Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

Job

(A/N: For Pro-Josef people, the link to the alternate chapter is in the A/N down there.)

"No."

Two simple letters combined to make a very short yet, in most cases, very hurtful word.

If you made me count how many times my mother has said that word to me, I'd answer you with a small smile and a shrug for she'd said it so many times that I've become immune to its sting.

"What do you mean 'no'? I want to get a job." I protested heatedly, not tearing my gaze from my mother's eyes as she looked up at me from behind her desk.

"Josef can support your financial needs." She answered coolly and I narrowed my eyes and gritted my teeth in irritation.

"This is not a matter of if he can support us financially or not. I very well know that he can, but this is about me wanting to have something to do while all of you practically forced me out of university." I practically hissed in anger.

My mother looked taken aback by my outburst, "If that's what you want, Arabella."

"Thank you." I stated sardonically before subtly rolling my eyes and traipsing out of my mother's study.

Today was sort-of a vacation for me. I promised myself that I wouldn't think about Josef or Liam even for just 24 hours. And, it's been a blissful morning by far.

I exited the palace through the northern gates and placed my sunglasses over my eyes as I walked down the street with Landon and Brady subtly trailing behind me.

By-passers looked at me and I either smiled back at them or gave them a courteous nod. Ah, the never-ending responsibilities of a princess.

Suddenly, a sign posted on a nearby clothing store caught my attention. It said that they had a job vacancy, so I immediately scurried over to the window and read all the requirements.

"Your highness?" Landon asked quietly from behind me.

I spun on my heel and faced him, "I want this job."

"If you really want to, Arabella." Brady answered with a curt nod.

I smiled lightly and marched towards the entrance before entering the store with a determination than can rival a whole battalion's.

"Good morning, your highness. What can I do for you?" The female shopkeeper greeted with a clumsy curtsy which made me stifle a giggle, "We have new dresses that just arrived this morning."

"Oh, no, no... I'm not here to buy dresses. I'm here to apply for a job." I answered softly.

"B-but..." She stammered.

"I'll submit my resumé and every document that will be necessary; by tomorrow." I stated firmly; the determination loud and clear in my tone of voice.

"T-that won't be necessary, your highness. We've been looking for another floor model for so long." She explained gently.

I smiled and nodded, "Brilliant! When do I start?"

"Whenever you like, your highness."

"Brill! Oh, and please call me Arie. 'Your highness' is just too... grandiose for my taste."

***

As soon as I signed the contract and exited the store, the first person on my mind was Liam.

I had to tell him the great news that I finally had a job of my own, granted that it can't help me sustain the British economy since I only get minimum wage.

I immediately grabbed my phone from my purse and dialed Liam's number with fervor before putting the mobile device up to my ear.

It rang thrice before he picked up, "Hey, love."

"Li-li! I have some great news!" I exclaimed happily; so happy that it was as if I'd won the lottery.

"What?! What is it?" Liam asked excitedly.

"I got a job!"

"What?! When?! Where?! How?! When do you start?"

"I saw a sign while I was walking down the street from Buckingham and then I saw a job vacancy sign. I start as a floor model on Tuesday."

"That's really great! We should have dinner to celebrate! How about tonight? My place? Louis' bringing Eleanor to give you some tips on floor modeling." He exclaimed chirpily which made me grin.

"Of course! That would be brilliant. Thank you! So, 7 PM tonight?" I clarified.

"Yes. 7 PM tonight. Love, I gotta go. We're up for recording in a few minutes and Savan is looking at me while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively." He stated with a laugh.

I smiled, "Sure, babe. Tell everyone I said hello. Love you."

"Will do, love. Love you, too. I'll see you later." He bid.

"Yeah. Later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo... I'm sorry if this is so short while Josef's is longer... I had the urge to write about him and yeah...

I promise I'll make the next one better.

Luff you guys and thank you so much for the comments! They helped me A LOT! :) xx

Here's the alternate chapter for Josef: http://dudeandduchess.tumblr.com/tagged/alternatechappy