Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

No Matter What

Sweet Dreams

“Madison.” I breathed, in shock that Johnny’s sister was the exact person I had thought I had left. She rushed forward, nearly knocking me over as she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

“Oh my god, you’re okay, you’re not dead!” She exclaimed, not letting me go.

“What do you mean?” I asked, wondering why she was reacting this way.

“I heard that you were missing from the prison, along with Matt and two other inmates, and the last time Crunch killed someone he stuffed them into the sewer and the guards said that they found the grate had been moved and not placed back right and I could have sworn that you were dead and I was so fucking worried-” She spoke so fast her words were jumbled together and slurred as I cut her off.

“It’s okay, I’m not dead.” I said, and began rubbing her back comfortingly when I felt wetness on my shoulder. “Hey, I’m okay, alright, I’m here and I’m not dead in the sewer.” I said, and pulled her away from me enough to see her face. I took my thumb and wiped a tear from her cheek. “I’m okay.” I said, and she nodded, smiling, but then that slowly faded.

“Wait why…why are you here?” She asked, and I sighed as I let my hands fall from her arms.

“Matt, Jimmy, Zacky and I escaped through the sewer grate.” I said and she shook her head.

“But…but you guys are going to get a life sentence if you’re caught now.” She said and I shook my head.

“No, we aren’t, because we aren’t going to get caught.”

“Fuck!” I heard someone whisper frantically, and then something fell and hit the floor. I turned to see that Jimmy had walked in, but in his attempt to run from the room slipped since he was wearing socks. “Wait, Brian?” He questioned, squinting through the light. I rolled my eyes and went over, and helped him up. He looked behind me at Madison, and then back at me. “And she is…?” He trailed off.

“It’s Madison, from the prison.” I said and he rubbed his eyes, squinting through the light once more.

“Oh! Madison, I didn’t recognize you without your hair in a ponytail and scrubs.” Jimmy said with a smile.

“Nice to see you too, Jimmy.” Madison said, and then looked at me. “Any other fugitives harboring away somewhere in the house that I should know about?”

“Matt and Zacky. We’ve been in the basement.” I said and she nodded.

“I see. Johnny knows, right?” She asked and Jimmy and I nodded.

“I hope you guys don’t mind me asking but, why were you two hugging when I walked in?” Jimmy asked suddenly, and we both looked at him.

“Well…” I trailed off, glancing back at Madison and she stepped forward and took my hand. I kissed her cheek and she smiled.

“We’re kind of in love.” She said, and I couldn’t help but to grin.

“When did this come about?” He asked, slightly shocked.

“The night of the big fight that broke out in the lunchroom.” I said and he seemed to nod as if to understand.

“Is that why you made Matt knock your lights out? So you could get admitted back into the hospital?” He asked and I took a deep breath.

“Sadly.” I muttered.

“That was smart.” Madison said sarcastically.

“I’m chocked full of ideas like that.” I smiled.

“Sure are.” Jimmy muttered.

“What the fuck is going on down here?” Johnny appeared behind Jimmy, his hair sticking up in every direction from having just woken up. “Brian, Jimmy, you two need to get back down in the,” He paused and yawned as he walked right past Madison and I with his eyes half closed. “Basement before my sister wakes up.” He sighed. “You two are too loud.”

“Johnny I don’t think we have to worry about Madison.” I said, as he walked to the fridge.

“Yes we do, if-” He stopped moving in the refrigerator. “Wait, how do you know her name? I’ve never mentioned-” He stood up straight, now more awake as he finally noticed Madison. “Oh my god, Madison, shit!” He panicked as he shut the door and came over to her. “This isn’t real.” He tried. “You’re just dreaming. You’re in a dream where the guys that escaped from the prison you work at just broke into the house, now go!” He began pushing her towards the door. “You have to get out, because they’re dangerous, and they have guns and they’ll kill you!” He opened the front door.

“Johnny, wait! You-” Johnny cut Madison off rather quickly.

“No, save yourself! I’ll be okay, I’ll hold them off, just go now before you get hurt!” He pushed her outside and closed the door, locking it as Jimmy and I stared wide eyed.

“Johnny are you out of your fucking mind?! It’s fucking ten below out there and she’s in fucking shorts you psychotic-” I was also cut off by Johnny.

“Go! If you get back down in the basement she’ll get back in and really think it’s a dream and we’ll be safe.” He rushed past us and opened the door to the basement before running back over and grabbing Jimmy’s hand.

“Hey, no! Bad garden gnome!” Jimmy slapped at him, but Johnny continued dragging him over, and shoving him into the stairwell, before pulling me over.

“No, Johnny, stop! I know-” He pushed me in as well before I could finish my sentence and I fell into Jimmy in the darkness, sending us both tumbling down the stairs, where I hit my head on a concrete step and was knocked out.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Madison’s POV*^
I stood, in complete shock at what Johnny had just pulled as I stood outside in the freezing cold in nothing but softball shorts and a tee shirt. I heard yelling inside, but I began knocking on the door.

“Johnny! Short shit! Let me back in you midget!” I screamed, beating my fists against the door. He opened it a moment later, rubbing his eyes and acting sleepy.

“Madison? What are you doing out there? It’s like, ten below.” He said, acting as if I he wasn’t here this past minute and a half and pulled me inside. I was about to go back over to Brian and Jimmy, but noticed they weren’t there anymore.

“Johnny, where the fuck did you put Brian and Jimmy?” I asked, becoming tired of his games.

“Who?” He asked, and then took my hand and placed one on my back as he guided me towards the stairs. “You must've been sleepwalking, just go back to bed.” He said, letting go of me once we got to the stairs. He may be my older brother, but sometimes I feel like he’s trying to be my father. I remembered Brian saying they had been living in the basement, so I took off from Johnny. “No! There’s no one here besides us!” Johnny called out to me as I darted for the basement door. “You were dreaming, goddammit!” I reached the door and opened it up, now hearing voices as I jogged down the stairs, Johnny right on my heels.

“Oh shit, to the bathroom!” I heard a voice that sounded like it belonged to Matt.

“No, you fucking dipshit! His sister is Madison from the prison! No more hiding in that godforsaken bathroom, just help me get Brian to the couch!” I heard Jimmy yell as I finally reached the bottom, and saw Matt then helping Jimmy carry an unconscious Brian to the couch.

“Madison?” Matt questioned and dropped Brian on the couch.

“Johnny! What did you do?!” I exclaimed as I ran over to Brian.

“He shoved us down the stairs.” Jimmy growled at Johnny. I looked at Brian, completely knocked out cold before I looked back at Johnny. I stormed over to him, gripping his shirt in my hands.

“I already know they’re here, Johnny! I’m not dreaming, I’m not sleepwalking I know about them, okay?! And why in the hell did you shove Brian down the stairs you idiot?!” I screamed as he flinched back slightly.

“Because you weren’t supposed to know?” His voice had a questioning tone to it instead of a serious one. I let go of him as I looked back at Matt and Jimmy. Zacky was somehow still asleep on the couch and Jimmy was staring at him curiously.

“You’re such a fucking moron, Johnny.” I sighed, and Johnny shrugged.

“Well, trying to keep you guys a secret was worth a shot.” He said and Matt shook his head.

“I guess. But now that we know you’re his sister it’s made everything ten times better.” Matt smiled and hugged me. “I didn’t like leaving my friend behind in that place.” He said, and I smiled as I pulled away.

“I thought Crunch and Marsh had killed you, Brian, Jimmy, and Zacky and crammed you all in that sewer in the lunchroom.” I said and he shook his head.

“Nope. Not us. We wouldn’t go down without a fight.” He said, and Jimmy chimed in.

“Literally. We got a couple of guys to start a fight before we snuck over and went down into the sewer.” Jimmy said, and then Johnny noticed Zacky still asleep.

“Is he alive?” Johnny asked and Matt took a step over and grabbed a basketball from the shelf against the wall and then turned and hurled it at Zacky, hitting him in the crotch. Zack jolted awake, crying out and rolling off of the couch as he curled up in the floor.

“Yep.” Matt answered with a smile as Jimmy locked both of his hands over his mouth.

“You’re scary.” I told Matt and he nodded.

“Gotta be to survive prison.” He said simply.

“No, he’s not scary, he’s just one person that you don’t want to be woken up by.” Johnny said, and then yawned. “I’m going back to bed. Madison, I would suggest that you do the same, but tomorrow’s Saturday, so you don’t have to work.” Johnny said, and before anyone said another word he was walking up the stairs.

“I’m so fucking glad you’re here.” Jimmy said as I walked over and sat down on the arm of the couch.

“Why’s that?” I asked and he scoffed as he sat down on the couch.

“You were the only nice person in that place that wasn’t rude as fuck.” He said and I nodded, understanding. Not everyone in that prison was very nice.

“Yea, knowing that one of the nicest employees in the hell is the sister of a guy that’s quite frankly one of the most annoying people I have ever met, but pretty nice nonetheless, is just great.” Matt said, sitting down next to Jimmy. Zacky slowly began getting off of the floor, still bent in half as he sat between Matt and jimmy.

“Sorry about that, buddy.” Matt patted him on the back. “Just wanted to make sure you hadn’t died in your sleep.”

“I hadn’t died in my…goddamn sleep you motherfucking sadistic asshole.” Zacky muttered, his voice strained.

“Harsh words.” Matt muttered.

“Wait ‘till the pain…goes away.” Zacky growled.

“Better start running now, teddy bear.” I said casually and Matt glared. “Oh, angry teddy bear.” I said, fighting a grin.

“Scratch that, it sucks that you’re Johnny’s brother.” Matt said and stood up. “I’m going to get something to eat. I’m starved.” He said, and stomped off towards the stairs, seeming pissed off.

“Very angry teddy bear.” Jimmy said, and ducked quickly, barely missed a soccer ball as it flew at him.

“I’m not even out of the room yet, you fucking giraffe!” Matt called from the bottom of the stairs.

“What’s the worst you could do? Hug us to death?!” Zacky called, making a comeback from being hit by a basketball, and Matt chuckled, sounding evil.

“No, the teddy bear could chop your balls off and shove them down your throat!” Matt yelled back, and then just as Jimmy and Zacky stopped laughing and got terrified looks, the door slammed.

“You guys are adorable.” I said, and then looked at Brian with a sigh. “I guess I should head to bed, too.” I stood up. “Matt’s plans sound painful, just don’t get too loud.” I said as I turned and walked to the stairs, a smile forming on my face as I thought about Brian. I thought he was gone, and I would never see him again, but he was right under my house the whole time, along with three other guys that I had decided were a few of the nicest people in the prison. Brian’s out now, though. He’s free, and we can be together without iron bars keeping us apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

gothique4
ashadowedchazly
amodernmyth88
fiction;
violetkarma
MoMo_92
Star Angel

xoxo, Saleigh