The Curse of a Vampire

Because It's Me

Image

Outside the rain is pouring heavily. Like on any storm, the thunder is the first. The sound makes any human stir while sleeping. Then, the second is the lightning. It strikes just in time. Two red and furious eyes open wide in rhythm with the weather. The pupil turns wildly, looking at its surroundings. There’s a room fallen into the darkness of the night and just the lightning illuminates it. However, the pair of eyes is not alone.

“You’ve been such a disappointment… I thought I would have more fun but here you are. You were once the predator but now you are just an excuse of vampire. You became amenable and so, the prey of your race.” The voice was cold and sent chills down the chained vampire girl’s spine. Her hair was sticking in every direction and her expressionless face didn’t give any hint of her feelings. However, when the man shook his hand once, his claws became more evident. The lightning struck again and from the shadows there could’ve been seen the vampire girl whose body was rose instinctively when the man stuck his claws into her smooth but bloody flesh. When the darkness surrounded the room again, the thunder covered the loudly and infernally screams.


“NO!” The same red orbs woke up, sweaty and scared. The female looked around and sighed when she realized where she was. “It was…just a dream.” She mumbled. “Just…a dream.” She repeated, trying to convince herself that everything was alright and the bad is gone from her life. The green eyed woman grabbed a hand through her hair and placed her head between her hands. It was going to be a long night, again.

The next morning, inside the house, there was no sound whatsoever. If the girl didn’t know better, she would have thought her brother got into jail again. She walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. Finally, there was a person who seemed to live a normal life.

“I heard you scream last night.” The girl didn’t speak. She simply walked to the fridge and grabbed a red bottle. “Doesn’t it bother you?” She rolled her eyes while drinking the red substance. “Stella…” The boy was getting impatient with her lack of response.

“I try not to think of it. It’s annoying enough that these nightmares continue, from the point I woke up from, every night.” The green eyed boy sighed.

“You’re an idiot.” The girl raised an eyebrow at her brother. “Why don’t you talk with James about it?” She rolled her eyes again and dropped the bottle, now empty, into the bin.

“Because it’s not his business. Neither is yours.” She told him before she walked out of the house and, surprisingly enough, to school.

She was ready to open the door of her car, which she won miraculously a year before, when someone pushed her hands away. There was Nate, looking serious and ready to listen to whatever she had to complain about.

“I’m not going to talk to you about my nightmares. What part of ‘not your business’ and ‘mine’ don’t you get?” He rolled his eyes.

“None.” His response was straight and quite cold. The ride to school was very silent just because Stella gave off the bad vibe and Nate knew better than anyone not to bother her with questions while being like that. While Stella got out of the car, quite fussy, Nate didn’t seem to have a problem in the world.

“Did she tell you?” The green eyed vampire turned around to meet a pair of blue irises. He shook his head and closed the car door. “You have been bugging her about it for a while now. She’s not going to spill a word about it.” They both started to walk towards the head entrance at a low pace.

“Then why don’t you try if you’re such a smartass?” Alex furrowed his eyebrows and nodded. While Nate stopped and stared at Alex’s fading back, Eric walked next to the Gregory noble.

“I bet 50 bucks that he will win a trip to the hospital today.” Nate chuckled and turned to the younger male.

“You’re on.” Both vampires smirked and walked on their own ways.

In the classroom, Stella was getting overly annoyed. She thought that after her first three friends died, by hers, Nate and Tobias’s hands, she will feel bad but she didn’t. It was the start of her senior year and she was going to enjoy it to the fullest. When she first turned to school, after all the mess she’s done, people were backing off. She still couldn’t control that good the noble-ish aura she was emitting, she never could in the first place, but it was lonely for a while. Of course, there were still the boys she had to be stuck with but they weren’t anymore that vital for her life.

“Stella…” She didn’t even turn her head. She knew even before he entered the room what he had in mind. She wasn’t stupid and adding to that, her ears were very good. “Why don’t you tell us about the nightmares? You had them the entire summer!” She placed a hand on her forehead and sighed. “Are they about Matt?” she turned to him fully and titled her head.

“No. I don’t want to talk with you about that. If you want me that badly to tell someone, ask James.” Alex was really confused about her answer. It did make sense why she chose James but she gave off a weird feeling.

“Are you sure you are alright?” Stella didn’t speak another word. It freaked the guys out how much she changed after the whole devil Stella battle. She knew something they didn’t and she was keeping it for herself. They wanted to help, mostly since she started to have nightmares from which she would wake up sweating and screaming like a maniac.

While Alex went into his thoughts, so did Stella but for a shorter period of time. The professor wasn’t coming, he still had to devour his delicious coffee, she smelled that, but what was bothering her was that man from her dream. He sounded British and he was someone she knew and trusted before. She was absolutely sure she was the lying corpse in chains. She could feel the pain in real time too and it was atrocious. Also, that voice was haunting her. She could still hear him…

You became the prey.

She opened her eyes when she remembered that line. It still sent chills. She, Stella Gregory, the big and bad devil who has been through so much, could feel fear towards someone and she didn’t know if that person was even alive!

“Who was he…?” She mumbled. Alex heard her but realized he should first call James and then, maybe, they will all find answers.

The history class was deathly boring. The teacher would go on and on about facts Stella already knew. When she looked to her right, Alex was already in his own little world, completely drowned into it.

“Since this is your last year, I will be easier on you. I want, by the end of the second semester, a project about your family. You can bring them faster, if the family is not that interesting and small.” Some of the kids laughed but the theme got Stella to think. After the bell rang, she let her head fall on the bench.

“Great…family…”she mumbled but it was incomprehensible for the outsiders, with no perfect hearing ability.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will go slower than TBV. I just started to write it so it will take me a while to come up with new chapters. They will, eventually, appear each week but I can't do it faster than this.

Also, there will be new characters I will add later and new mysteries about the Gregory's.