Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

Yes

"Oh, Liam..."

He looked up at me with wide, expectant eyes that were more than enough to make my resolve crack down the middle.

I wanted to refuse his proposal for there was already a ring on my finger; all my moral conscience screamed at me to wait for another more opportune moment, maybe when all of this has blown over. But there was still a 'what if' that tugged at my mind.

That 'what if' constantly made me think about the possibility of my arranged marriage pushing through. Even though my grandmother gave her word to Liam that she will try to put an end to the engagement, it still wasn't enough of a certainty that could cause us to stay put and just wait. After all, words were just words.

"Yes." I whispered and Liam visibly relaxed as he slipped the ring on my finger; along with the finger that held Josef's engagement ring.

The plain platinum band that Liam had slipped on to my finger was very plain in comparison to the ring that Josef had gotten me. Ironically, the rings reflected what my life would be like if I married either of them. Here is a short analogy:

With Josef, my life would be grandiose. It will still be the same but not entirely. Of course I would need to move to Vaduz (Liechtenstein) with him, but other than that nothing more would change in my life. I would still get to live in a grand palace or a mansion that has been a family heirloom for centuries. I will still be subjected to attend to my royal duties. Nothing much will change.

With Liam, my life would be led simply with the occasional royal duty here and there. Most things would be new to me. I would get to experience life as normally as I can as the wife of an international pop sensation. It will be a breath of fresh air from the things that have been bred and drilled into me and my brain ever since I was born.

Liam got up off the floor from his kneeling position and then hugged me tightly before blanketing my lips with his own.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips and trailed kisses down to my neck.

"I love you, too."

***

Before I could even stop and protest, time flew by quickly.

My eyes fluttered open and I smiled when I felt Liam's arm wrapped tightly around my bare waist.

Silently, I relished in the fact that I was now officially engaged to Liam
James Payne of all people. It all felt surreal, to be honest. These overwhelming feelings of joy were a clear contrast to the feelings that I felt when Josef proposed to me. I was happy this time around.

Still, my happiness was doused with cold water when thoughts of Josef came flooding into my mind. Was it wrong to be happy with the right person instead of the one that everyone thinks is right for me? No. It wasn't. But everyone would think differently if this engagement reaches the wrong ears.

I sighed quietly and buried my face into Liam's chest in a silent plea for all the thoughts not centered around him to cease. Those thoughts, as if afraid of Liam, abruptly stopped.

Aforementioned started to stir and I felt the hand on my waist glide up my spine before resting on my left shoulder.

"Good morning," he greeted groggily and I giggled before practically throwing myself on him in the form f a hug. "Someone woke up on the right side of the bed."

"For your information, I AM on the right side of the bed." I pointed out with a laugh escaping my lips.

He chuckled and leaned down to press a kiss to my lips, "I failed to notice."

"What did you notice then?" I humored him; quirking my eyebrow to emphasize my question.

"Your nakedness." He pointed out and I flushed beet red before gently slapping his toned stomach with the back of my hand.

"Since when have you been so cheeky?" I asked; the blush still present on my cheeks.

"I've always been cheeky, love. You have just failed to notice it." He stated with a smug grin that made butterflies flutter wildly in my chest.

For a few minutes, we were wrapped in a very comfortable silence. Then, I decided to break it.

"Liam," I whispered quietly; afraid that Liam had fallen asleep again.

"Hmm?" He questioned curiously.

"I can't wear the ring." I stated quietly as if if I'd said it any louder the whole world would know about our secret engagement.

"I understand," He answered with a small nod that indicated that he was not happy with that fact but still respected my decision not to reveal our secret relationship to the whole world.

That would be just like committing social suicide. 

"It doesn't mean I love you less, though." I whispered softly and trailed butterfly kisses up his chest, to his neck, and to his lips. 

"I know. I love you, Mrs. Payne. So very much."
♠ ♠ ♠
FOR PRO-JOSEF PEOPLE:
dudeandduchess.tumblr.com

I don't update that blog aside from the Josef chapters so it'll be the first post. ;) please leave me a review/comment so that I know people DO read the alternate chapters. :(

Thank you to everyone who was left me comments. I really appreciate it. :) xx

Please, please, please leave me a comment/review. Even if it's just a smiley face. They make my day. Plus, they make me stop procrastinating and update faster. PLEEEEEASE?