Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Oh, Mother.

The relaxation was over and it was time to get back to reality. Ellie had to go back to Pittsburgh to get back to work and to get to the doctor to have a pregnancy test.

"Home," Ellie sighed when they walked through the front door of their house. Jordan carried their bags inside the house and placed them near the stairs to take to their bedroom later.

"Jordan," She whined when she saw all the dishes in the sink.

"I was going to do that before you got home! Or before I left for Thunder Bay," Jordan replied.

"Sure you were," She replied, walking into the kitchen to start doing the dishes. Jordan intercepted her, holding onto her hips.

"No, you go upstairs and get ready for your appointment. I'll do this before we go," Jordan replied, sending her towards the stairs.

Ellie sighed, but didn't fight him. She was going to soak up every chance she had for being able to relax and have Jordan do the dishes.

She walked up the stairs to wash her face and change her clothes. As she changed her clothes she kept her shirt off for a bit, looking at her flat stomach. She wondered what she would look like pregnant, to have a little basketball attached to her. She wondered if she'd show a lot and gain a lot of weight, or if she'd be one of those (lucky) women who only showed in her belly.

She decided that since her doctor's appointment wasn't for about 40 minutes that she would give her mother a call. She picked up the landline and dialled her mother's cell phone.

"I'm sorry, is that my daughter calling me?" Came the familiar and soothing voice of her mother.

"Hi, Mama!" Ellie smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"How have you been, honey? I've missed you!"

"I've been good," Ellie nodded. "Thunder Bay was good to me, we're finally back. Jordan came and got me a few days ago. We had some time together alone away from Pittsburgh which we needed. But I actually have some news for you."

"You got married, didn't you?"

"No! We didn't get married up there," Ellie laughed. Why did everyone think that?

"Okay. Tell me,"

"There is a chance that I might be pregnant," Ellie stated. "Jordan and I are going to the doctor in about half an hour to be sure."

"Oh, Ellie." Her mother whispered, tears obviously falling.

"Are you happy?"

"Of course, honey! I'm ecstatic to be having a grand baby!" Esther replied. "You have to call me or text me the moment you find out for sure!"

"I will, Ma!" Ellie laughed. She hung up the phone with her mother and got ready again.

"Ready to go, babe?" Jordan asked, coming into their bedroom. He pulled off his t-shirt and put on a new one.

"Yeah," Ellie replied, putting her coat on. Jordan kissed her forehead and led her downstairs where they put on their shoes once more.

"Hi," Ellie greeted when she walked up to the front desk. "I have an appointment at 4. The name is under Forester, Ellie."

The receptionist put a clipboard on the desk and asked Ellie to fill it up. Ellie filled it out quickly as Jordan paced a little bit behind her. Ellie gave back the clipboard and went to sit down, tugging Jordan along by the sleeve of his shirt.

"You're so fidgety," Ellie stated. "What's up?"

"Just nervous," Jordan stated, rubbing his hands together. "I just want to be sure if you are pregnant or not, if the baby is okay, what we can do to make sure that you're healthy. There's just a lot going on right now. This could be our first baby, I just want everything to go smoothly."

"Jordan," Ellie smiled, playing with the hair at the back of his neck. "You're already is Daddy-mode."

"Am I going to have an mental breakdown?" Jordan sighed.

"For the next 18 years," Ellie teased. Jordan squeezed her thigh before kissing her forehead.

"Ellie Forester?" Came the voice of a petite red haired nurse.

"That's me," Ellie nodded, raising her hand slightly. She grabbed her purse and her fiancé and walked towards the nurse.

"I'm Colette and I'm going to be your nurse today," Colette smiled, leading them to a room.

Ellie hoped up on the examining table and looked at their nurse.

"Well, as you know I'm Ellie and this is my fiancé Jordan," Ellie smiled, introducing Jordan.

"So, you have a feeling that you're pregnant!" Colette smiled, sitting down in front of the examination table.

"Yeah," Ellie nodded.

"Have you taken a home pregnancy test?"

"Yes, and it was positive."

"Have you had anything to drink or smoke since finding out that you may be pregnant?"

"No," Ellie replied. "I've had a lot of cupcakes, but none of that."

"Good," Colette laughed lightly. "So can we talk about your family history a little bit?"

"No one in my family has a history of diabetes, or a history of heart problems. My grandmother had cancer, but survived and my father suffered from depression," Ellie replied.

"Looking at your age and family history, it seems that your pregnancy should be generally risk free, but we can talk about all the risks and the steps you should take for a healthy pregnancy when we find out if you're really pregnant or not!"

Ellie nodded and rolled up her shirt for the taking of the blood.

"You might feel a little bit of a pinch, but this will mostly be uncomfortable," Colette stated, prepping the needle.

Jordan watched with a wince. He hated watching blood being taken, especially from his fiancé.

"I'll be back in a few moments," Colette smiled, leaving the room with a vial of her blood.

"So gross," Ellie mumbled, holding a cotton ball to the place where her blood was taken.

"Yeah, I hate that," Jordan mumbled, rubbing her knee.

After what seemed like twenty minutes Colette came back into the room with a smile on her face.

"Well, Miss. Forester, it seems that you are pregnant. Maybe about six weeks along," Colette smiled.

"I'm going to throw up," Jordan mumbled, exhaling deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
I checked through this entire series for Ellie's medical history, but couldn't find it. I hope this is correct!
So do we think Jordan is excited that Ellie is pregnant? What kind of parent do you think he'll be? What about the wedding?