Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Traitor Staal

"Ellie, wake up." Jordan whispered the next morning. He laid behind her in bed and rubbing her back. "You have to go to work, baby."

"I don't want to go in today," Ellie mumbled, her back still facing him. "I'm just so tired."

"Did you sleep at all last night?" Jordan gasped when she rolled over and he saw her. Her skin was pale and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Barely," She replied, rubbing her eyes. "I couldn't sleep. I was up all night thinking about what happened."

"Ellie, it happened. You have to just let it go," Jordan replied, pushing some hair off of her forehead. "It happened, it's over now we have to learn to move on from it."

"I ruined a marriage, Jordan." Ellie whispered.

"They weren't married yet," Jordan pointed out.

"Like that makes a difference!" Ellie yelled, throwing her hands up. "These people were going to be married and start a life together and-"

"Sid fucked it up!" Jordan yelled back, sitting up and then getting out of bed. "I am so sick and tired of seeing you mope around and sobbing over this. You told Tess that her fiancé had cheated on her. He obviously wasn't going to do it because he's a pussy. He couldn't own up to his mistake before he asked for help. All he did was ask for help and he asked the wrong person."

Ellie sat in bed staring at him. He was livid. She could see in his eyes that he wasn't happy, and she didn't know who he was unhappy with. Her or Sidney.

"Whether they get back together or not that has nothing to do with you," Jordan replied, running a hand through his hair. "You did what you did because you wanted to help her out, despite everything she put you through. It made you look like you had a hidden agenda, I won't lie, but you need to realize that this isn't your issue anymore. It's out of your hands."

"I can't do that," Ellie replied, shaking her head. "I can't just forget about it like that!"

"You really think that marriage was going to last, Ellie?" Jordan scoffed. "You seriously think that the marriage between Sidney Crosby and Tess Stewart was one that would last? He wants marriage and babies. He wants to settle down while she wants to keep being in her early twenties for the rest of her life. She won't have babies, she'll never settle down. That marriage was doomed from the start."

"I didn't do them any favours," Ellie sighed, crawling back under the covers.

"I want you to go to Lake Shebandowan," Jordan ordered, opening up their closet door.

"What?" Ellie asked, sitting upright once more. She watched him as he took a suitcase down from the top shelf and placed it on the ground.

"It's obvious that you can't handle it here right now, so I'm thinking you need to go somewhere else. Go up to the house on the lake and I'll come see you this weekend," Jordan replied before walking to the bathroom. He shut the bathroom door and ran the shower.

Ellie got up and followed him. She opened the door and ripped open the shower curtain.

"What do you mean I can't handle it here?" She asked, her hands on her hips.

"Ellie," Jordan sighed, running a hand over his face. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings that way, but I think you're kind of crumbling here. I think that you need to get away. You need to just go somewhere else and collect yourself again."

He was right. He was always right. Ellie nodded, agreeing. Ellie sighed and left him in the shower, walking back to their bedroom. She opened up their drawers and their closet packing the suitcase for about three or four days. Once she had packed she got changed and just put her hair up. She figured it was pointless to shower if she was going to be going to the lake in a few hours.

The shower stopped and Jordan emerged from the bathroom in a towel. He kissed the back of her neck once before walking into the closet and getting dressed.

"I think I'm going to do my day at work and then go up to the lake," Ellie replied.

"Baby, you should just go. Get a plane ticket and go," Jordan sighed. "I'll call my mom and get her to pick you up in the truck."

"I should at least try and finish the day," Ellie replied. "Then I'll go."

"Do what you have to do," Jordan caved, nodding. All he wanted was for her to better. He just wanted her to get out of the house, get out of Pittsburgh and collect herself. He had no idea he'd placed such a burden on her when he told her about Sidney and Tess. If he could go back he realized he wouldn't have told her simply to save her all this pain.

Jordan picked up her suitcase and carried it downstairs for her. They went to the kitchen and had something for breakfast in silence. There wasn't much Jordan could say to her anymore. He'd said everything he could think of to make her feel better and nothing helped. He was at his wits end with the situation.

After breakfast they went to the car and Jordan drove her to the bakery.

"Call me when you get your flight, okay?" Jordan asked, parking the car. "I can try to be here to take you to the airport."

"Okay," Ellie nodded. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Anything for you," Jordan smiled, putting a hand on her neck. "I just want you to get better. I'll be up to see you this weekend when I have it off."

Ellie nodded and leaned over the console to kiss him. Jordan smiled and kissed back.

"Try and have a good day at work," Jordan urged, kissing Ellie's forehead. Ellie nodded, vowing to try. She grabbed her suitcase from the back of the car and walked into the bakery.

"Going somewhere?" Her mother asked, pointing to the bag.

"Lake Shebandowan," Ellie replied softly, walking towards the back of the bakery.

"Are we going to talk about the other day?" Esther asked, leaning against the doorframe of the office.

"No," Ellie replied, shaking her head. "I'm not talking about it until I'm back."

Just as Esther was about to reply the door to the bakery opened, the bell ringing. Esther sighed and walked to the front of the store only to call Ellie's name.

"Hun, come here." She called. Ellie put on a brave face and walked out only to come face to face with the one person she hoped to never see again.

"Tess, hi." Ellie asked, feeling her body begin to shut down. She was sure her legs would give out beneath her. She was positive her breakfast would come up or that she would faint.

"Ellie, Esther." Tess smile brightly. Ellie couldn't believe how amazing Tess looked. Tess looked like she had been at the spa. Her skin was beautiful and clear, her makeup was flawless and her outfit was beautiful. Ellie looked at herself in the glass of the window and saw the mess she was. She was unsure why she had a fiancé that loved her at this point.

"Sorry to come in like this, ladies. I was just dropping off the cheque for the cupcakes," She smiled, holding out the piece of paper to Esther.

"I can't accept this," Esther stated. "Keep it."

"Are you sure? You went to all that trouble," Tess replied, still holding out the cheque. Ellie could feel herself shaking. Tess was so calm and collected, as if nothing happened.

"Tess?" Ellie croaked. "Can we go and talk, please?"

"Sure thing," Tess nodded. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Forester. For everything."

Ellie led Tess towards the back of the bakery.

"I am so sorry about what I did," Ellie stated softly, fighting the tears already. "I can't possibly forgive myself for what I did to you."

"Water under the bridge," Tess smiled, waving it off.

"Really?" Ellie asked, sighing with relief.

"Not at all," Tess glared, her expression changing immediately. It was then that Ellie could see the facade. Tess wasn't okay at all. Under the harsh fluorescent light everything came out.

"What?"

"I'm going to ruin your fucking life," Tess mumbled, angry tears brewing in her eyes. "I asked you to stay out of it and you didn't. You took away the only thing that mattered to me and now I'm going to destroy everything you love."

....

Jordan drove to the arena completely worried about Ellie. He knew she would be okay, but it didn't change much. He just wanted this whole thing to blow over. He didn't want this to be hanging over their heads anymore. It had only been a day since it happened and he was already sick of it.

He parked his car, got out of it and walked in with James Neal.

"Heard some bad shit went down with Sid and Tess the other night," James mumbled to Jordan as they walked to the dressing room.

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "I wonder if he'll show up."

The men each went to their own separate cubicles and got ready for practice. They walked out to the ice and saw their Captain already out there. He was shooting pucks with incredible strength and speed. Jordan was impressed. Sidney had been lacking ever since he had cheated and now he seemed back to his old hockey playing self.

"Sid," Jordan called, skating over to him.

"Stay away from me," Sidney spat, glaring at Jordan.

"I know you're mad at me," Jordan began, but was cut off by Sidney tossing his gloves off and grabbing his jersey.

"Mad? I could kill you," Sidney seethed. Jordan had never seen him so angry before. "You ruined the one thing I had that wasn't a career. I love that girl and you ruined that."

"Then you shouldn't have fucking told me your shit!" Jordan yelled, shoving Sidney off of him. "You're mad at me when you're the one who fucked around and then crawled to me begging me to help you."

"Because you fucked around on your girlfriend! I figured you'd know a thing or two about fixing that," Sidney glared.

Jordan tightened his jaw and clenched his fist, ready to hit Sidney.

Golden Boy, my fucking ass. I will destroy this fucking kid.

"Stop," Came Matt Cooke's voice firmly behind Jordan. Jordan felt Matt's hands on him jersey, pulling him away from Sidney as Pascal Dupuis took hold of Sid.

"You're fucking lucky, Crosby!" Jordan yelled as Matt shoved Jordan back towards the bench.

"Staalsy, go home." Coach Bylsma yelled from the bench after seeing the scene unfold. Jordan looked around and saw all his teammates watching what had happened. James looked at Jordan in total shock.

"Coach," Jordan sighed, drying to defend himself.

"Go," Dan ordered, pointing towards the dressing room.

"Fuck," Jordan mumbled, slamming his stick against the bench and walking back towards the dressing room. He pulled off all his gear and tossed on his street clothes again. He grabbed his phone and looked at the message from Ellie.

Tess came the bakery and threatened me. I had to get out. I'm heading to the airport now. I'll call you when I'm at the house. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the lack of updates for this story. I tried writing this at the end of July and had no inspiration or drive to write at all. It's been destroying me! So finally here is an update. Please let me know what you think of it!
Thank you to those who have messaged me sending kind words and inquiring about this story. It means a lot to me that you all like and care about this story so much!