Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Fall to Pieces

"Tess? It's Tess? What do you mean? Why is she calling you?" Ellie asked, shooting questions at Jordan as well as daggers at his phone. She should've made him leave it downstairs. No phones in the bedroom. That should be the rule.

Ellie sat up as Jordan got off the bed. He listened intently to the voice on the other end of the phone, but kept his eyes on his fiancé who was clearly upset.

Ellie tried to grab at his phone, but he was too tall. She swatted at his forearm to try and get his attention.

"Ellie, stop," Jordan scolded softly, placing his hand gently on her collarbone and guiding her back into a laying down position. Jordan left the room and closed the door behind him.

Ellie sat back up on the bed, in complete shock. Tears lined her eyes. She felt betrayed by Jordan. Ellie thought they had seen the last of Tess after she had left Sidney. Now Tess was back, the girl that Ellie could never be.

She got up off of the bed and put one of Jordan's Penguins Hockey workout shirts, basically covering her entire body with it. Ellie didn't know whether she should be angry, calm or severely upset. Ellie thought that the pregnancy would push the thoughts of Tess out of Jordan's head .Ellie had naively thought that Jordan would stop saving Tess now that he had a baby on the way.

Instead of sitting and waiting for Jordan to come back to the room where she would inevitably start a fight, Ellie left the bedroom. She saw Jordan leaning against the hallway wall, a hand covering his face while the other held his phone to his ear.

"Tess, I don't know what you want me to do here. I have a pregnant fiancé of my own to take care of. We both need to grow up now," Jordan stated.

Ellie leaned against the doorframe and watched him. He had no idea that she was standing there.

"You do have me!" Jordan mumbled angrily. "But Ellie is my fiancé. She is who I'm with and who I'll continue to be with. She comes first for me, not you. I know that's harsh, but that's how it is, Tess."

"Yeah, Ellie fucking blabbed about Sid being a cheating prick, but you're the one who left him," Jordan replied.

"Sid's a fucking coward for not telling you, and I get that! But he took care of Ellie when I fucked up and he helped me get her back. That was mine and Sid's relationship because he knows how much I love her!" Jordan was yelling now. He still hadn't noticed Ellie standing there, he was far too angry to see anything other than the wall in front of him he desperately wanted to punch.

"What I'm saying is that I don't think you love him as much as you think you do. You don't love Sid the way I love Ellie. I won't pick up your pieces anymore, Tess. Talk to your fiancé, not me." With that Jordan hung up his phone and ran his hands through his unruly hair.

"Jordan," Ellie called softly to him, no longer angry that he had left her in the room to talk to Tess.

"I'm sorry about that," Jordan stated, turning and looking at her. "That was really shitty of me to do, but Tess is back in town and things keep getting more and more fucked up and she just keeps calling me expecting me to save her from it all."

"You don't have to, Jordan. You have no obligations to her," Ellie reassured him. "Not anymore."

"My only obligations are to you and this one," Jordan stated, walking towards her and putting a hand on her belly. "Just you two. I'm going to call the realtor in Raleigh and I'm going to find us the perfect house. You tell me everything you want and I'll get it for us."

"Jordan," Ellie sighed, a small smile on her face. She reached for his hands and held them to her chest. "You don't need to do things like that. We will figure this whole thing out."

"Let me get you out of here," Jordan stated. "You and our baby. I want you two out of this place and somewhere close to family. No one but you and my family know about the trade to Carolina. We can just slip out one day when the season's over before they even make the announcement."

"It's not witness protection, Jordan,"

"Isn't it?" Jordan scoffed. "Everywhere we go she is there. You can't have a peaceful fucking pregnancy because of her. I will not let her stress you out with her presence and have something happen to the baby."

"Nothing's going to happen to the baby!" Ellie assured him. "I swear the baby is fine!"

"Ellie, please," Jordan begged, kneeling on the ground in front of her and kissing her belly. "Just let me get us out of here. No more Sid and Tess drama. We will just get through the rest of the season and then we're out of here."

"Okay," Ellie nodded, smiling softly as she put her hands on his shoulders.

Jordan stood up and lifted Ellie up, carrying her back to their bedroom. He laid her on the bed and laid behind her, his hand protectively on her belly.

"Jordan, why did Tess call you in the first place?" Ellie asked, nestling back against him with her eyes closed. The pregnancy was making her so tired, and if she wasn't tired then she was throwing up. Ellie cursed the first trimester.

"Uhm," Jordan stuttered, his body tensing at her question. He didn't want to tell her and upset her, but he knew that not telling her would only upset her more.

"Is everything okay?" Ellie asked. "She's not hurt or anything, right?"

"No, no. She's fine. She's not hurt," Jordan replied, shaking his head.

"Then what's up?"

"Tess came back because she's pregnant," Jordan answered, holding his breath as he waited for her reaction.

"I can't breathe, Jordan." Ellie stammered, sitting up in bed.

"Babe, it's okay!" Jordan assured her, sitting up with her in bed and rubbing her back softly. "You know it's not mine, right?"

"Yes!"

"Just making sure!" Jordan replied before getting up off of the bed and grabbing a glass of water from the bathroom. Jordan handed her the glass and urged her to drink it, reminding her to breathe.

"Why did she call you?" Ellie asked once she calmed down a little bit. "She came back and she went to Sid, didn't she? Why isn't she asking for his help?"

"She doesn't know what to do," Jordan sighed. "She called me because she wanted to go out and talk about what to do. I told her no, that it wasn't my place. It's not my baby, it's Sid's. I won't make that decision. It's fucked up that she called me, especially about this."

Ellie wasn't sure if it was the hormones or if the news of Tess' pregnancy truly shook her to the core, but she broke down. Ellie broke down crying, resting her head against Jordan's chest.

"Why are you crying, baby?" Jordan asked, rubbing her back.

"That baby," Ellie replied, through a sniffle. "And Sid. This is all he wanted and she won't even include him in it. I don't want to judge what she does, and as much as I hate to admit it she and Sid are good together. He deserves a second chance. Regardless of how scummy he's been."

"You gave this scumbag a second chance," Jordan smiled softly, weakly even.

"What do we do?" Ellie asked, lifting her head up and looking at Jordan's sad eyes. She knew he was sad he couldn't help Tess, but he made the conscience decision to leave her behind. Ellie knew it was hard to leave behind someone who had such a pivotal role in your life, but Jordan had to do it.

"We do nothing," Jordan replied. "We let them sort it out and we sort out ourselves. We get a house in Raleigh, we make a baby plan and we just keep going until we're out of here and free from whatever this is."

Ellie nodded and leaned her back against the headboard of the bed. Jordan rested his head in her lap, rubbing the bare skin of her thigh. Jordan gave his nose a small wiggle as if to deter himself from crying just a little.

As Jordan fell into a brief sleep he thought of the baby; his and Sid's. He thought of his baby with Ellie and the life he would give that child. He wondered if Sid would get the chance to give his own baby that life. Jordan didn't want to see any man live without his own child. Jordan thought maybe it was his fatherly instincts coming out, or if he really wasn't mad at Sid or Tess anymore. Maybe he just wanted everyone to be happy again and have things go back to the way they were.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry about the lack of updates! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! The next one will have more in it, I promise. I just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten about you!

I liked this chapter because it showed Jordan's vulnerability. I feel like a lot of the time he's very strong especially when it comes to dealing with Tess, but there is only so much a person can take before the break. I like to think it showed his strength in a different way.

Please let me know what you think! Thank you for your support xoxo