Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

Christmas Cheer

Jordan and Ellie spent a few more days in Pittsburgh for Christmas with her family before boarding an early morning plane on Christmas Eve to go to Thunder Bay. They arrived around noon and Henry picked them up from the airport, driving them to Jordan's house.

"Thanks for shovelling the driveway for me, Dad." Jordan stated as they pulled up to the driveway.

"No, problem." Henry nodded. "So we'll see you all later tonight at Eric's?"

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "We're just going to take a shower and a nap then we'll be over."

Henry nodded and helped them get their things out of the back of the car. He gave Jordan and Ellie each a hug and then got back in the car. Jordan carried their bags up to the front door and let them in.

"Home," Jordan sighed, tossing their bags off to the side.

"Do you want to go and shower?" Jordan asked, looking down at Ellie. "We didn't get to last night."

"I would love to," Ellie sighed happily. "That hotel was gross."

Jordan laughed and nodded. They got in the shower together and Jordan held onto Ellie tightly. Jordan was so happy to be in the shower underneath the warm water. He felt so cold and dirty.

"Jordan, are you all right?" Ellie asked, rubbing his biceps. "You've been quiet for the last few days. Are you sick?"

"No, no. I'm fine, babe." Jordan replied shaking his head. "I've just got a lot on my mind right now."

"Like what?" Ellie asked, looking up at him.

"I can't really say," Jordan sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "That's the worst part."

"What do you mean you can't say?"

"I'm thinking about something that someone told me and it's really hard because they asked me not to say anything," Jordan sighed, finally looking back down at her. "It's huge and I really need to tell you because I need your help with it, but I was asked not to tell you."

"Please, tell me." Ellie stated, touching his face. "I won't tell anyone. You can trust me."

"I can't, Ellie." Jordan sighed with a shake of his head. "I'm sorry. I made a promise."

"Okay," Ellie nodded. "I understand. Just know that I'm here if and when you do want to talk about it."

Jordan nodded and kissed her forehead. He wanted to tell Ellie about Sid and Tess so badly, but he couldn't. He wouldn't betray Sidney like that, but he wanted Ellie's help. He didn't know how to process this and what to do. Sidney had wanted his help, but Jordan had no idea what to do.

They got out of the shower and laid down in bed. Jordan couldn't sleep, Sidney's secret eating at him. He sighed and got up out of the bed and walked to the kitchen for some water. He leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Jordan?" Ellie asked, shuffling out of he bedroom. "Couldn't you sleep?"

"I have to tell you this," Jordan sighed. He couldn't keep it in any longer. He needed Ellie to help him, she would know what to do.

"Okay," Ellie nodded.

"When I was at the Pens party the other night Sidney was really off," Jordan started, feeling awful the the was telling Ellie, but knew he couldn't go on if he didn't. "He was just fidgety and kept looking around, kind of keeping his distance from Tess. Just as I was about to leave he told me that he had to tell me something. I guess a few months ago while she was doing some stuff in Kansas he cheated on her."

Ellie's heart stopped. "Sid cheated on Tess?"

"Yeah," Jordan sighed. "And he wants me to help him with all this and I don't know how."

"Help him how exactly?" Ellie asked.

"That's the thing, I don't know. He told me to come up with an idea to help him," Jordan sighed.

"He's not even going to try? At least you and Max thought of your idea for you and I together!" Ellie replied.

Jordan flinched. He didn't like being reminded of his little 'slip'. He had moved passed it and would like it to stay in the past. He knew that's why Sidney was asking for his help, but he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to mess with someone else's life especially when someone else's life involved Tess as their fiancé.

"How dare he!" Ellie glared. "Tess is a poisonous snake who, at one point, would do anything to make sure people suffered if it meant getting what she wants. I dislike that woman, but even she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment."

Jordan couldn't believe what he had just heard. Was Ellie actually on Tess' side? He never though he'd see the day.

"Jordan, I love you, but you are not helping Sidney out of this. He made his bed and now he can lay in it," Ellie stated and stormed back to the bedroom.

Jordan couldn't believe that Ellie had just defended Tess. She was actually on Tess' side after everything Tess had put her through. Jordan wondered what would happen now.

....

Sidney sat in the dining room of his childhood home. His mother and Tess were in the living room chatting happily about the wedding in seven months. They were talking about the flowers and possibly going and looking for venues after Christmas.

Sidney sighed and tugged at his hair. His secret was killing him more and more ever single day. He loved Tess, adored her. He didn't know why he cheated, but it happened. He wanted to tell her, he knew that he had to, but he just didn't want to lose her. Tess was perfect for him, despite what people thought of her.

She supported him no matter what, she was his biggest fan. She was always there for him whenever he needed her. She was perfect for him and he hated himself for doing something like that to her.

He had asked Jordan to help him simply because Jordan had gone through something similar with Ellie and he was hoping that Jordan would help him figure out what to do. That didn't work out the way he had wanted. He knew it was a large favour to call in, but he didn't know who else to turn to.

One thing Sidney knew for sure was that he couldn't get married with this secret looming over him. He just couldn't do it. He had to tell Tess, he just didn't know how.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jordan Staal is going to the Carolina Hurricanes. I'm a little shocked, but if he were to go anywhere I'm glad it's to Carolina. I won't lie and say that I'm not heartbroken over this. How are you all feeling about the trade?
After I told my boyfriend about Jordan being traded he said, "How will this effect your fan-fic?" DON'T FRET. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK. With that this story might take a bit of turn what with the teams, even though this is placed in 2013/2014. I'll make it work, besides it's fiction anyways!

Let me know what you think! I love and appreciate all your feedback thus far!