Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lovers Found

Chapter 9

*Rogue*

I battled with my relapse, fighting through the memories to have a new bunch catch me in its waves again. "Get out of my head." I sobbed, sinking to the shower flooe in a tired heap.

"Rogue." Even when revolted by the very thought of a male I had never wanted to hear that voice until then. I knew I'd lose it if I opened my eyes to see my naked body so I settled with covering my face.

"What?" I whispered. The voice that spoke out was foreign, it was someone else's; someone more frail and weaker than me.

"I want you to come out from under the shower. You're going to end up freezing." Lassiter rumbled. He sounded concerned and it helped me calm myself down. If I was freaking him out then I knew that I needed to pull myself together. Shaking my head, I tried to move but I couldn't. My limbs were numb from the water and I seemed to be shaking all over. I looked around, searching for a clanking noise until I figured out it was my teeth. I was going to end up chipping a tooth before it was over with. "I can't." The male didn't say a word. One moment the water was beating down on me and the next it was turned off. Lassiter laid a towel over me, and dropped to my side to help wrap it around my body. I silently thanked him, opening my eyes to look up at him. He should have made it worse with his piercings and huge frame, but he didn't. "Why can I bear you?" I asked the angel.

Lassiter smiled slightly, pulling me into the circle of his arms. I let him because it seemed to dim the panic, calming my breathing and the chatter of my teeth. "Because you punched me in the face. You already know you can kick my ass." he teased lightly. I laughed in appreciation of his comment.

"You hit me on the mats." I said with a smirk.

"I did what now?" he said with a small grin to match mine.

"You did." I said, hugging the towel closer around my shoulders to show the side of my jaw. I bluffed, tapping the skin he had punched," It's bruising." I said with fake conviction.

Lassiter chuckled, tilting my chin up with his fingers, still carefully touching my skin. "I can see it. Man, you look like shit."

I laughed back. The sound was abrupt and didn't match the weaker voice from before. I was starting to feel better. More like me again. "Bite me."

"Sorry, female, no fangs for me."

"Okay then, feed me, angel." I requested, finding my hunger once again. I could move once more,. Stiffly gathering myself to my feet, I got up. Lassiter did the same, getting up a lot easier than I did.

"Rogue."

"Hm?" I hummed, my eyebrows pulling up at the tone of voice. I turned to see his features had softened. It was a side of him that I bet many didn't get to see. It scared me a little. I had never seen that look in a male's eyes before.

"You're safe with me."

I nodded. "I know." I didn't trust him though. How could I? I just met him today. I couldn't believe this all went down on out first night here: me having flashbacks, Poise being pinned by a drunken warrior, and still this felt homier than any place we had ever been. Poise. Where was she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. And let me or Poison Wolf know which brotherhood fanfiction you like better. It's our little contest and we need your feedback. Thanks! :)