The Curse of a Vampire

Gavin Kraftig

"Who are you?" Stella had a very low limit for patience. Whoever was messing around in her hotel room chose to follow her. She ended up walking aimlessly through Lyon, hoping to get that shadow into the light.

"I swear, if it's you Tobias you will get it badly" Someone chuckled. It sounded from somewhere behind her and it was from a close range. Her eye started to twitch. The self control she tried to keep just broke.

While walking at quite a faster pace, she could feel her fists growing white from the pressure. The blood was boiling through her veins and the adrenaline was growing with each step. She was ready to walk around the corner when she abruptly stopped. Her eyes closed for a few seconds; when they opened, her irises were red.

For those few moments, the whole world seemed to stop. She stood there, not moving an inch, and listened. When a vampire used his power and flashed from one side to the other, the wind was moving differently; or that was what Stella had learned from her father. She listened closely and without much fuss, she stuck her left foot to the side. Time started to move again while her anonymous follower fell on his face.

"For how evil you sounded, you are definitely an idiot" The vampire on the ground groaned. He regained his posture fast and flashed in front of her. However, Stella was completely unimpressed.

"We finally meet"

He grabbed her hand and kissed it. When he raised his head, she could look into his eyes. They were weird. One eye was brown while the other was green. She had never seen something like that before. A vampire with different eye colors was unheard of.

"Who are you?" The vampire chuckled and rubbed his neck.

"We should go somewhere private first" He stuck his hand out for her to take it. She didn't. She looked between his face and his hand, confused. In the end, she just slapped his hand. The stranger furrowed his brows but didn't question her behavior. He placed his hands in his pockets and started to walk somewhere. Stella titled her head to the side and watched him. Did he expect her to follow him? Was he serious? The vampire sighed and decided that she didn't have a choice.

"This guy is seriously an idiot"

The stranger got Stella in a decent place, surprisingly. However, it was lunch so Starbucks was quite crowded. They were lucky to find a free table. Or maybe the vampire used some of his charms to make it available.

Stella stared for a while at him. He held his coffee with his right hand while the left was on the table. He had one leg over the other, like women do, and he was lazily leaning back on the chair. He looked like he just got out from a magazine.

"Are you going to tell me who are you?" He shrugged. Stella's eyebrows furrowed and she kicked him under the table. He jumped, surprised, and glared at her.

"Gavin. I'm Gavin. Now stop being so violent!" Stella did stop but not because he asked her to. That name rang a bell.

"Gavin Kraftig?" The man nodded and continued to rub his leg. She had quite some power. He was trying to tease her, enjoy the time with Stella Blanche but she was different from what he had heard.

"Is there a problem with my name?" She nodded. "What?"

"You are Ian Kraftig's son?" Gavin scoffed. That name wasn't on his good list.

"Yes. I'm his illegitimate son. And yes, he is dead" Stella's eyes widened and she kicked him again, unconsciously. He pouted, not hissed, pouted. He was acting like a teenager, which he probably was.

"You want me to believe that you are a Kraftig? You?" Her eyes scanned him once again. He didn't look at all dangerous and she couldn't measure his power because he didn't use it yet. Gavin was annoyed, though. He was tired of that label.

"Were you expecting some old and cranky guy who would have just broke your arms and legs?" She nodded. Gavin narrowed his eyes and scoffed. " Well, surprise! I'm not." He started to drum with his fingers on the table. He was definitely annoyed. "Are there any more questions?"

"Yes" She sounded serious but he couldn't be sure of that. She didn't look like a treat at all. She was just a pretty woman. "Are you labeling me as being a pure woman right now?" He chuckled. She just back fired the whole situation towards him. "Why are you here?"

"Because of you" He titled his head to the side and looked out the window. Stella watched him sip from his drink before he sighed. "Once upon a time, when I was human, my mother told me about my father and what he had done. He cursed whoever dared to kill one of his family members. You didn't have a fault. It was just a mistake but he didn't care. He cursed you" Stella sighed.

She had heard that before. She wanted to find out something new. She didn't expect to meet Gavin so early in her journey but it didn't matter. She just wanted answers.

"I know that. I want you to tell me something I don't know" He snickered behind his drink. She was getting annoyed because she didn't know anything about Kraftig. Unfortunately, being a bastard in the family, he didn't know much.

"I don't know a lot of things about Kraftig. My mother tried to keep me away. But, when Ian found out about me he got furious. He killed my mother, he killed everyone in the city and he changed me into a vampire" He glared at his drink so hard that his eyes became red. His fangs were slowly getting visible, as well. "He made sure that I watch everything and in the end, he left me in the center of the corpses"

"Did you go to prison?" He chuckled but it was in amusement. It was pitiful.

"No. I didn't. I left before the officers came. I was born in the moment Adolf Hitler became chancellor. I was born with the doom"

"How old were you when he changed you?" Gavin's eyes hardened even more.

"It was my 24th birthday. I had no one but my mother and he just took her away from me. So easily" Stella's eyes narrowed gradually. She didn't know that. But, truthfully, she didn't care about his tragedy. She was on a selfish mission.

"You weren't alive when he cursed me" He nodded. "You are no help to me" He smirked bemusedly and leaned on the table.

"Am I? I learned everything about the Kraftig family. I learned everything about Ian" She bit her lower lip and gave up.

"What is your benefit?" He started to genuinely laugh. She was thinking really lowly of him but she was right.

"I want you to kill every Kraftig member who survived the Tragedy" That was something new. Not the deal or his interest, but what he was insinuating.

"There are more Kraftig members alive?" He nodded slowly. Her eyes hardened and reddened quickly and she felt a chill down her spine. She wasn't scared; she was excited. Gavin smirked. He knew he was taking a big risk with her but there was no one he could make such a deal with if not the Devil himself.