Shipwrecked

Upset.

The rest of that day went pretty normal. Markus was out all day, probably banging my sister, and Davey and I kind of sat around the house with Jodie. I showed her the picture I painted and she cried, gushing about how she just had to find a place to hang it. We also watched movies on HBO family while eating popcorn and got to know Davey a bit more.

Getting to know him intrigued me more than anything else we did that night. I learned so many things: his favorite color was green, he liked reading as opposed to playing video games, he'd never been to Disney World, he adored Audrey Hepburn, and so much more. I loved that he could open up to us, open up to me.

When nightfall came, I can't say I wasn't surprised when Davey came tiptoeing into my room from the bathroom, a sheepish smile on his face and all. He looked at me with soft eyes and I immediately melted, knowing that whatever he asked, I would tell him yes.

"Can I.. Uhm... Do you mind if I... Maybe..." He stammered, cheeks dusted pink as he shifted from foot to foot.

I already had an idea of what he wanted, but I wanted him to ask me himself. "What's that?" I teased.

He blushed darker, bottom lip caught between his teeth. "May I sleep in here? I just, I feel really safe in here. And I'm sorry for being a nuisance but I don't want to have another nightmare."

I smiled at his rant and patted the spot beside me. "Of course you can sleep in here. I want you to feel safe, and if being in here makes that happen, then I'm more than glad to share my bed."

He nodded, padding the rest of the way over and crawling in beside me. I lifted up the blankets for him, allowing him to tuck himself into my side. He was probably the cutest thing since ever, and was definitely, hands down, the best cuddler I'd ever encountered. Never in my life, had I met someone who emitted just the right amount of body heat.

My thoughts were interrupted by a cough and only then did I realize I was staring. "You know, the whole point of me coming in here is so that you can cuddle me and keep me safe. I don't think you staring at me is going to keep me warm."

I raised a skeptical eyebrow at him, my face no doubt showing that awful blush. "Oh? So you're admitting you want me to hold you?"

He blushed instantly, but smiled regardless. "Trust me, that's not all I want, dear. But it'll do for now." He winked, throwing me for a curve.

I nearly choked on my own saliva as I stared down at him with wide eyes. It was astounding how he could jump from being cute and innocent one minute, to being dirty and perverted the next. I mean, obviously, it wasn't like I minded either way. But I was a sucker for temptation and the more he tempted me, the more I wanted to lay him down and have my way with him.

"Seriously, kid. You are ridiculous," I said as I laughed it off.

He shrugged, giggling. "You act like no one's ever tried to flirt with you before."

"No, I'm experienced my fair share of flirtation. I've never quite experienced someone as forward as you though," I admitted.

"Well, then. Get used to it, pretty boy."

With that he turned his head towards the television and proceeded to focus on whatever random movie was playing. I furrowed my eyebrows as I thought. Davey was extremely forward, but he never acted upon what he said. Sometimes I wondered if he was really interested in me, which honestly, I should have tried to steer clear from. He was seventeen for Heaven's sake, and I was going to be twenty-two with the approaching new year. But still, the boy was intriguing and beautiful and even after a week I was wrapped completely around his pretty, little, caramel finger.

++++++++

"Colt." I felt a jab to my side and groaned, swatting at whatever was poking me. "Colton, c'mon," it said again and I groaned louder, telling it to shush. "Colt, you're squishing me!" and there was a shove to my chest that finally had me rolling over and opening my eyes.

"Whuh," I mumbled groggily, stretching and looking to my left.

"You were squishing me. You're heavy," the blackette pouted, once again tucking himself against me.

"Davey, what time is it?" I asked, glaring at my alarm clock when I read the numbers in angry red.

"Two fifteen, are you serious? Let's go back to sleep."

"Well I would have been able to sleep longer if someone didn't decide that I was more comfortable than his mattress," he stated matter-of-factly.

I peaked my eyes open once again, mock glaring at him. "It's too early in the morning for you to be feisty, Davey."

"Don't act like you don't love it," he taunted, large brown eyes peering at me through the darkness.

I slapped a hand over my face, knowing that I was not going to be sleeping again anytime soon only to hear Davey giggle, pressing his face into my side. He was an adorably, annoying little thing but I let the annoyance slide and searched for the remote under my pillow. When I found it, I turned on the t.v. finally landing on 101 Dalmatians after a few moments of searching through channels. It kept Davey quiet and content for all of thirty minutes and just I was falling back to sleep, he piped up again.

"Hey, Colt?" he called and I groaned deep in my throat, somehow managing to roll over and pinning him underneath me.

"You adorable, little, annoying boy. Do you know what time it is?" I asked incredulously. "It's almost three in the morning. How you're awake, I have no idea. But I'm tired, kid. Tired. Do you think you might be able to hush for a few hours, or must I shut you up myself?"

Now usually, I wasn't this grumpy even when running on a little bit of sleep. But for some reason, I was seriously irked and I was taking my frustrations out on the poor boy. I knew by the widening of his eyes, the hitch in his breathing and the trembling of his lip that I had went too far and I immediately regretted that. I hadn't meant to get so feisty with him, really. But he didn't know that. And before I could apologize he was pushing me off and running back towards his room.

I immediately followed, jiggling the handle on the door in the bathroom that led to his room. It was locked, obviously. I could hear the faint sniffles coming from the other side, my heart breaking with the knowledge that I had upset him. Especially after I spent a night cheering him up. There was nothing I could do about it that night; it was far too late and I didn't want to risk waking anyone up. So I trudged back to my own room, shaking my head in disbelief. I had hurt him. It was unintentional, of course, but it still happened.

I would have to make it up to him in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I've been a ghost. But I'm pretty sure that there's a kiss in the next chapter.

<3