Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Take Care

"Are you sure you should go, Jordan?" Ellie asked a few days later as Jordan shuffled through the house. He was wearing sweatpants and a Nike Bauer pullover hoodie. "You're really sick."

"I have to go," Jordan sniffed, rubbing under his nose then letting out of a cough.

Jordan had gotten sick a few days earlier and hadn't been able to shake it. With the season getting tougher as the playoffs approached Jordan knew he had to work harder. Even though the playoffs didn't start until April, after Christmas Jordan stopped fooling around and started getting his mind set on the Cup. He would win the 2014 Stanley Cup. He would help his team make it back to back.

"Jordan, please." Ellie sighed. "Just stay home. I'll make you soup."

"I have to go," Jordan repeated. "I'm going to go take a shower, but can I still have that soup?"

"Yes," Ellie laughed.

Jordan nodded and walked back upstairs to the bathroom that adjoined onto their bedroom. He stripped his clothes off of his aching body and got in the shower. The warm water felt good on his sore body. He hated that feeling when you were sick and even wearing clothes hurt.

He didn't want to go to practice. He didn't want to do anything except for lay in bed and sleep all day, but it wasn't an option. He had to start playing tougher if he wanted to keep the Cup in Pittsburgh. He had to go to practice. Optional or not. Sick or healthy. He had to be there.

Ellie had begged Jordan to stay home and go to the doctors, but he wouldn't do it. He figured it would pass in a few days. Jordan got out of the shower and pulled on his workout clothes once more, sighing at the ache all over his body.

Jordan shuffled down the stairs and smiled appreciatively at Ellie when she handed him a bowl of soup. He sat down at the table and started eating the soup. The warm broth felt good on his aching throat.

"Sweetie, you really shouldn't go to practice today. You can barely keep your head out of your soup," Ellie replied, pushing his still wet hair off of his face.

"I know," Jordan sighed, rubbing his face. "I just don't think I can afford to miss this."

"It's one practice," Ellie replied. "You're too sick, Jordan."

Jordan nodded. "Okay, I'll stay home."

Ellie sighed with relief. She didn't want Jordan going to practice. She knew that he would just run himself into the ground if he did. Jordan sighed and shuffled to the couch, laying down.

"Do you want anything, doll?" Ellie asked, sitting on the couch next to him.

"For you to take me out back and shoot me," Jordan mumbled.

"Well I don't have a gun, for one. And two, I'm not going to do that. Who would get stuff off the top shelf for me?" She smiled, rubbing his back.

"If you won't end my miserable life, would you at least keep rubbing my back?" Jordan asked, softly.

"Sure, honey." Ellie laughed and did as Jordan had asked.

As bad as it made her seem, Ellie liked it when Jordan was sick. She didn't like the fact that he was sick, she just like how he acted. He was always so independent and didn't need her help for anything. Why would he need my help? So when he was sick, Ellie savoured it because very rarely did Jordan ask her to do something for her or beg to have her rub his back or lay with him simply because he needed her. Ellie knew he loved her, but sometimes it was nice to feel needed by him.

Ellie needed Jordan for a lot of things. She was independent, but she liked to be with Jordan and have him around. She had learned to deal with the fact that he wasn't always going to be around. Ever since they had started dating she had become more independent.

Ellie's back rub eventually put Jordan to sleep. He woke up what seemed like two minutes later, but was actually four hours later. He woke up feeling a bit better. His head wasn't as heavy and his body didn't ache as much, but he still wanted Ellie to take him out back and shoot him.

Jordan sighed and got up, shuffling around the house looking for Ellie. He walked up the stairs and saw a light on in their bedroom and heard her voice.

"Ellie?" He asked, walking into their bedroom. He followed her voice and saw her standing in their walk-in closet. Scratch that. She was dancing in their walk-in closet. Jordan smirked and leaned against the doorframe, watching her.

She screamed when she turned around and saw Jordan staring at her. She took her headphones off and threw her iPod to the floor, acting as if nothing happened.

"You're up," She stated, walking closer to him.

"If there is anything cuter than you dancing in our closet I never want you to show it to me," Jordan smiled. "That was adorable."

"Shut up," Ellie laughed as Jordan took her in his arms and pulled her close to him. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, her face in his chest.

"A little better," Jordan nodded. "Still don't feel the greatest though."

"Give it a few days," Ellie replied. "Go to bed early tonight."

"Yeah," Jordan nodded once more. "Will you make me more soup?"

"Yes," Ellie laughed, leading him down to their kitchen. "It's good that you're hungry."

Jordan helped her as she made soup and toast for them for dinner. Jordan smiled and kissed her forehead when she looked up at him.

"What?" She asked.

"I'm just lucky," He shrugged, shaking his head. "I can't wait to marry you."

Ellie grabbed his face and pulled him down to her.

"You'll get sick," Jordan laughed as she kissed him.

"I don't care," Ellie smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I guess I'll have to take care of you when you're sick," Jordan smiled, hands on her hips.

"I guess so," Ellie laughed, pressing her forehead to his.

After having their soup for dinner Jordan and Ellie went up to bed to watch movies in bed. Ellie fell asleep halfway through the first movie. Jordan smiled and kissed her forehead. He made sure she was tucked in before he turned off the movie before laying down behind her. He kissed the back of her neck, nestling down into bed and falling asleep himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was in a Jordan mood tonight. I was watching some Staal brothers videos and such and I just got into a Staal mood! I love when that happens.
I know that not a lot happens in this chapter. I just wanted to show the progression with Jordan and Ellie, how they've grown up and how they take care of one another.
I promise the next chapter will be out soon. This one was just kind of "fluff", but I enjoy it. I'll try and get the next one out today or tomorrow!