Everyday Combat

29 [Twenty-Nine]

Sarah

Making my way back to where Zack was sat on the beach, I licked my strawberry ice cream in contempt. Nothing better than sitting on the beach, in the lovely Californian sun with your boyfriend.

I reached him and sat down next to him, smiling cutely at him as I took another lick of the cold treat in my hands. I looked at him and offered him some. He smiled and shook his head. My eyebrow rose.

"Oh really? You don't want some? Why not?" I asked with a sly grin.

He smiled and shrugged. I sighed and kept taunting him with it. He glared at me, moving hit lit cigarette to his mouth and inhaling it, before letting it flow out of his mouth in front of him. I wasn't too bothered about it anymore to be honest, sure he smelt of smoke but it made him look friggin sexy whilst doing it.

I smirked and pushed the cone at his face. His eyes widened as he jerked his head to the side, but it was too late. He now had a lovely blob of ice cream on his nose. He went cross-eyed trying to look at it, and I burst out laughing. He looked so fucking cute.

"You should have had some," I said, laughing as I resumed eating it, giggles still coming from me every now and then. He glared at me once again and wiped it off his nose.

"I'll get you back for that," He mumbled, looking back out to sea and putting the cancer stick to his mouth again. I bit my lip as I watched him. God damn his sexy smirk and cigarette smoking-ness.

I swallowed the last of the cone, and shuffled closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder. He looked at me and grinned slightly, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing my hair softly.

He'd finished his smoke and had stubbed it out now, paying slightly more attention to me, but he still seemed distracted.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked him softly, looking up at me. He turned his pretty eyes towards me and sighed shrugging before reaching into his pocket and grabbing another cigarette.

"Ok yes there is Zack, as that's your third smoke since we've been on the beach. And we've only been here two hours. Now tell me what's wrong," I demanded, moving round to his front and straddling his lap. He bit his lip as he looked up at me, his right hand on my bare thigh, rubbing it softly.

"I'm just, annoyed, and upset at Faith," He mumbled softly. I frowned. "Why?" I asked him gently.

"Because she's not going to prom," He said. I sighed. "She's gonna have to stay at home alone whilst we go out and have fun and it's going to be awful and shit. I'm annoyed because she could have at least attempted to come with us, but I'm upset because I feel bad for some reason," He said quietly.

I nodded.

"Yeah if you weren't with me you could take your sister," I said, smiling softly. He nodded. "Yeah, but I can't not take you. I mean, what kinda fucking boyfriend would I be? A pretty lousy one," I laughed and shook my head.

"No you wouldn't you'd be a caring brother" I smiled. He shook his head.

"But stop worrying ok? It's her decision, and for the love of god stop smoking so many freaking cigarettes. I love you too much to let you die before you're 18," I scowled at him.

He smiled softly.

"Sorry," He mumbled. We were quiet for a moment before he looked up at me.

"This might sound a bit strange, and I'm not pressuring you or anything. But, do you wanna try it?" He asked softly. I frowned at him, instant resent for the orange and white stick in his hands flowing through my veins.

I shook my head quickly.

He smiled. "Ok, I just wanted to know. I'd rather it be me ask you if you want to try it. I know you wouldn't do it anyway, but I'd want to be there to stop you. Trying it is ok, getting addicted like stupid here isn't," He smiled sadly. I frowned at him.

"Oh baby, it's ok, everyone has habits," He sighed and shook his head.

"Yeah but my habit could lead to problems and is going to shorten my life, I know it," He mumbled. I lifted his head up gently. "Shush, it's a habit, I don't mind it. You look sexier with it to be honest, not a good thing I know. But still. I love you, cigarettes or none," He smiled.

"Well at least one of us had the courage to say no huh?" He said, a chuckle on his lips as he threw the stub away from him. I grinned and leant forward, kissing him gently, the setting sun beating down on my back from behind and warming us both.

"You know, we should really get home now," He mumbled against my lips. I smirked.

"I don't fancy going home just yet," I said, kissing him again. "Your mom will kill us," He said.

I chuckled and shrugged.

"So? You're sleeping over again, I'm safe with you, and I don't care. Now shut the hell up" I growled and kissed him harder than before, resulting in an odd smile and laugh from him as he returned the gesture.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shooby dooby doo =]