Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Me and You- Just Us Two

Jordan laid in bed the next morning feeling completely rested, but he was filled with anxiety. He wanted to tell Ellie about the move to Carolina before she found out from someone else, but he knew that it would be hard and she would be angry.

This wasn't just some girl he was with. This was Ellie. This was his fiancé. This was them uprooting their entire lives in Pittsburgh and moving to Raleigh. What if she hated it? What if she couldn't get a job? What if she ended up resenting him for moving them just for hockey?

Jordan's mind was buzzing with questions and scenarios about moving. He knew that he should've confronted her first before agreeing to the trade, but it was all so under the table that he didn't want everyone to know and it would surface until the summer.

"Are you awake?" Came her voice and her body climbing on top of him. Jordan smiled and pulled her closer.

"No," He replied with a smile, his eyes closed.

"C'mon, Jordan," She smiled, kissing his cheek. "Wake up, have some breakfast, have a shower with your fiancé."

Jordan laughed and nodded. He sat up and pulled her with him before they got out of bed. Jordan shuffled behind her as they walked to the kitchen.

"Jordan, it's snowing." Ellie smiled, walking to the sliding doors that led to the deck. Jordan smiled and stood behind her, watching the snow fall.

Jordan could feel the words crawling up the back of his throat. There was no better time. They were at their house far away from Pittsburgh, all alone. If any time was the perfect time, it would be now.

"Ellie, I got traded to Carolina." Jordan sighed, letting the words fall out of his mouth. "This is my last season in Pittsburgh. After the playoffs I'm going to Raleigh."

Ellie turned around to face him. "Really?"

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that it was in the works or anything."

"When do we leave?" Ellie asked softly.

"Ellie, you would be moving your entire life for me and for hockey," Jordan stated. "I can't ask you to do that."

"You don't have to," Ellie replied, shaking her head. "I want to go, Jordan. I want to go to North Carolina with you. I'm done with Pittsburgh."

"What about your mom and the bakery?" Jordan asked, pulling her towards the island counter. He sat down and then pulled her between his legs.

"I can work in a bakery there, I can find other work and I can even try and open a bakery in Raleigh," Ellie shrugged, indifferent.

"What about your family?" Jordan asked. He couldn't believe he had not considered any of this before he had agreed to the trade.

"You're my family now," Ellie smiled, running her thumbs over his jawline. "Jordan, I am an adult and can make decisions for myself. If I want to go to Raleigh with you then I'm going to Raleigh with you. If I want to stay in Pittsburgh while you're in Raleigh then I'll do just that."

Jordan didn't believe her. He honestly believed that she was just doing this for him, but he wouldn't pry. If she was agreeing, he wouldn't fight it. Obviously there was something, maybe her love for him, that was making this decision for her. Whatever it was, Jordan thanked it and moved on.

Jordan smiled and hugged her tightly. He hugged her as tightly as his tired muscles would allow. Ellie hugged him back tightly, her arms squeezing into his midsection and her hands clinging to his shirt.

Ellie was ready to leave Pittsburgh. After everything that had happened with Sidney and Tess, she was beyond ready to move somewhere else and start new. Obviously it wouldn't be so easy, she couldn't escape Sidney easily and without hassle, but she could escape the city that adored him. She could go somewhere new with Jordan and start somewhere new.

"You can do whatever you want in Raleigh," Jordan said, resting his cheek on her head and staring outside. "If you want to open up another bakery, I want you to do it. If you want to go back to school and pursue something else, do it. I don't care what you do, I just want you to be happy."

Ellie nodded and gave him a grateful squeeze. She wasn't ready to talk about it. All she wanted was to go back to bed and lay with him in the silence. She didn't want words right now. Words complicated things and she wasn't ready to complicate something so simple right now.

They were moving.

Simple.

They were moving away for Jordan's job, leaving Ellie's behind. They were leaving the mess they made to go and be somewhere easy and safe with Jordan's brothers. They were starting over, and they were going to get married someday.

It was all so simple and easy for them right now, and Ellie wanted to keep that way. Just for a few moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know that not a lot happened in this one, but I hope that you all still enjoyed it. the next one will be better!
School is kicking my ass to and fro this semester, so that's why I haven't been updating a lot. Thank you all for sticking with me and I can't wait to hear your feedback.