Everyday Combat

37 [Thirty-Seven]

Sarah

Knocking on the familiar door in front of me, I looked down at my shoes, finding the bright pink Converse more entertaining in my mind for some reason. A noise signified that the door had opened, and I looked up, smiling softly as Kathryn's eyes widened.

"Oh my god Sarah!" She squealed excitedly, pulling me into the house and up the stairs to her room. No hi to the parents then aha.

She sat me down on the bed and ran her eyes over me, taking in everything about me. My new, expensive clothes all done in the Californian style, my hair, which was currently a light brown, hung in a high ponytail.

"Jesus Christ you're tanned" She chuckled, looking over my golden brown skin. I had naturally tan skin anyway, and living in California with all the sun only enhanced this asset I had.

I chuckled softly and nodded, rubbing my arms slightly. I was a little cold to be perfectly honest, even though it was warm in England. She saw this and laughed at me incredulously.

"Are you cold?" She said with a smirk, I laughed and shrugged.

"What? I spent a lot of time in Spain in my life and I now live in California where it's way warmer" I said, smirking at her. She frowned at me and flopped down onto the bed next to me, poking me slightly and grinning.

"You sound American now" She said with a giggle, causing me to roll my eyes and laugh slightly with her.

"Yeah well, it's what happens" I said with a smirk. Instantly my mind ran back to Zack, and I frowned softly, sighing as I looked down at my fidgeting hands. Kathryn noted this change in behaviour and her forehead creased slightly, reaching out and rubbing my shoulder.

"So, you gotta picture of Zack then?" She asked softly. I cringed inwardly before nodding, pulling out my phone, and showing her the gallery. She eyed them all with curiosity, to put it simply, she was ogling my boyfriend to the extreme, well if I can still call him my boyfriend anymore.

"Holy fucking shit Sarah. To say you where the only one out of us who hadn't had a boyfriend before, or even been kissed, you sure pulled a looker!" She said with an impish grin, causing me to smile slightly at her.

"Seriously Sarah, I don't know why you where complaining. You never have a boyfriend here, and was convinced that you where gonna live your life alone, then you go to America and boom, you got quite possibly the hottest guy I've ever seen! And he'll have that sexy Californian accent!" She said with a grin.

"Oh, does he surf too?" She said, smirking slightly at me, causing me to chuckle and shake my head.

"Yes, he does surf. But if I'm there he doesn't go out into the waves unless I tell him to. He doesn't like leaving me on my own" Kathryn cooed at this and I took a deep breath, feeling tears building up inside me.

She sensed my change in mood, and moved closer to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly, and instantly tears began to leak down my face, I sniffed and wiped them away with the back of my hand.

"Me and Zack had a massive argument before I came here. He accused me of going to cheat on him and stuff and we didn't make up before I left and I just wanna talk to him but he won't answer my calls and I miss him so much already" I cried, holding my hands to my face, letting out all the emotions I'd kept bottled up.

She hugged me tightly, rubbing my back slightly like Zack used to do when I was upset, and this caused me to cry more.

"I'm not kidding, I'm not even sure if we're together anymore, neither of us said it was over, but we haven't talked and he said some harsh things and I only retaliated because he'd upset me and now I'm worried that I won't even have a boyfriend to go home to" I sniffed, wiping away my tears which were falling rapidly.

She frowned at me.

"Sarah, from what I've heard, I'm sure this is a small blip on your future. He loves you I'm sure, don't worry, it'll all fall back into place"

"I hope so, because I don't really think I could honestly live without him now. It sounds stupid after only like what? 9 months, but I really can't imagine my life without Zack. He knows me better than anyone else, even you Kathryn! He pays so much attention to me and learns everything, and he's patient and kind. I mean, not many guys would be willing to sacrifice going into the sea where all your friends are because your girlfriends got some pansy fear of bodies of water"

She remained quiet and hugged me tightly.

"Doesn't he have a sister?" She asked quietly. I gulped and nodded, not wanting to talk to Faith, she still didn't like me.

"Can I talk to her?" I frowned but shrugged, handing her my cellphone, which she took and looked through the phonebook. Holding up a number which read

Zack Home <3

"This his?" She checked, I nodded and she got up, walking out the room only for me to hear her talking minutes later to Faith hopefully, whilst I remained in here, pulling apart our relationship and trying to figure out what the hell I'd done so wrong to gain this sort of reaction from Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]]]]

Comments are nice aha
x