The Curse of a Vampire

Kidnapped?

After the small conversation between her and Abel, Stella left her number on the table and left with Alex. She decided to trust Abel with his word and wait for his call. On the way back to the hotel, Stella's eyes were looking somewhere into the distance. She zoned out and Alex remarked that. In rare moments like these, she looked like a normal girl, trying to find the right path in her life. She looked pure and free. There was no curse and no blood.

The silence of the night got disturbed by a presence. It wasn't evil but that didn't mean it wasn't dangerous. Alex felt the need to protect her.

There were eyes watching them walk all the way to the hotel. There were eyes who watched her in the bar as well. The rumor that she was in Lyon was soon to be spread around France. There was someone she wanted to meet but didn't know where they were. She could just wait for them to walk out from their hiding place.

"Do you think Matt sent Tobias to keep an eye on you?" Alex was doubtful. It wasn't even a day since they landed on French territory and he felt followed.

"No. Tobias would never accept. His pride wouldn't let him" Alex chuckled. That was right. Tobias, even though he was Matt's son and her cousin, wasn't fully a noble. He was a bastard for the Gregory name and it annoyed him.

In their room, Stella changed in front of Alex, which led the blue eyed vampire to raise an eyebrow and enjoy the show. After she finished, she jumped on the bed. She grabbed her medallion and started to watch it closely. Granted to the lamp on one side of the bed, the ouroboros started to shine.

"I wonder if he will come and look for me" Alex sat on his side of the bed and grabbed a book from his luggage.

"Who?" She turned the ouroboros on every side, her eyes never leaving it.

"The one who cursed me" Alex scoffed and hit her on the head with his book. She glared at him and placed the medallion on the nightstand.

"Gavin Kraftig"

"Who?" Alex was sincerely confused.

"Did my uncle ever tell you about another noble family who still has members alive?" Alex rubbed his chin, thinking deeply.

"There's Gregory in England, Wa in China and Arche in America. There are a few more noble members but their families weren't that important. I think they are sprawled all over the world" Stella narrowed her eyes.

"What about Kraftig?" Alex rolled his eyes and opened the book he had on his lap.

"I can't tell you for sure there are no more Kraftig members but I know for sure that their leader died long time ago and he didn't have any children" The Gregory vampire bit her lower lip and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Whatever" She grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. They ignored each other for the rest of the night.

The next morning, Stella woke up first. It wasn't because she wanted to do so, instead, she was forced to do it. She heard bangs on the door and she felt danger coming closer. Her eyes opened just in time to see a shadow near the window. Out of human reflex, she looked after Alex. He wasn't in bed. She couldn't feel him anywhere in the hotel room. It was obvious what had happened.

Meanwhile, Alex woke up as well. His eyes traveled around his surroundings. He was in a bed; he was in a clean room which looked pretty comfortable. Nothing hurt and he checked his body for any bruises. He had none. The, how did he get knocked out so quickly?

"Good morning prince charming"

Alex got perplexed by the voice that just came out of nowhere. It wasn't like him to be so ignorant but somehow, he didn't even hear when the door opened. In the doorstep was proudly standing a woman. She was dressed in a pair of dark green jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. She didn't smell funny, which meant she wasn't a vampire. However, for a human, she had a pretty face. Her hair was ginger and sincerely, Alex was waiting to hear her accent.

"Aren't you going to say something?" He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. She did have an Irish accent. It sounded extraordinary cute. He had always had a soft spot for Irish women.

"How did you get me here?" She walked deeper into the room and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"I didn't carry you here. Now, let me ask you something" Alex grabbed a hand through his hair and got on his feet. "Why is Stella Gregory in France?" He was wondering when that question was going to pop up.

"Why are you interested? Aren't you just a human?" He flashed behind her and whispered into her ear. When he saw her body tense, he got the hair off her neck and breathed on it.

"I would like if you would get away from my fiancé, Alex" That voice was familiar. Alex knew it all too well. It belonged to someone who helped him on numerous times but always ended up fighting against. It was complicated.

Alex left the ginger woman and turned his head over his shoulder. A big smile appeared on his face and he chuckled.

"It's been a long time, Paul" The so called vampire smiled sheepishly and nodded.

He didn't look at all like a vampire. He looked like Abel; a teenager who stopped growing. He wasn't muscular at all. He actually looked fragile, like a woman. But, Alex knew the truth behind his looks. Paul Messier had been diagnosed with cancer when he was a human. He fought for his life until the very end. The one who granted his wish and changed him into a vampire was a Kraftig.

After they had moved into what looked like a living room, Paul sent his fiancé away while he had a talk with an old friend.

"You're walking on dangerous waters, Alex. That woman is insane. She doesn't know in how much trouble she will get into" Alex was already used to that. He had lived enough to see Stella at her full potential. He lived through the bad old times and through the bad new times. He didn't know what to expect next, but he knew he may as well end up dead and thrown somewhere.

"You don't know Stella, mate. She is unstoppable" Paul raised an eyebrow, interested. He had never met her personally. Everything he knew about Stella was from documents. "You will meet her soon enough. She will look for me"

"I doubt it" Paul looked worried for a moment. The older vampire furrowed his brows confusedly. "I got you just in time. I knew he will pay you a visit but I didn't think it would be so fast. She has a few things to talk to him about" Alex was seriously caught into a confusing situation.

"Who?" Paul snarled. He didn't like that guy at all and his past wasn't helping either.

"Gavin Kraftig"