Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Gentle Giant

"I don't know what to do, man." Jordan stated to Eric over the phone. Jordan and Ellie had gotten back from the doctor's and were both completely overwhelmed.

Jordan had, thankfully, not thrown up, but he had felt a little panicky. How was he going to deal with a move to Carolina, a wedding, and a baby? He was also concerned with how Ellie would deal with this. It was all too much to handle at the moment. It wasn't that he didn't want a baby or that he wasn't excited about it, he just had a lot of nerves about it. He wasn't that old, and he definitely wasn't like Eric.

"I think this is great, Jordy." Eric stated. "I think you two are more ready than you think."

"It's not about the money, or any of that. I know that we have the money to support a baby. Hell, we have money to support several babies. It's just-" Jordan sighed, getting ready to admit something to his eldest brother. "What if I'm not as good a dad as you are? What if I screw this kid up?"

"Jordan, every parent thinks that," Eric replied. "I'm sure dad thought it about all four of us, that he'd screw at least one of us up."

"I guess I'm just scared," Jordan asked, running his hand through his hair. "I don't want Ellie and I to change."

"You're going to change," Eric stated. "But that's what you have to learn. You have to learn to be different with each other, you have to learn to not just be partners, but parents."

"I am pretty excited about it though," Jordan stated, smiling softly as Ellie walked into the bedroom. "But I gotta go and let Ellie call her mom before she has a freak out. Later."

"Who was that?" Ellie asked, sitting on his lap.

"Eric," Jordan replied, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Told him about the baby."

"Is he excited to finally be able to play the role of uncle?" Ellie smiled, turning so she could see him. He looked happy, there was no doubt about that, but there was definitely a flicker of nervousness in his eyes.

"He is," Jordan nodded, but didn't look at her. He was still nervous, the news of his life changing was still so new.

"Jordan," Ellie smiled, running her hands through his hair. "We're going to be just fine."

"I hope you're right," Jordan sighed, resting his head on her shoulder. "I'm really nervous."

"I can tell," Ellie nodded.

"I don't want to hurt it," Jordan stated, rubbing her belly. "I don't want to screw this kid up, and I don't want to be bad father."

"You couldn't be a bad father," Ellie smiled. "And you couldn't hurt the baby. You're a gentle giant."

"It's just a lot to take in, you know?" Jordan replied, laying on his back and pulling Ellie down with him. "The baby, the wedding and moving to Carolina. I'm not sure how we're going to do it all."

"All we have to worry about right now is the baby," Ellie replied with a smile, placing her index fingertip in the dimple on his chin. "We can get Eric to help us all this this Carolina stuff. "

"I will worry about Carolina," Jordan replied. "For the next few months you just worry about you and Baby Staal."

"I'm going to get so fat," She smiled, straddling his hips. "Fat and hormonal."

"I'm so excited," Jordan smiled, holding onto her hips. "I'm excited to see you get all rounded out and chesty."

"My boobs are going to get huge," Ellie laughed.

"I can't wait," Jordan smirked, grabbing her chest. "I think pregnancy will suit you."

"Yeah, while I'm pregnant with your enormous baby," Ellie replied, laying down beside him.

"Maybe the baby will be tiny like you," Jordan laughed.

"Doubt it!" Ellie laughed as Jordan rubbed her flat tummy.

Ellie snuggled into his side, making sure he was close to her. Jordan rubbed her back, keeping her tight against him.

"What about your mom?" Jordan asked, kissing her forehead.

"Shh," Ellie smiled, snuggling into him. "I'll call her later. I want to have a nap with my baby daddy."

"Okay," Jordan laughed, grabbing the blanket at the bottom of the bed and covering them both up. He reached underneath the blanket and rubbed her belly, lulling her to sleep.

Jordan couldn't sleep, he was too worried. The idea of being a father was exciting and something that he had always wanted, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared. The idea of his child feeling neglected because of his job, or feeling like Jordan didn't love it. It terrified him.

He was also scared that he and Ellie would fall apart. They had fought so hard to keep their relationship going he didn't want to have this baby be their breaking point, but he also hoped it wouldn't be the only thing that would keep them together in a few years. He wanted them to always feel like they did now. He wanted this, what they had, forever.

Jordan slowly got up out of bed, careful not to wake Ellie, and walked towards their office. He sat down at the computer and went to Google, his first mistake. He began a frantic search for anything and everything babies on Google.

Things that can go wrong in pregnancy

What do I need for my baby

How to take care of pregnant wife

Stress on pregnant women

Should my pregnant wife move?

Diet for pregnant women

How to be a good father

Jordan had been saving websites and writing down tips for hours and was startled when Ellie came into the room.

"Jordan, come have something to eat and then come to bed," She stated softly, wrapping her arms around his neck. "It's 9:30, you've been in here for hours. What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Jordan replied, shaking his head softly. "Just doing some research."

Ellie didn't press and didn't ask any questions. She simply nodded and took his hand, leading him down to the kitchen. She heated up something and gave it to him. She sat beside him at the kitchen counter while he ate, both of them saying nothing. It had been a long and emotional day they had experienced together, no words were needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please let me know what you think.

P.S Does anyone know how to make layouts for this thing? I'm sick of looking at this disgusting default one. I want pretty colours!