‹ Prequel: Say It One More Time

I'll Never Be The Same Again

Chapter Four

-~- Rennie’s POV -~-

“Hey Frank!” I heard someone call out, just as the bus came into view.
“I knew it wouldn’t be long…” he sighed as he turned round to where the voice was coming from.
“Oh hey JC” he greeted a guy who was pretty much as small as him.
“What happened yesterday? There’s some shit crazy rumours going round,”
“Like what?” he asked,
“Well, have you seen the papers? They’re all talking about some crazy fan…” he trailed off as he looked at me, “That’s not Laura…”
I shot a small smile at him, having absolutely no idea who he was.
“No, this is Rennie, my girlfriend,” he introduced me, making me smile… After all these years, he still wants me… “Rennie, this is Johnny Christ, or JC he’s in a band called Avenged Sevenfold, you’ll like them,”
“Hey,” I smiled at him, giving him a little wave.
“I thought Laura was your girlfriend… God damn, I am so confused right now…” he really did look it.
“It’s a long story…” Frank said, trying to get this JC guy to stop asking, looking at me sympathetically.
“You can tell him Frankie, it’s gonna come out soon anyway…”
JC looked between us, still looking confused, bless him.
“Rennie was my high school girlfriend, she had moved to America from England to escape a bastard who… Took advantage of her… He managed to find us, took us both hostage, then took her away, this was five years ago, then yesterday she saw us on stage and came running, he still had her, but we got her away, and here she is.” He was grinning from ear to ear, that grin that I loved so much, as he spoke.
“Shit… That’s deep man…” JC said quietly, “Nice to meet you Rennie” he held out his hand to shake mine, laughing, I took it, feeling like some old business man; he seems quite nice.
“Anyway… I’ll leave you two to it… Hit us up if you need anything, and Rennie, catch us on stage tomorrow if you want,”
“Yeah I’ll try,” I smiled, I liked it here.
“So… See you later Frank, Rennie”
“See ya,”
JC wandered off leaving us to walk back to the bus in peace.

“Sorry about that…” Frankie said, slightly awkwardly, scratching the back of his head with his free hand.
“I’ve been expecting it… It’s not every day that a crazy fan jumps up on stage and snogs the guitarist without being tackled by security…”
He laughed as I eased his mood.
“Come on,” he opened the bus door and led me inside, “You realise that we’re probably gonna have to do a press conference about this..?”
“Yes I know, the fans need to know… Although… Maybe don’t go into full details…”
“Fuck no!” he agreed whilst rummaging in his bag, “I thought that we could watch this maybe? I’ll make us some lunch and we can go sit in the back?” he held up a DVD of Moulin Rouge!
“That’s one of my favourites!”
“I know, I have this and ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest’… I’d watch them sometimes, and pretend that you were next to me”
“Aww Frankie,” I hugged him again, I guess he needs my support just as much as I need his.
We pulled apart and Frankie walked into the kitchen area, pulling a pizza out of the little freezer they have and shoving it in the oven, literally.
“If it burns, I apologise in advance, my cooking skills aren’t up too much… I’m not usually allowed near the kitchen…” I laughed as he stared at the pizza through the oven door.
I sat down at the little table, just watching Frankie. I sighed happily, while he continuously watched the oven.
“Frankie, come and sit with me” I said, patting the seat next to me.
“But… I don’t wanna burn the pizza… You deserve nice pizza, not burnt pizza…” he pouted, not moving from his position.
“Fine, I’ll just sit on you then,” I smirked, walking over to him. I sat in his lap facing him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.
“Oh… Hello” he said huskily, looking me in the eyes before catching my lips in a kiss. It didn’t take long for me to respond and begin to kiss him back.
I felt his breathing become heavier as my tongue traced his lip. One of his hands trailed through my hair, whilst the other ran down my back. He let out a small growl from the back of his throat as we got more and more into it.
“Shit! The pizza!” he suddenly shouted, causing me to fall off his lap in shock. “Shit! Rennie!” he then shouted. I just laughed.
“Just sort the food out Frankie,” I said, noticing that he was torn between checking on me and the pizza. He ran to the oven, opening it to see that he had remembered just in time.
I stood up and walked over to where he was cutting it up. I’m not even gonna lie… I was slightly disappointed when he broke away… Although I’m not sure how I would’ve acted if we’d gotten too carried away… Would I hit him? Or just run away? Maybe I’d go along with it because ‘that’s what I should do’? I honestly don’t know…
“Mmm that looks good,” I said, resting my chin on his shoulder. I guess I’ll leave this debate of mine for another time.
“That would be because I am a master chef,” he replied, sounding very serious.
“I though you said you can’t cook,” I teased as he slid the pizza onto a plate.
“Well this would be better if you hadn’t have distracted me…”
“I didn’t hear you complaining… In fact, you sounded like you were quite enjoying it…”
“It’s not my fault you’re so fucking seductive,” he huffed.
“Ha! I’m not seductive,” I laughed as we got ourselves comfy on the sofa. I pressed play on the remote and helped myself to a slice of pizza.
I noticed Frankie staring at me, almost in shock?
“Sup?” I asked.
“You actually have no idea how sexy you are do you?”
“Yeah, I’m not sexy,”
“Oh but you really are,”
“Agree to disagree?”
“Fine…”
I took another bite of pizza as I watched Ewan McGregor singing on the screen. God it’s been too long since I last saw this.
“Frankie?”
“Yeah?”
“Do you guys ever talk to my mum?” I realised that I’d been so excited about being back with the guys and Frankie that I’d not stopped to think about my mum…
“Of course we do,” he smiled genuinely.
“How is she?”
“Well… She’s been better…”

“Hey guys! I’m calling a meeting!” Bob shouted, interrupting our conversation. Frankie groaned and rolled his eyes.
“Come on, we better go… Ewan will be waiting here for you when we’re done,” he said pausing the film.
I sighed as I stood up and walked through to the table where everyone else were already sat.

“Rennie,” Ally started, “the guys have had quite a lot of people asking them what’s going on… There’s also been a lot of rumours spreading online…”

I groaned loudly, “I know… And I know that your fans deserve to know what’s happened…”
“We spoke about it a bit earlier when we saw JC,” Frankie added.
“Ooh you met JC? What about the rest of his lot?” Iris asked, completely changing the tone around the table.
“No it was just JC, but yeah, he asked what was going on… So we decided that we need to do a press conference…” Frankie explained for me.

“Ok, so that’s decided then,” Gee acknowledged, looking around everyone.
“You know what we need to do?” Ally asked, looking at me and Iris, “We need to go shopping! Rennie has nothing with her!” They both looked at me with grins on their faces, “What do you say Frankie? Can we steal her from you for a few hours?”
“Sure, you girls need to catch up with each other,” he said to them, he had a look on his face that made me think that they were up to something…
“Awesome! Come on then! Let’s go!” Ally squealed happily.

“Hey, take this” Frankie said quietly, handing me a credit card, “I want you to spoil yourself, “ he smiled leaning in to give me a kiss.
“Are you sure?” I questioned him, it just seemed too generous”
“Take it, now go,” he laughed pushing me in the direction of the door.
“Don’t forget to be back here for 6, we’ve got to leave at half past,” Gee told us as we stepped off the bus.
“Of course darling,” Lynds smiled cutely at him, I guess they’re still together then.

“Right, let’s go… If we can even find our way out of this place…” I followed the girls as we eventually found our way to the exit.

-~- Frank’s POV -~-

As the door closed I let out a big groan, rubbing my face in my hands.
“What’s up?” Gee asked, coming to sit next to me.
“I don’t want to hurt her…” I mumbled, looking my entwined hands in my lap.
“Riiight… So… How would you hurt her? I’m confused…”
“Before you guys came in… I was cooking pizza, I sat in front of the oven to make sure it didn’t burn… Then she came and sat on my lap… Facing me… And I couldn’t resist her, I had to kiss her… If it wasn’t for the pizza in the oven, I honestly don’t know if I’d have been able to stop…”
Gee’s mouth forming an ‘o’ shape as he listened.
“She’s just so fucking gorgeous! I can’t help myself around her… And I’ve missed her so much… And… What if I go too far and scare her off?” I was having a full on rant at myself now, apparently so loud that Mikey had popped his head around the side of his bunk to look at me.
He jumped down and walked over to the table where we were sat, and took a seat opposite us.
“You need to talk to her.” He said with his famous poker face.
“I dunno…”
“He’s right, if I know Rennie, she’ll appreciate you talking to her… And you never know, maybe she might want to talk to you about it too?” Gee said, cutting me off.
“I suppose…”
“I tell you what, I’ll quiz Ally later, see if she says anything today,”
I rolled my eyes at Mikey, he’s such a gossip…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long, I've been so busy! :O But here is the next chapter! Yay!