Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

The Fight

Jordan sat on the edge of their king-sized bed with his head in his hands. He sighed heavily and shook his head, partly in disappointment and partly to clear his head of all the thoughts running around.

"I cannot believe you, Ellie." Jordan mumbled, looking over at his distraught fiancé. "Do you have any idea what you've done?"

Ellie sat on the floor with her back against the wall, facing Jordan. She rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands, sniffling. She had been crying ever since Tess had stormed out of the party after Ellie told her that Sidney was cheating.

After Ellie had realized what she had done she called Jordan and told him that he had to come and get her immediately. She stood in the parking lot waiting for him and trying to dodge the dirty looks of the women who walked by her. She was now "The Girl Who Ruined Tess' Marriage".

Ellie didn't tell Jordan what had happened until they got home. The entire drive home from the community centre had been filled with Ellie sobbing while Jordan kept asking what was wrong. When they got home Ellie broke down and told Jordan what had happened. Jordan had been so angry with her, he had stormed upstairs where they had fought for an hour.

"Yes, I know!" Ellie sobbed, tugging at her hair. "I know what I've done, Jordan! I've ruined someone's marriage and possibly someone's life!"

"Well, good! I hope you fucking realize what you've done, Ellie, because this is huge. You can't take this back! You've destroyed Sidney and Tess' marriage! You've crushed Tess! If you were trying to hurt her and get back at her for sleeping with me you won, in a big way." Jordan glared, getting up off of the bed and walking to the bedroom door.

"I wasn't doing it to get back at her for having sex with you!" Ellie yelled, getting up off of the floor.

"Sure about that?" Jordan muttered before walking out of the bedroom and down the stairs. Ellie ran after him, storming down the stairs.

"Yes, I'm sure!" Ellie yelled, following him as he walked to the kitchen. Jordan opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"I asked you to stay out of it and you told me that you would," Jordan stated firmly. "You told me to my face, Ellie, that you would stay out of it. Then you go and you tell her? I had so much more faith in you."

"I made a mistake, Jordan!" Ellie sobbed. She knew what she did was wrong, she had regretted the words since they came out of her mouth.

"A mistake? A mistake is dropping a tray of cupcakes at her party. Telling her that her fiancé is cheating was not even a choice. You weren't supposed to make that mistake, Ellie!" Jordan yelled.

Ellie flinched at his raised voice. He was never really one to yell at her. Given he kind of had a reason to this time. Jordan sighed and realized how loudly he was yelling at her.

"I'm just disappointed in you, Ellie." Jordan sighed, putting his water bottle back on the counter. "I really thought that you would be able to keep this to yourself. What you did was really ignorant and just out of place. You had no right to do what you did."

"I know! I just couldn't control it. I know what I promised and I went back on that. I feel awful for it," Ellie replied, wiping her face once more. "But I couldn't stand by and watch this girl live her life in the dark and get married with this huge secret hanging over her. No matter what she's done to me in the past she didn't deserve that."

"You should have let Sidney handle it," Jordan sighed. "This wasn't your place to say. I know it was hard, Ellie. I thought about telling Tess, too, but it's not our place."

"Well I made it my place and now I feel awful," Ellie mumbled, pulling the sleeves of her shirt over his wrists. "I don't know what to do."

"You have to apologize," Jordan stated, walking over to her. "You need to call Tess and say that you're sorry. You also need to tell Sidney that you're sorry."

"No," Ellie replied, shaking her head. "I will not apologize to him. I will apologize to Tess for breaking the news to her and being inconsiderate. I will not, under any circumstances, apologize to Sidney. I have nothing to be sorry for when it comes to him."

....

Sidney Crosby had never hated Ellie Forester more in their entire friendship. He felt so betrayed by her. He hated her so much. He couldn't believe that she had the nerve to ruin his relationship like that.

During practice Jordan had gotten a distressed called from Ellie and he had to leave quickly. Thinking nothing of it Sidney continued practice. When he had gotten done practice his phone had started to ring and it was Tess telling him to come home immediately.

When he got home he saw Tess sitting at their kitchen table with all their wedding plans in front of her. He thought that maybe she just needed his help for something.

"Hi, honey." Sidney smiled, sitting down next to her. "Everything okay?"

"Who was she?" Tess asked, looking at him. "And don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about. Who is the girl that you cheated on me with?"

She didn't look angry with him. She looked more curious than anything. Sidney on the other hand was petrified. His heart was racing and he began to sweat.

"Who told you?" Sidney asked, his voice straining.

"Ellie did," Tess replied. "Now, please tell me who she was."

"I don't know who she was," Sidney sighed, sinking into his chair. "Her name was Brooke or something. She worked at a restaurant I went to while you were gone, well she worked at the bar."

"You slept with a barmaid?" Tess scoffed, shaking her head. "You have me and you slept with a barmaid?"

"I'm so sorry," Sidney stated softly. "I've wanted to tell you for the longest time and I just haven't been able to. It's been killing me keeping this secret."

"You were afraid of hurting me," Tess replied. "The thing is, Sid, that you would've hurt me no matter what. You keeping it from me or you telling me immediately. The fact that I had to hear it from Ellie hurt so much."

"I'm so sorry," Sidney mumbled, shaking his head. "I have no excuse for what happened. I did it and it happened and I'm sorry."

"Okay," Tess nodded.

"Why are you so calm about this? I've ruined our relationship," Sidney stated, looking over at her.

"Because I've ruined relationships before," Tess sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Sidney, I love you, but I can't marry you. This can't happen. You've changed me and I know that I can't marry someone who has cheated on me. I'm not Ellie."

"So the wedding is off?" Sidney croaked, his heart breaking. He couldn't believe he'd let one night ruin the rest of his life the way he had.

"The wedding is off," Tess nodded. "We don't have to tell anyone the real reason. That won't go well for your reputation. We can say that I got cold feet, if anyone asks."

"Tess, please don't do this. We can work this out," Sidney begged.

"I'm not one for therapy, Sidney. You know that," Tess smiled softly. "I'll stay here for a little while, but then I'm going to move out."

Sidney watched as Tess put her engagement ring on the table and then walked upstairs. Sidney sighed. He realized that he was mad at Ellie when he should've been mad at someone else. Ellie wouldn't know if it weren't for Jordan. He had asked Jordan not to say anything and of course he told Ellie.

Sidney had never hated Jordan more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates for this story and every story I write. I've had no inspiration at all for any of my stories. I think I'm good now. I'll try and update this story quicker.