Shipwrecked

Comfort.

I spent the rest of the night comforting him, not at all bothered by the way he clung to me. Davey fell asleep again a few hours later, his body pressed along the side of mine as I watched shitty films on Netflix. I didn't mind the cuddling and I soon fell asleep too, dreaming about the beautiful blackette beside me.

When the next morning came, I awoke to an empty bed, slightly surprised that Davey no longer occupied the spot next to me. I rubbed my eyes as if it would rub the nagging feeling of wanting more sleep away and stretched my limbs, making a weird noise as I did. When I heard a giggle, I immediately froze, opening my eyes again and seeing Davey in the doorway to our bathroom,

"Good morning, sunshine," he sang, padding over to my bed.

"G-good morning," I stammered.

He sat back on my bed, staring at my sheets intently. I couldn't help but think that he looked as if he belonged in that spot. He looked like he belonged in my bed, by my side. I didn't know if my thoughts were bordering creepy just yet, though they probably were. Who meets someone and then a week later, develops feelings as strong as these ones?

"How did you sleep?" He asked me.

"I slept fine. But how did you sleep?"

His brown eyes looked up at me, and I gulped loudly. "I slept better. Didn't have another nightmare."

"That's great," I assured him. "But Davey, what had you so scared before?"

I watched him stiffen beside me and I immediately regretted my decision to ask him about his dream. I didn't want to push him into talking about something, but I had the overwhelming urge to know what he was scared of. I wanted to protect him in a way, even if he happened to say that he dreamt of killer clowns or something crazy like that.

He sucked in a breath and pressed his forehead against my shoulder. "I want to tell you, I really do. But I can't. Not yet."

I respected that so I nodded, glancing over at the clock and seeing that it was still super early. The clock only read half past six and I wasn't normally one to wake up that early. Davey already looked like he wanted to knock out again, so I dragged him down with me as I reclined back on my bed. His arms tightened around me and a cute little mewl left his lips as I tugged him closer, drawing the blanket up over us once more.

"You still sleepy?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Mhm" he hummed in response, yawning afterwards.

"Let's go back to sleep then."

I didn't get a verbal answer after that, just a nod and another yawn. Five minutes passed and I was slowly drifting off again, but then he spoke. "Hey, Colt?"

"Hm?"

"Thanks for letting me sleep with you," he whispered, yawning one last time.

I smiled and without thinking, kissed the top of his hair. He was silent for a while and I soon felt his breathing even out. It wasn't long before I too, was out once again.

++++++++++

I woke up again a few hours later with Davien still tucked tightly into my side. I glanced at the clock again only to see that it was just past nine. I briefly wondered how I could make it out of bed without the boy beside me waking up, but as he began to stir awake, I was freed of all thoughts of having to make a sneaky escape.

"Good morning," I whispered, smiling at him.

"Morning," he responded, not making any attempt to move from beside me.

I sat up in the bed, stretching briefly before looking back at him. "Jodie should have already made breakfast if you wanna come down with me and eat. I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

He nodded quickly, brown eyes glazing over. "Food. Food is good."

I laughed, getting out of bed and holding my hand out to him. "Well come on, then."

He took my hand and I pulled him to his feet, catching him as he stumbled just a tad. The russet blush spread over his cheeks and he ducked his head, setting himself right before giving me a small smile and a nudge towards the door. I just chuckled, opening my door and taking the lead downstairs towards the kitchen. And surely enough, when we reached our destination, Markus' mom was sitting on a stool at the counter with her coffee and newspaper in hand and breakfast was already laid out on the table.

"Good morning, sleepy heads," She cooed, taking a sip from her mug. "I was going to go upstairs and wake you in a few when the food cooled off a bit. I just finished cooking it, so it's still a bit hot. But help yourselves and enjoy. Colt, knows where all the stuff is, Davey, so he'll show you about."

"Thanks, Mrs. H.," Davey said, smiling brightly.

"Oh, please. Honey, call me Jodie. No need for the extra formalities, we're all family!"

I chuckled at Jodie's ability to make everyone feel at home and showed Davey where all the plates, cups, and silverware were. We sat down make our plates and ate our food in pretty much complete silence, aside from the occasional interaction from Markus' mom.

When we were finished, I cleaned up our mess and Jodie kissed my cheek. "You're such a sweet one, Colt. You didn't have to clean up, you know I would have gotten it."

"I know, but I try to make it easier on you. Plus, I'm not handicap, nor was I raised in a barn," I blushed, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, shoot. Can you teach Markus that?" She laughed, going back to reading her paper.

With a blush still on my face, I headed back to my room, Davey following close behind. Right before we parted ways to our respective rooms, he stopped me with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Thanks for letting me stay in your room, Colt. You really are a sweet one."

My cheeks heated up again instantly, and I felt Davey lean in and lay a kiss to me cheek. I watched him walk away, mouth agape from the shock of the kiss and eyes shamelessly watching his backside. That boy was full of surprises and each one was better than the last.

I guess that meant he was becoming more comfortable around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like that took me ages to write.
I'm going to be coming out with a writing blog soon.
It'll have info on when I will be updating my current stuff and what stories I will be coming out with next.
If you don't mind, please check out my next short story that will be starting after Steps is completed.
Its called Created.
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/544959/Created/
Thanks for the reads and stuffs.
Love, Chastity<3