yep. But, I have to attend this Polo match later. And... I was wondering if we could hang out there for an hour or two before we go around London. And... err.. my mum wanted me to say that she formally invites you to today's Polo match." I said the last part nervously and I bit my tongue in anticipation of his answer. He might say that it was a bit too overwhelming and we could just go out to dinner tomorrow as planned. Talk about getting your ego bruised.

Here's a fun fact, a person's 'ego' in psychoanalysis serves as the mediator between the 'id' and 'superego'. Wait... Why am I even talking about psychoanalysis at a time like this!?

"What am I supposed to wear? I've obviously never been to a royal Polo match before..." He said with a nervous laugh. I smiled and laid back on my array of pillows before running a hand through my hair.

"You can wear anything you like, silly. If it helps, I'm gonna wear a smart-casual dress. I'd wear a button down and jeans, but that will only make Haz force me to ride a horse." I answered with a laugh.

"You ride horses?" Liam asked incredulously. "What time is the match, anyway?"

"It runs in my family. And, the match starts at 9:30, but we have to be there by 9. The track is half an hour away from here..."

"Would you like me to pick you up? We can take a cab or I can make Louis drive us there."

"Of course. A cab sounds fine, Liam. I don't think that Louis will like the idea of being a chauffeur for the day." I answered with a light laugh as Liam chuckled.

"So, I'll see you at 8?" He asked unsurely.

"8 it is."

"Than-"

"Don't thank me, Liam. I should be the one thanking you."

"But, I'm still grateful because you invited me."

"That's the same thing, Liam. I'm gonna punch you when you get here if you say anything that has to do with gratefulness." I threatened playfully.

"Would you really do that?" I could just see the pout on his perfect lips.

" Well... no.  You're too cute for that. So, I'll see you at 8." I quickly changed the topic as a blush crawled on to my cheeks.

"Alright. Bye, Arie. I'll see you soon."

"Bye, Li-li."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I can't do a proper A/N now, guys.. I need to go to bed now or else my mum is going to flip... Yeah... So... Good night... or morning wherever you are. ❤