Status: Active

Contort

FOURTEEN

KARAS glared at the man in front of her, her fists clenched at her sides. It was truly hard for her to not kill him right then and there. The only sound in the room was the heavy and nervous breathing of Barty Crouch Jr. who was sitting quite uncomfortably behind his desk. He licked his lips and diverted his eyes to the ground as soon as Karas turned her gaze on him.

“You insufferable fool”, she said quietly, almost in an unbelieving tone. “How could you be so stupid?”

“I…. I, uh…. I just-”

“I really don’t get it. Who’s side are you on? Who’s side!”

Moody jumped at the sudden rise in her tone. Karas didn’t usually show her anger this way. She never let her emotions show like this. It was just too much though. This man had practically ruined her plans with one idiotic decision. And it would be her to pay in the end if the mission failed. She would be the one to be punished. She was supposed to be the responsible one.

“I said Granger! You were supposed to get rid of Granger, not Granger and Weasley! Why must your skull be so thick?”

“Sorry”, Moody whimpered, cringing.

“Well sorry isn’t good enough.”

Karas quickly stormed out of his office and into the crowded corridors. She didn’t watch where she was going, simply pushing people out of her way and mumbling under her breath. She was on her way down a moving staircase when someone called her name from behind. Chills went down her spine and her frown deepened into a snarl as Harry Potter came to stand beside her.

“What do you want?” she asked unhappily. “We both know we don’t like each other.”

Harry paused, almost afraid to continue.

“Yeah, maybe we did get off on the wrong foot.”

“Maybe?”

“Okay, yeah. We definitely did. But that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“What is it then?”

Karas was losing her patience. She crossed her arms and continued to glare at Harry as the staircase came to a halt and they continued to walk down them.

“I can’t find Ron or Hermione anywhere”, Harry said.

“And you’re hoping I can help you”, finished Karas.

Harry simply nodded his head and looked at her expectantly. She smiled at his soon to be crushed face.

“I have no idea where they are.”

Complete lie, she thought.

“Oh…. Okay.”

An anxiety took over all of Harry’s facial expressions and he quickly walked away, regretting even asking Karas about the whereabouts of his friends in the first place.

Well, at least one thing has turned out alright today.

KARAS ran down to the platform on which Ron was now lying, cold and wet. Unfortunately, Granger was also lying on the platform, soaking wet, next to him. The only consolation was that Viktor Krum’s arms were around her and she wasn’t actually looking at Ron.

“Ron”, Karas said, falling to her knees at his side and running a hand through his wet hair.

Ron smiled weakly at her, pulling the blanket tightly around his shoulders. Karas could feel Hermione’s stare on her back and she turned to meet her gaze with a hard glare. She quickly turned back to Ron, pretending to be concerned for his health.

“What were they thinking when they put students at the bottom of the lake?” Karas said, frowning.

Ron simply shook his head, sending drops of water flying all over her face. It took all the will power within her not to hex him right then and there. Harry then took a seat next to Ron, sighing. Karas shifted uncomfortably.

Ron looked to his friend, who was also dripping wet, and a small smile appeared on his face.

“I’m sorry”, came his quiet apology.

Karas cringed. With those words, Ron Weasley put a halt to her plans.

“SEVERUS, I don’t think you understand the severity of the situation!”

Karas was pacing back in forth in front of Severus Snape’s desk. Severus was at a loss for words though, for he had never seen her so out of her element. She had never struggled with anything.

“Barty has ruined everything. Everything. Weasley and Potter are talking again. This wasn’t supposed to happen. It just….”

“Perhaps not all is lost”, began Severus, an idea surfacing.

Karas stopped and looked up with wide and pleading eyes. The need to please her master was greater than it had ever been before.

“What?”

Snape stood from his desk and walked to his supply closet.

“Perhaps…. A solution for our problem”, he said. “Can still be found.”

He picked up a small bottle and held it out for Karas to take. She stepped forward and snatched it from his hands, reading the label. Amortentia.

“A love potion?” she scoffed. “You’ve got to be bloody joking.”

Severus kept the stern expression on his face.

“You’re serious?”

“Karas, this is the strongest love potion in existence.”

“I’m not an idiot. I know that.”

“Then use it. Weasley will be so distracted he won’t have any time at all for Potter. Our problem will be solved.”

Karas let a tiny smirk sneak its way onto her lips.

“Maybe you’re right, Severus. Maybe this will do the trick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone just needs to slap me! I am so sorry that it took so long to have this posted! I'm up to my neck in summer homework, but updates should definitely be more regular now.

Don't forget to comment, subscribe, rec.

-Marie