The Curse of a Vampire

We're Going to Europe

Image

Outside, the sky was slowly growing darker and the reason wasn’t just the upcoming night. The clerk walked to the front door and raised her head to look at the black clouds. She frowned and gulped.

“This doesn’t look good at all.” She mumbled.

Stella, on the other hand, didn’t get her eyes out of the documents the whole day. She searched for anything that would point to the curse. There was nothing at all. The information was just about the family as a whole. Aaron came to Firehole with his wife and kids. He met the Arche’s, he made an alliance with them and at some point they broke into a fight. Nothing new whatsoever. She rubbed her temples, annoyed, and arrived to the conclusion that the book about vampires was much better than the old files. Stella moved her attention on the weather just when the lightning stroke. She got up and walked towards the central window. It was the biggest one and had a nice view over the center of the city. Her eyes trailed to the sky and sighed. The whole search didn’t seem to get her anywhere and she couldn’t use the information she already had, by memories, in that family project.

“I have to dig deeper…” She concluded. When the lighting stroke again, in the darkness that surrounded the city, two bloody red eyes appeared for a second on the window. Stella’s own green eyes widened and stepped back. The eyes disappeared as fast as they appeared and it had a big effect on the female vampire.

When Stella got home, there was no one around. She was sure at least her father would be there but, he seemed to be at the hospital, working over hours. Even with her speed, the girl still got drenched by the heavily pouring rain. She walked into her room and changed into her pajamas. After she ate, she placed herself on the couch, covered with a blanket and started to eat ice cream while watching a movie. If Alex wouldn’t have known, when he entered, he would have swore she was just any typical teenager, but he knew better.

“What are you doing in my house?” Alex raised an eyebrow and shook the water out of his hair, exactly like a dog. “Where is Nathan?” The younger vampire walked to her and fell next to her, on the couch. She didn’t even flinch nor move her eyes from the screen.

“Actually, I came here because Nate will have a sleepover with Eric and James.” Stella rolled her eyes.

“Now, doesn’t that sound fun? You should run over there before they start gossiping without you.” Her tone was so sarcastic that it sent waves of annoyance even to Alex. After thinking for a while, Stella moved her head so she could see the bored vampire better. “What is the teufel entfesselt?” Alex got taken back by her straightness. He trailed his eyes over anything in the room just so he wouldn’t have to meet her eyes. The aura she was emitting in that moment was so big that it pressured the poor male to no end.

“I don’t know much about it. Matt doesn’t like to talk about it and I never bothered to ask.” He stopped, thinking that it may be enough but Stella raised an eyebrow as a sign to continue. The male sighed and leaned more into the couch. “It’s about a curse some German family came up with. They were very powerful and whoever dared to question their actions were cursed with the teufel entfesselt. The translation was, if I remember correctly, “He didn’t even have the time to finish because Stella already knew.

“The uncontrollable devil.” Alex nodded. “I found a book which held some information about this. It’s called ‘Curse or Blessing: Words about Night’.” The boy simply rubbed his chin, thinking deeply.

“If you want to find more about it, the only way you can get your information correctly from is to go to Europe.” Both pairs of eyes widened in that moment: Alex, for being so stupid, and Stella for finally finding a solution. “No.” He said firmly. Stella glared down to him, her eyes changing to red. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and brought him uncomfortably closer to her.

“Who’s the older and powerful vampire here, Alex?” He gulped and pointed to her. She smirked. “And who knows better what to do?” Alex was originally trying to point towards the part of front wall which, a year before has been destroyed by Matt, but in the end, and at the intensified glare of a bossy vampire, he ended up pointing to her again. “We’re going to Europe.” Those were the last words before she flashed upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not very long but I couldn't mix this part with another because it would have messed the whole meaning of it.