Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

An Understanding

Her words echoed through the house, bouncing off the walls and back into Jordan's ears. He looked at her and registered what she said. He couldn't believe what he was hearing and there was only one emotion he felt.

Relief, but he had to be sure it was real.

"What?" Jordan asked, looking at his fiancé.

"I can't get married," She sighed. "Right now! I can't get married right now or within a year."

"Thank God," He sighed with relief, getting up off of the couch. He walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"What's happening?" Ellie asked, hesitant to hug back.

"I can't get married right now either," Jordan sighed happily, still holding her.

"I thought you did want to?" Ellie asked, looking up at him.

"I thought so, too." Jordan replied, pulling out of the hug for a moment. "Then you started talking about places to get married, dresses and flowers. I just got overwhelmed and I realized that I can't get married right now. It's not that I don't want to, I'm just not ready for it to be right now. I thought we were ready to be married, but I can't right now. It's too much."

"I love you," Ellie sighed happily, throwing her arms around his neck. She was terrified that he would be angry with her for saying she wasn't ready. She was so relieved that he was feeling the same way.

"I love you, too." Jordan smiled, holding her tightly.

"Can we just stick to being engaged for a while?" Ellie asked.

"I would love that," Jordan nodded. "We can figure this whole wedding thing out in a few years. I'm happy with us just being together and have a potential of marriage."

"I'm okay with that, too." Ellie replied. "I'll just tell my mom not to make that cake."

"I mean, she could make it." Jordan smiled. "I'd still eat it."

"I know you would," Ellie laughed, pressing her forehead to his.

Jordan carried her back to the couch and laid them down. Ellie laid on top of Jordan, her head on his chest.

"What made you realize you weren't ready?" Jordan asked, running his fingers through her hair.

"When I had a panic attack when I was trying on a dress," Ellie replied.

"Are you all right?" Jordan asked quickly.

"I'm fine, now!" Ellie replied. "It just made me realize that I wasn't ready for this. It's too soon."

"I should have listened to you and stopped bugging you when you said that you weren't ready," Jordan sighed. "I should've just let it go when we got back together and you said you couldn't marry me right now. It's only been a year and a half, I don't know why I'm so rushed."

"Because your brothers," Ellie replied. "Both Eric and Marc got married before they were even 25. You probably have some weird subconscious feeling about competing with them about everything. Even this."

"Maybe," Jordan stated, twisting her engagement ring around her finger.

"I'm so happy you feel the same, Jordan." Ellie sighed happily.

"I am, too." Jordan smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Can we make a rule that we tell each other everything? Even if it might hurt the person. Can we promise each other that we will tell each other everything so we can work on this relationship," Ellie stated. "This whole marriage thing is obviously a sign that we're not ready to be married and we need to work on our relationship and communication more."

"I couldn't agree more," Jordan agreed.

"I got really sweaty when I was having my panic attack. Do you want to come and have a shower with me?" Ellie asked, sitting up and straddling his waist.

"If I ever say 'no' to that question I want you shoot me," Jordan smiled. "Or hit me the car."

"Deal," Ellie laughed, squealing when he lifted her up and carried her towards their bathroom.

....

In a much bigger house a few streets away Tess Stewart was planning her wedding to Sidney Crosby.

"What do you think about next July?" Tess asked, looking at the calendar next to the fridge.

"For the wedding?" Sidney asked, beginning to make dinner.

"Yeah! I was thinking mid-late July, a few weeks before your birthday." Tess stated. "We could do it back in Cole Harbour."

"You would do that?" Sidney asked. "All your family is Kansas."

"Cole Harbour means more to you than Kansas does to me," Tess laughed, walking over to him. "I'd rather go and get married in the place that means something to you."

"Thank you," Sidney sighed happily, hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much."

This whole wedding business was something Tess didn't think she'd be good at, but she was. She loved planning her wedding. It was fun for her. It gave her a sense of calm and security, just like Sidney did.

"So July in Cole Harbour?" Tess smiled when they pulled apart.

"July in Cole Harbour," Sidney beamed, nodding.

"I'll call your mother tonight and get her to help," Tess nodded. Tess had struck up quite a bond with Trina Crosby. Since she wasn't very close with her own mother she took upon herself to make sure she and Trina Crosby were close. Trina was like the mother Tess had, except with actual mothering qualities. Nurturing, loving, a good listener. You know, the good stuff.

"Good," Sidney smiled, giving his fiancé a kiss. He loved that his family got along with Tess so well. It was so nice knowing that when he went home to visit his family there would't be anything awkward with his fiancé and his family. They treated her like she was already a Crosby.

They were both so happy and couldn't wait to start their lives together. Tess hadn't been this happy, ever. She smiled and kissed him once more before skipping upstairs to their bedroom. This was a life she never thought she'd have and she had no intentions of screwing it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next chapter of the Jordan story! I hope you all liked it, please let me know! Thank you for the feedback already! I appreciate it.