Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lovers Found

Chapter 6

*Poison*

Zsadist and Vishous. They were two males that made me actually want Rogue's protection if we had to fight them. We stood in the gym, leaned against very high school-looking bleachers, waiting for the rest of the gang to show up. "Nervous?" asked V as he lit up a hand roll, the distinct smell of Turkish tobacco drifting toward me.

I shrugged my shoulders, eyes searching the gym, my body still getting over the tackling session one of the brothers had given me. What was his name? It didn't matter. I was staying away from him. In almost like a protest, my neck tingled at the memory of his warm tongue sliding over my skin. Jack Daniels. He reeked of it and so did his breath, but under the vile smell was a clean spicy scent; one that drew you in much like a predator drawing you in for the kill. And I was captivated enough to let him. No! I couldn't think so fondly of him since he did almost molest me on the kitchen floor. My opinion of him might have changed if Rogue had not come. The question was, for better or worse? Now who was he?!

"His name is John." the larger male answered on an exhale. I froze, eyebrows perking up in question. He could read my mind. Opening my mouth to protest, the gym doors swung open and the rest of the gang came in, including John straggling behind the group.

"Let's start this lesson up." Hollywood exclaimed, grinning toothily, his good looks and tight sweats making me feel like we were in some kind of kick-boxing film.

"Yo, Matthews, you going to join us?" Zsadist, the brutally scared one, called over, his hard eyes laying on the male who attacked me. I looked over at him again. He was a god, or at least the closest thing to resembling one. I skimmed over his features like I was watching a tiger. He was deadly but beautiful, whatever innocence he had was locked down and covered with dead blue eyes. He was my favorite combination: black hair and dark blue eyes.

John shrugged, much like I did, his leather shoulders rising and falling with the motion. "I was here to watch but yeah, I can help I guess." he signed back. He was mute.

"Good. You're paired with Poise, so she can get a chance to kick your ass in return." Vishous cut in, a grin twisted on his lips. My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to protest but nothing came out. Fight him? He already took me down once and hell, he looked like a tank. I looked over at Rogue. Her mouth was slack and it looked like she wanted to argue. She kept her mouth shut though. "Lassiter. While you're here, take Rogue again. Then we'll switch off and rotate partners, feel me?"

The men around us grunted their understanding and we nodded, sharing a look. I was nervous. What happened if I wasn't good at it? Would I be unable to help and be forced to sit on the sidelines while they risked their lives? I tried to squish my anxiety down by moving closer to Rogue. Her face was pulled into a relaxed position. This was her place, not mine.

"Stop looking so nervous, you're making me want to kick their asses for it." Rogue whispered to me under her breath. I had to laugh, my shoulders slumping to let me know how tense I was.

"I'm alright." I reassured her but the face she gave me said that she didn't believe me.

-thirst minutes later-

John stood on the opposite side of the mats, his eyes fixed on me with an uncomfortable focus. The sound of fighting was around us but we had yet to start. Why? Because he was staring and I was trying to speak around the pulse jack-hammering in my neck. "Ready?" I asked. If he signed I would understand since in high school, Rogue and I taught ourselves sign language, so I waited patiently.

He nodded, his hands signing wildly. "Listen. I'm sorry for earlier today. I was drunk and your scent appeared to-"

I held up my hand to silence him and to my surprise, it did. I signed back, earning myself an arch of his eyebrows. "Just drop it, okay? I need practice and you're stalling so please, let's start." I urged on. The thought of him pinning me to the floor automatically dampened in between my legs. Maybe when I was alone i'd let myself remember our meeting but not here with others around. Was I bothered by him or by my body's response to him? Whichever one had me straining to sprint for the door once he gave me a breath-taking smile. It affected things lower than I wanted and I tried to ignore it.

In response to his smile, I swung my foot out, tripping him with one fluid motion. He let out a grunt, his arms reaching out for anything to hold onto and found my arm. I squeaked as I fell down with him, bracing myself for the fall. Instead, I was pulled into John's chest, his back absorbing all of the fall. I flicked my eyes open at once, waiting for him to flip us over but he stayed still, his arms snaking around my waist to keep me from slipping off.

I panicked, not liking the closeness at all. "Dead." I said quickly, touching his heart with my fingertips.

Something warm flashed through his eyes but he remained silent, sliding me to his side so he could laugh and sign,"Yeah, you win this one. Up for round two, karate girl?"

I laughed, and it felt odd since it had been a while that i let that sound leave my lips. The sound was foreign but beautiful to me. John must have licked it too because when I looked at him again, he was grinning in victory. "Yeah, I'm ready to kick your butt again." I retorted with a similar twist of lips, getting up and offering him my hand. He took it and we shared a look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. And if you like this story, you might like the Brotherhood fanfiction on my friend's account. Her name is Poison Wolf.