Met you in Silver oak

Chapter 3

Next morning I woke up at 5. The sun was kind of peeping so he allowed me to check out my room. In Gretchen’s half I saw a guitar, few diaries, a study table with lots of textbooks and also many novels. On the little table beside her bed, I saw some coke cans, a guitar pick and a photo frame which had three figures in it.

I unpacked my stuff and looked at my schedule and tried to sleep again but I couldn’t. The anxiety was killing me.

My first day started off with crashing into this east-Asian tall and slim guy. OH gawd he was so cute! He smiled a sorry smile and left. My first class was Biology. I came in and asked a girl if I could sit next to her.

“Oh sure, your new?” she said. She had a really deep and husky voice, it was unexpected.
“Yep, Megan” I said raising my hand for a good old handshake.
“Rayanne here” she said taking my hand, smiling. The closed lip smile which immediately got me thinking if I made her uncomfortable. STOP thinking you stupid cow, I told myself.

Then she looked away and I saw that she had dark brown hair. She was wearing denim hot shorts and high heeled boots. Her top was more feminine in a shade of baby pink. It covered her arms. The teacher wasn’t here yet so I got the chance to even notice her manicured and designed nails which she would occasionally bite.

Another girl walks in. She’s wearing black jeans and a purple tank top with a scarf wrapping her neck. She had long thick hair which was made into a plait now. Her most striking feature were the eyes, green. Light-ish green. With those eyes she gave Rayanne a look which probably said I told you to save a seat for me. Rayanne shrugged. The green eyed girl caught me looking at her. She smiled a warm smile. I couldn’t help but smile back.

After some time I asked Rayanne “It’s been like 10 minutes, where’s the teacher?”
“Hmm. You don’t know, do you? She smiled “ We are literally having free periods cause teachers are freakishly late all the time these days” she continued after a pause “ So anybody and everybody’s coming whenever they want to”

I wanted to ask the reason. But the ‘anybody’ entered exactly after Rayanne finished. MOTHER OF LORD. The most handsome guy I’d ever seen was walking right in front of me. He even caught me staring at him. My mouth must be hanging open. God. It’s okay Megan you’ve dated guys before. You know how to handle them. But not an insanely hot guy like him, the other part of me screamed.

He was wearing a white full-sleeved top which was pulled up to his elbows. It allowed me to see his veins. It’s amazing how veins can look so attractive sometimes. With the white top he had loose jeans on.

I must be gawking so badly because I heard Rayanne say “He’s Daniel, one of school’s most popular boys” Did she just say one? I don’t think she said one. OHMYGOD she said one. Yay.

She was right because another guy entered. He was tan and had a wow body. Then he did that bro fist thingy with Daniel. Pfft the hot guys are always buddies. But nope it’s not like that with girls. He was wearing a blue basketball tank top with three-fourths. He grinned at me and Rayanne. That totally made me fall of my chair. Not literally. First day and a guy flashes me a smile or maybe it was just because a pretty girl like Rayanne was sitting beside me.

“What’s his name?” I asked Rayanne.
“Get lost, I’m totally crushing on him, he’s mine! She grinned.
“Okie-dokie” I smiled
“Lol, he’s Cole and Daniel’s already checking you out so seriously forget Cole!”
I froze at her words. Daniel (the cutest/’one’ of the cutest boy) was checking out me (A totally new sophomore) out? I looked back to check. He smiled and waved at me flirtily. Holy cow no, no, no, no, no The Almighty can’t be that generous. So I just looked away and felt extremely foolish. I turned back again and gave him my flirty smile. Which I’m sure looked like an idiotic childish grin. Bad flirting skills alert.

The period was over and the teacher never came. I turned around to catch a glimpse of Daniel and saw Rayanne’s friend coming towards us.
“What’s your friend’s name?” I asked Rayanne
“Huh? Oh she’s Noelle” she said “Hey Noel this is Megan, Megan Noel”

Three of us walked out of the classroom together. Noelle rested her palm on my shoulder and came near my ear to tell me a supposedly-secret. She whispered “Flirting is not your thing my friend” That made me want to laugh. Noelle was the real nicey type.

“Uh, I have French now, you guys? I said
“Spanish” said Rayanne
“Latin” said Noelle
“Kay bye” I said then I waved a final bye.