‹ Prequel: Say It One More Time

I'll Never Be The Same Again

Chapter One

“Honey, could you get us some butter?” he asked me politely.
“Of course babe,” I replied walking to the fridges in the supermarket. Over the last five years I’ve become quite the actress. Everyone we know in this town think that me and Cayne have a loving relationship. He tells them that he saved me from an abusive ex. I just go along with it. It turns out that if I don’t, I’ll just regret it later when we’re alone.

I haven’t spoken to any of my friends or family since that night back in Belleville. I now live in a small town called Greenport. It’s not really that far from Belleville, only a two and half hour drive. Maybe that’s why Cayne decided it was a good place to live, they wouldn’t suspect us to be so close… But it kills me every day… He won’t let me watch the news or listen to radio, so I have no idea how the guys are doing, or if their band made it, I don’t know how the girls are doing… I hate it.

I contemplated taking my life several times in the past… But that would mean he won.
“Here you go,” I said sweetly, placing the tub of butter in the trolley, “Is that everything?”
He checked over the trolley before agreeing with me, and pushing it over to the checkouts.
“Hey guys!” we were greeted by Sasha, the girlfriend of one of Cayne’s new friends.
“Hey Sash,” I greeted as I began to unload the shopping onto the belt.

“Oh Cayne, Max wanted to know if you were up for a fishing trip tonight with the guys?”
Max was her boyfriend, he was a complete douche. If I actually liked Sasha I might have felt sorry for her dating that asshole, but she was the kind of girl who sought these guys out.

“That sounds cool, tell him I’ll be there,” Cayne replied. I was used to him just deciding to spend time with them over me without asking, like a normal couple would, but then I was always thankful for the time I got alone. I used it to write, and if Cayne ever found he’d probably kill me. He does still have that gun.
“Sure thing,” she replied as she finished scanning our shopping.
“See you around guys,” she smiled as we made our way out to Cayne’s car.

Once we pulled up outside the little house, Cayne ran all of the bags in before pushing me up the stairs and into the bedroom.
“Well, seeing as I’m going out tonight, we’d better get this over and done with now.”
Isn’t he just so romantic?
He pushed me onto the bed and began his usual routine. He always did the same thing, and I still didn’t enjoy it. I’d given up on struggling as he’d just hit me if I did. So I just lay there, letting him have his way with me.

-~- The Next Day -~-

I woke up at about 10am, realising that Cayne had never come home last night.
I always find myself feeling annoyed at this, not because I want him here, but because I start wondering, what if I’d just made a run for it, I could be back in Belleville by now. But then I think about how Cayne would track me down and probably kill me… Or how everyone’s probably moved on…

I sighed and dragged myself out of bed and into the kitchen to make some breakfast.
As I was eating, I heard the door opening, revealing Cayne and his mates, plus their girls. Well, at least there’ll be no sex…
I put the kettle on as they all walked through to the kitchen.
“Don’t bother with that, we’re having beer” Cayne told me.

As he spoke, I noticed that Max was carrying several bags filled with the stuff. I turned the kettle off and the bottles were passed round.
“So, did you catch much last night?” I asked, starting conversation. It worked, once the guys got started on their achievements, it was very difficult to stop them.
“Oh hey, guys! I forgot to tell you, I won eight tickets to Warped Tour,” Kyle, one of Cayne’s other mates, suddenly announced, “So I thought we could all go, should be fun, lots of booze and weed!”
Everyone cheered at this, including Cayne, which confused me.

After they had all gone there was a weird silence throughout the house.
“I’m surprised you’re gonna let me go to the Warped Tour,” I stated honestly.
“You just don’t get it do you? I love you, you’re the one who makes everything difficult.”
“If you loved me that much you’d let me be happy.” I snarled.
“Well I’m taking you to Warped Tour aren’t I?!”
“Only because your friend won tickets, you wouldn’t choose to!”
“You are so fucking ungrateful!”
“Maybe I wouldn’t be if you hadn’t kidnapped me and raped me god knows how many times” saying this was a mistake, he hated it if I mentioned rape and kidnap; somehow, he doesn’t see it as that. And it resulted in him grabbing my wrist, burning the skin as he did it. There’s a reason why I wear wristbands all the time now.

He pushed me to the floor, making me hit my head on the counter while I went down, before storming off into the living room, probably to watch porn again, with the volume right up. He does this thinking it upsets me, but as long as he’s satisfying himself alone…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... Just a short one to set the scene... Don't worry, it will get better :P