Status: Active

Contort

THIRTEEN

“POTTER! You're going to have to do better than that if you want to win!” Professor Moody bellowed as pounded a fist against the desk he was sitting at. His let out a low groan as he stood to his feet, favoring his left leg. Earlier that morning, Moody saw it best to lock himself away with Harry and hear the boy's progress in preparing for the Triwizard Tournament. Harry had been pitching juvenile schemes that had yet to satisfy him.

“I'm sorry, Professor,” Harry sighed, completely exasperated. He ran a hand through his dark hair and closed the text book in front of him. He removed his circle lenses from his face and wiped them clean using the hem of his shirt. Harry had run out of options and going to Professor Moody for advice was his last resort.

With a turn of his heel, Moody turned to face Harry and placed both hands onto the table he was sitting at. His mechanical eye scouted its surroundings while the other was fixed, dead straight, onto the boy in front of him.

“People die in these games, Potter. Silly textbook guidelines aren't going to cut it!” Alastor's voice split through the thick air in his office which reeked of alcohol and something Harry had yet to pin point the origin of.

“If you would just give me a clue I--” Harry massaged his temples with his right hand, his head was spinning. He hadn't slept in days. His mind was battling how to save his own life and the life of his best friend. The situation with Ron wasn't getting any better.

“No,” Moody roared again, feverishly licking his bottom lip before taking a long overdue drink out of the flask in his pocket. His throat burned as the rancid liquid was poured into his mouth. He belched before shoving it back against his hip.

RON Weasley's lips hovered over Karas' as the two stood alone in the hallway. One hand was resting on her hip, the other on the stone wall just above Karas' head. “What do you have to do that's so important?”

“Professor Snape wants to meet with me,” Karas whispered as she pressed one foot against the wall behind her. “It'll only take a moment.”

She brought a finger up to Ron's face and using her nail she slowly traced it down the curve of his lips to his jaw, teasingly applying more pressure against his skin. You have no idea what I'm capable of, do you, Ron?

The air between them grew hot due to their close proximity. I could tear you open right now. Karas wickedly smirked at the thought and she kept her face temptingly close to Ron's for a prolonged moment, then slipped into the room to the right of her. I bet you'd like that too.

“You've become quite close to the boy,” Severus' voice matched the darkness that filled the room. Thick, black velvet curtains plunged from the walls making a shield, preventing the smallest ray of light entrance into the room. A single wax candle was a glow on top of Snape's desk. The rest of the study was hidden in secret by the black overcast. Severus was unmistakably joyful, though some would say otherwise.

Nagini slid on her belly across the floorboard, taking her time and enjoying how good it felt to be herself again. She twisted around the leg of the chair Severus rested in. She slithered over his feet before making her way up his leg and to his arm. She felt him tense up as her forked tongue grazed against his unshaven cheek before transforming back into her human form.

“Jealous?” Karas huskily whispered into Snape's ear before snapping back with a loud laugh. She stood up straight with her hands behind her back, wearing a devious grin.

“Not quite,” Severus revealed with an utter. His thin lips clamped back down tightly and he stared back at Karas who was now in front of his desk. Her silhouette appeared golden by the candle light.

“The Triwizard Tournament is in one weeks time,” Severus spoke slowly, his worded reflected no emotion. “The Dark Lord is quite pleased with your progress so far.”

Karas' eyes flickered up to meet Severus' at the mention of her master. Her skin began to itch, she was desperate to be with him again. The woman bitterly clenched her fists and kept her eyes locked on Severus, not wanting to appear as vulnerable as she felt.

“However,” Snape swallowed the saliva that had began to settle in his mouth. “I see another flaw.”

“What is it?” Karas snapped, her blood began to boil. What more could he want from her? “Potter is responding exactly how you wanted!”

“Not Potter. Granger,” Severus remained emotionless. The shadows and dim lightly caressed his face in such a way that made him resemble a corpse. Grey. Sunken in.

“She's no flaw.” Karas climbed onto the table and sat in front of Snape. “He wants me.”

“It may appear that way,” Severus finally stood to his feet and rested two hands on the edge of the wooden table. “Make him want you more.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello friends! I'm back!

A special thanks goes out to my co-writer, Marie, for writing the last chapter for me. It was BRILLIANT! I love reading what she comes up with. Additionally, I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Please comment, rec, and sub! XOXO

- Lauren