Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Everything I Ask For

Jordan couldn't tell if his family was more excited about Jordan having the Cup for the day or if they were more excited for Jordan and Ellie finally getting engaged. The whole day Jordan's mother had the biggest smile on her face, and he was certain it was because of the engagement.

For his day with the Cup Jordan went on somewhat of the same route he did four years ago. He went around to the hospital and visited the children's ward, went to his elementary school, went to random spots from when he lived back in Ontario and went to visit his grandparents. Come dinnertime Jordan took the Cup back to his cottage and the Staal family had a barbecue. Just the Staals and Ellie soon-to-be-Staal.

"Engaged, I can't believe it." Lindsay smiled, looking at Ellie's ring for the fiftieth time that day. Tanya nodded, gawking at the ring for the fifty-first time that day.

"I actually never thought Jordan would get married," Tanya stated, adjusting Levi on her hip.

"Really? I thought he might," Lindsay replied. "I just thought he'd be the one who waited a long time to do it. I thought he might be closer to this thirties by the time he thought about getting married, but I guess with the right girl."

"Do you really think I'm the right girl?" Ellie asked, smiling down at her ring.

"Are you kidding? You're the girl," Lindsay smiled. "I'm pretty sure he was planning on asking you to marry him on your first date. He never shut up about you, even now."

"Am I better than-" Ellie began.

"Don't you bring her up," Tanya ordered. "She's gone, she's not even worth it. You two have moved passed that. She's not even a thought in his mind anymore."

"I hope not," Ellie sighed.

"She's not," Eric assured her, walking over to the girls and taking Levi from Tanya. "Trust me. He hasn't spoken a word about her in over a year. He's done with her, Ellie. He's all about you. He's so much about you that I would rather listen to girl talk than listen to stories about you any longer."

"Sorry for being awesome," Ellie mumbled, smirking at him.

Eric laughed and gave her a tiny, playful punch in the arm. Ellie laughed and pretended to be hurt. She looked over at Jordan, who was standing at the barbecue with his Dad, Marc, Jared and Lord Stanley. He gave her a look, a happy look. He smiled and winked at her. Ellie smiled and bit her bottom lip, looking at him from beneath her eyelashes. He still made her feel so beautiful and happy. She was learning to trust him again, she really was.

He motioned her over to him and she obliged. He took her in his arms and gave her a kiss.

"I love you, baby." Jordan mumbled as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you, too." Ellie smiled, her arms around his waist.

...

In a bed far away laid Tess Stewart. She laid completely naked beneath the sheets, holding the crisp, white sheets to her chest.

She stared at the bedroom, it was so organized and calm. It was nothing like Tess' bedroom. Tess was a complete slob. They were polar opposites, yet they somehow worked.

Yes, Tess Stewart had a man in her life. She was off the market. She was in love, or what she hoped was love. She had only had love one other time and it was very painful and she realized it at the last minute, when it became too late. Now she was in a loving, caring and fun relationship. Who knew they existed?

"Hun, come to bed." Tess called, staring at the ceiling. He had been on and off the phone for a few hours. They were going on vacation to his hometown in a few days and he was making sure everything was set in place.

He was a very successful person in Pittsburgh, but he was from another city. He had moved to Pittsburgh for his job and went home in summers when he could. He and Tess had been together for about a year. They had known each other for a while, but never thought anything of one another until they ended up at the engagement party of a mutual friend. Neither wanted to be there, so they stole a bottle of champagne and sat in a park nearby for hours.

Tess felt like she could really talk to him. She could be herself with him. She didn't have to pretend she was someone else and she didn't feel the need to daydream while she was with him. When they were together he had all her attention.

The word "love" scared Tess. The idea of it not being real scared her. How did you know if it was real or not? She knew that she felt more than lust for him and she liked him more and more everyday, but she didn't quite understand what it meant to be in love. Everyday he helped her figure it out more and more. He was perfect for her.

"The tickets are booked," He smiled, coming back into his bedroom.

"M'kay," She smiled and reached for him. "Bed."

He laughed and pulled off his shirt revealing his tanned skin and six-pack abs. Not only was this man good for her emotionally and mentally, this man was hot as hell. He was everything Tess could have ever asked for. He crawled into bed beside her and laid down.

"I'm so excited to go home and see my family," He smiled, his eyes closed. "It feels like it's been forever. Christmas was so long ago."

"Well, we'll be back with your family soon." Tess smiled, running her fingertips over his arms.

"I can't wait," He smiled, leaning forward and kissing her.

Tess held onto his face and kissed him a little harder. This man was becoming her world. He let her have her own space to do her own thing and then brought her nothing but love and support when he was with her.

"I love you, Tess." He smiled, taking her hips and pulling her extra close to him.

"I love you, too." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Babe," He stated after a few minutes of intense kissing.

"What? Do you not want to?" She asked, feeling rejected. He was the only man to ever tell her to slow down before.

"You know I do," He laughed, giving her backside a reassuring pat. "There's just something I want to talk to you about."

"Okay. What is it, honey?" Tess asked.

He reached into his bedside table and pulled a tiny velvet bag out of it. He handed it to her, placing it in the palm of her hand.

"What is this?" She asked, her heart racing.

"Open it," He smiled. He watched her as she unlaced the bag and poured it's contents into her hand.

"Holy shit," She gasped, holding up a pink diamond engagement ring.

"I know it's only been about a year, but this just feels right. It doesn't even have to happen in a year from now. It can be four years from now, it can be whenever you want. I just want to marry you," He explained, taking the ring from her and holding it between his thumb and forefinger. "So, Tess Stewart, will you let me try to make an honest woman out of you? Will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Who do you think Tess' man is? Do we really think she's changed? Has she evolved from who she was? What will she say to the proposal?
What about Jordan and Ellie? Do you think she fully trusts him like she says she does?