Status: Active

Contort

TEN

FIRE reflected against Karas's eyes as she stared into the Gryffindor common room's fireplace. She'd become affixed on watching the burning embers flicker and pulse. The conversation she'd had with Severus struck a nerve. His words would not leave her mind.

“Do not upset him by ruining it because of your pride.”

Karas growled with rage and slammed her fist against the armrest before jumping off the couch. Angrily, she paced the room and tried to pull herself back together. She wondered why Snape even gave a damn if Harry Potter noticed. The more the merrier. Hate ravaged Karas's body like a tidal wave.

“I'm going to rip you apart, Harry Potter, you maggot.” Karas hissed under her breath as she dug her fingernails into her palms.

The sound of a low creak reached her ears, signaling that she wasn't alone anymore. Someone was coming inside. Karas sunk into the shadows, her eyes flashed with pure rage. She watched a young man walk up to the couch she'd previously been sitting on and drop his textbooks to the floor. She heard his steady breathing. He hadn't noticed her. The man's mumbling reached her ears and she craned her neck to get a better view.

The bags underneath Ron's blood shot eyes were becoming more pronounced day after day. There was also a definite tremble in his hands as he moved. The dreams he was having were taking a higher toll then Karas had imagined. She smirked. Let's see how fast I can make you fall in love with me.

“Ronald Weasley,” Karas' words poured out of her mouth smoothly as she slowly moved out of hiding. She smirked as she witnessed the man's body stiffen at the sound of his name.

“Remember me?” Karas slid into the seat next to Ron, making sure her legs touched him as she scooted closer.

“Yeah,” he nodded with terrified, wide eyes.

“Good,” Karas grinned and decided to keep her voice low. The look of stupidity it gave Ron actually pleased her.

The two sat in a close silence for what felt like an eternity to Karas. Ron was watching her with great intensity.

“I dream about you,” she lied, hearing the rhythm of Ron's breathing change.

“What?” Ron's voice croaked. The red head turned his head to cough, then repeated the question more clearly.

“I keep having this dream about you and I,” Karas positioned herself to face Ron before she continued. “It's so strange.”

Ron chuckled and looked Karas straight in the eyes for the first time that night, “Then you'll find this even more strange.”

Karas' eyes widened and she placed her hand on Ron's knee, leaning in and listening closely. Her thumb began to slowly stroke the fabric covering his leg. Ron twitched at her sudden touch and swallowed the lump in his throat.

“I dream about you too,” Ron's voice came out surprisingly smooth and strong. His attention drifted to the roaring fire when the woman next to him remained silent. You fool, you'll scare her away.

The skin on Karas' arms began to tingle as she reached over and caressed the side of Ron's face. He slowly turned to look at her, everything in him melted as her cool skin met his.

“I guess there is something special about you and I, Ron Weasley,” Karas lowered her voice to a husky whisper, her hand still on his face, She scanned the man's eyes that had yet to blink. Got him.

“Ron, you're still awake?” Harry came in with a bright smile that darkened as soon as he saw who was in the company of his closest friend.

“Harry!” Ron greeted as he pulled away from Karas and jolted off the couch. Karas let the hand the was previously on Ron fall limp against the cushion.

“What's going on?” Harry furrowed his brow and walked around the sofa to Karas and Ron. The woman ran her slender fingers through her short hair and exhaled. She was far too pleased as to where this was going.

“Ron and I were just talking,” Kara's pale eyes shown bright against the shadow that was cast across her face. She sent Harry a smirk and watched a faint scowl appear on the young man's face.

“About what?” Harry looked back and fourth at the two. Ron stood awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. His face began to match the hues of the fire; he couldn't look his best friend in the eye.

“Our date tomorrow,” Karas' perched her lips and stole a glance at Ron, flirtatiously winking in the process. Ron's jaw dropped, along with his stomach. “Is that all Harry?” She continued, standing up and twirling her necklace with her fingers.

Harry Potter stood frozen, jaw clenched shut. He was confused as to why Ron was interest in her, it seemed far too out of his character. Although, his observations were correct. Something was going on between the two of them.

“No, can I have a word alone with you, Karas?”

Karas nodded, taking a seat once more. Her eyes never left Harry, who glanced over at Ron. The red head gave Karas a questioning look as he passed by. Karas responded with a nod and watched Ron walk towards the boys' dormitory. Karas patted the seat next to her for Harry to sit, he obliged but kept a distance from the brunette.

“What do you want to talk about, Harry?” Karas asked, her fingers clenched into a fist at her side. She tried to relax, knowing her master would be proud if she didn't give in now and rip the boy apart.

All good things come to those who wait.

“Stay away from him,” Harry blurted out. His jade eyes flashed behind the round glasses that sat on his nose. He didn't understand why he was so opposed to Karas and Ron, but something about her left him on edge.

If it were only that easy,” Karas thought to herself. She scooted closer to Harry and leaned close to his ear, her lips almost touching. She watched the goosebumps raise on his pale skin as her breath collided against it.

“And if I don't?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading! ThingsNeverChange will have chapter eleven posted soon! Let us know how you are liking the story so far. I really enjoy having a co-writer, and I'm sure she'd love feedback from you guys too!

COMMENT/SUB/REC!

Stay fresh, Whimsical; (a.k.a Lauren)