Status: Active

Contort

FIVE

[center[{contort} • to twist, bend severely out of shape, DISTORT.

FIVE:


HIS hand at his sides twitched slightly as the carriage drove across bumpy terrain. His foot tapped to an unheard beat while his legs began to ache. Why did he feel so restless? Ron Weasley stroked the corner of his mouth with his thumb, he was surrounded by conversation yet felt terribly alone.

He missed her voice. Darling, where are you?

The invisible trestrals came to a halt just outside Hogwarts's main entrance.

Ron exited the carriage, along with his friends, and made the short walk to the foyer.

When inside, Ron scanned the faces inside the sea of students that passed him by. The twitch in his hands became more pronounced. His search became frantic. His heart pounded against his rib cage.

Who was he looking for exactly?

"Ron," he felt a hand grasp his forearm. "Are you ill?"

Ron swallowed a knot that formed in his throat. "Huh?"

"You look frightfully pale," Hermione placed the back of her hand to his forehead.

The second her skin came in contact with his own, the world around Ron stilled. What he'd become so desperate for, only a moment before, melted into nothing.

“You're burning up,” Hermione breathed. “Ronald, you should go to the hospital wing.”

“No,” he growled in response. “I'm fine.”

Hermione removed her eyes from Ron's and peered to the left. Harry slowly approached from behind.

“Thanks anyway,” Ron mumbled as he stuck his hands inside the pockets of his school robes.

HARRY Potter sat amongst students at the Gryffindor table. Seeing the familiar faces of his classmates and professors gave him a calm he'd been without for a year. Home again. The smile on Harry's face disappeared as quickly as it came when he caught sight of Ron out of his peripherals.

Kill Ronald Weasley. Kill Ronald Weasley. Kill Ronald Weasley.

The dark voice from his repetitive nightmares flooded his mind. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck and arms rise due to the sudden chill that swept his body. Harry had been burdened with many sleepless nights, trying to figure out the reason he had this continuous dream. Or, was it a memory?

No, it couldn't. He remembered the ominous setting, the hooded figure in the chair. No, it wasn't a memory. At least...not his own.

“I'd like to make an announcement,” the booming voice of headmaster Albus Dumbledore resounded throughout the hall. Every eye was fixed upon the great wizard.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests, as well. Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event," Dumbledore continued, pride swelled in his tone. "The Triwizard Tournament."

Excitement filled whispers rose from the four house tables. Harry glanced over at Ron, who was sitting beside him. Both exchanged questioning glances and Harry felt a moment of peace when he realized Ron was back into a normal state. Not on edge and disturbed like he'd been on the train ride.

"For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests and from each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear," Albus Dumbledore's voice grew authoritative and his pale, blue eyes scanned the Great Hall. "If chosen, you stand alone and trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted."

The uneasiness Ron felt earlier had returned in the pit of his stomach. The vision of green eyes flashed by him. His eyelids closed and he smiled.

"But more on that later," the headmaster continued, "Please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic."

KARAS waited outside the entrance to the Great Hall. The smirk she inwardly felt upon her lips reflected past her jade eyes. Her moment had come. She stared at the back of her fellow Beauxbatons classmates. Or, at least that's what they were supposed to be her.

"They're all fools," she scoffed inside her mind.

Soon, the doors burst open and the ladies made their way into the hall. But not, Karas. No, Dumbledore wanted to offer a special welcome to the new Hogwarts student. Karas assumed that Beauxbatons had finished their grand entrance because Dumbledore began to speak once more.

"I have another announcement," his deep voice rang throughout the air. "Hogwarts will also be receiving a new student this year. She is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts. Please welcome your new fellow classmate, Miss Karas Haylett."

"A little extraordinary," Karas thought to herself, "But I'll take it."

She stepped into the Great Hall. Eyes fixed dead straight. Her lips curled in a seductive manner as heads began to turn. The black stilettos on her feet gently clicked against the marbled flooring. There he was. Mouth open, eyes enlarged. She could almost taste the fever. She sent the red head a wink.

“Oh, Ronald,” Karas whispered, “We're going to have fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! And don't forget to comment/subscribe/rec!