The Curse of a Vampire

The Weak One

The first country they wanted to check was France. That was Stella's mother country and, moreover, her mother's. Saying Stella was excited was an underestimation. She couldn't walk normally to the hotel and her left eyebrow was twitching. She didn't look cute and happy. She looked like a mentally ill woman.

Alex chose to walk a few feet behind her. He wasn't scared of her as much as he was tired of getting weird glances from passerbies. He tried to cope up with the new and improved Stella Gregory but she just seemed to exceed his expectations.

"Alex?" He didn't stop, though. He was so lost in his thoughts that he just passed her by. She rolled her eyes and grabbed his jacket. "We're here" He shook the thoughts and doubt out of his mind and followed her inside the glamorous hotel. Of course, with the old Stella came her old habits. Staying in places she found appealable enough was one of them.

Because she didn't have enough time, she booked just one room with a double bed. That meant Alex and Stella had to share a bed. Alex and Stella. Right. That wasn't going to end up well.

"Wait. What are you doing?" He placed his luggage on the couch in the back of the room and watched her. She was looking through her own luggage, which she placed in the middle of the bed. She shushed him by throwing one of her bras at his head. He didn't look happy at all.

"I'm not going to waste my time staying inside. We're not here for fun" She smirked when she found what she was searching for. It was a blush. Wait, make up? Alex was surpassed. She opened the container and grabbed a small bottle.

"What's in there? Blood?" She chuckled and patted his head.

"It's melted amethyst. I took a few bottles of it from James's resources" He raised one eyebrow and walked closer to her. Except the small bottle of pink substance and the mischievous glint in her eyes, she looked perfectly innocent.

"How closely did you think your plan?" She smirked and leaned very close to his face. So close that he could feel her breath on his lips.

"Very closely" She back off fast and flashed into the bathroom. "Prepare yourself! We're going out tonight!" She shouted from behind the closed door. Alex sighed and fell on the bed on his back.

"Why am I the weak one?" He whined and, seeing how her luggage was still occupying most of the bed, he pushed it hard, making it fall down with a loud thud.

That afternoon, Stella chose to walk around Lyon. By 8:00 o'clock, Stella dragged Alex around the whole city. It wasn't hard since it wasn't very big.

"Let's take a break" Even though he wasn't tired of walking; he was tired of girls staring at him every corner. Also, Lyon was recognized in the vampire world as a famous city for its history. Many noble families have left behind something to remind the rest of their presence. Gregory did that too.

"Let's go have a drink. Alcoholic one" She wanted to go to a place especially; a place where Alex hadn't been in a long time.

It was just across the Rhone River. Humans were strictly prohibited there because at the end of the night, vampires wanted a snack or a body to play with. It was safer if there were no humans around at all. Therefore, the bar manager placed it in a deserted part of Lyon. It was around the corner, in what looked like a haunted old house.

Inside, though, the bar looked normal. There weren't many people around because it was still early. The party wouldn't start until midnight. That was the happy vampire hour.

As Stella made her way towards the bar, the few eyes who were watching her started to mumble between them. She was someone who never placed foot in there before but her reputation was enough to create murmurs.

"Chérie, que puis-je faire pour toi?" The barman's accent was weird. He was talking in French but it had a funny ring to it. Maybe because Lyon was famous for his franco-provincial dialect.

"AB pour mademoiselle, Michel" She didn't have time to order because someone else did for her. It was a vampire who didn't look even close to Alex's height. He grinned at her, showing his fangs. He looked more like a hormonal teenager than a man of who-knows-how-centuries.

Alex wasn't next to Stella. He wanted to keep a close eye on her but her plan wouldn't let him. So, he could just sit at the bar and drink while eavesdropping.

"Stella Blanche, what a surprise to see you" That was quite weird to say since he didn't look surprised at all. Instead, he was excited for something or another. She could feel it.

"Who are you?" He chuckled. From somewhere down the bar table, Alex glared at her back. The man she was talking to was seriously dangerous but she didn't even know who he was. She was slowly entering the lion's cage and she didn't even know. But again, that was part of her plan.

"Abel. Abel Girard. I am the owner of 'Angelie'" She was a little taken back when he grabbed and kissed the back of her hand. She lived for far too much time around ignorant humans. Now, her status meant something. "Is there a reason why the gentleman behind you is glaring at me?" That grin didn't leave his face.

"That's not important now. Ignore him" She drank the whole glass of AB blood in one gulp. Abel took the seat next to her and signed for the barman to get another drink for him and his new acquaintance.

"Is there a reason why you came?" He leaned closer to her and placed his hand on her leg. That ticked a certain blue eyed vampire off.

"Yes. Angelie was the name of the woman who transformed you, am I right?" Abel chuckled but nodded nonetheless. "You named the bar after the vampire who changed you. Isn't that honorable?" She grabbed her glass and started to play with it. Her eyes were staring intensely at the blood.

"I guess it is, yes" She placed the glass down and turned to him fully.

"Angelie was one of the women who Aaron Blanche messed around while the first World War. She got changed by mistake. She was nothing but a whore" Abel's hand retreated instantly from her leg and his eyes hardened.

"Why did you come here?" She smirked and patted his right knee. She let her hand there and started to squeeze it. Her nails were digging deep into his skin.

"I want every document about Aaron Blanche that you have. I'm sure you, as the informant you are, will be a great help" Abel narrowed his eyes at the noble and hissed.

"And what makes you think I will help you?" Stella's eyes changed slowly from green to red and leaned closer to his ear. The younger vampire tensed visibly.

"You do what I ask you and your little Angelie will be able to function for as long as you wish" She stopped and bit his ear. "Don't and you're going to die like your pretty first love. Like trash" Her cold tone sent shivers down the vampire's spine. Her hand traveled from his hand, up towards his stomach. She started to make circles with her finger around his belly.

"Fine" He sighed. Stella backed off and glanced over her shoulder at Alex. The poor blue eyed vampire was drinking his own glass of blood, his eyes closed tightly and his eyebrows narrowed slightly. While Stella had fun, Alex hated how the other vampires were watching her. She wasn't the prey anymore but that didn't mean they stopped seeing her as a prize.

"Why am I the weak one?" He whined again.