Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

No Matter What

**Originally 'Wrongfully Accused'. Title change as of June 7, 2012**

Brian Elwin Haner Jr.’s father passed away in 2005, his mother has since married a very rich man by the name Nick Tidwell. He had never been a nice man, and Brian’s mother was forced into the marriage with threats on her and her son’s life. Five years later, Brian and his mother have put up with the abuse of Nick for years, and somehow miraculously survived through it all. Though one day, after breaking up a fight between Nick and his mother, Nick headed off towards the kitchen, and in fear, Brian ran upstairs, retrieving a gun from his father’s gun cabinet. He ran downstairs just in time to see Nick standing in front of his mother, his hands tight around her neck. Brian brought the gun up, squeezed his eyes shut, and pulled the trigger. Nick was shot in the heart. He was dead. Brian panicked, and so did his mother. The police came soon after, having been called by Brian’s mother, and deemed Nick dead. His mother tried to explain what happened, but either way, it still sounded bad on Brian’s part. Nick wasn’t even holding a weapon, he was defenseless, as the judge had said, and didn’t stand a chance against a gun. He wasn’t bullet proof, just a human being with anger management problems.

Brian was sent away to the California Correctional Institution, and charged with involuntary manslaughter. He was sentenced two years. No matter how many times he tells the judge he didn’t mean to kill him, that it was an accident, the judge just overruled him, causing him to snap, and attack the judge, just earning him more years as the guards pried him off of the unconscious judge. Little did Brian know his actions were going to give him a high status in the prison he was being sent to, making guards shake, and inmates move out of his way. Well, most of the inmates.

While in prison, Brian makes friends, and enemies. His cell mate, Matthew Sanders, and Matt’s friends Jimmy Sullivan, and Zacky Baker become friends with Brian, but he also acquires enemies. Crunch and Marsh are relentless, havoc-wrecking, uncaring men, making Brian’s stay in prison a literal living hell, seeing through his façade of a ‘not to be fucked with’ type guy. Through all of the odd friendships, and the relentless beating from his newly introduced enemies, one thing Brian never expected to find while in prison was love, that is, until one day in the medical center he begins to talk to a girl named Madison.

Madison’s a nurse at the facility, she never really wanted to work at a prison, but opted for it, her curiosity leading her to it. She has become rather good friends with one of the regular’s in the medical center, which is Matt. Getting into fights every other day, and ending up in the medical center, Madison’s learned not to be scared of him. But face it, she’s never been cautious or scared of any of the inmates; it’s just not in her nature. When Brian comes along, she notices something’s not right with him. She notices how he doesn’t seem like the type of person to just kill someone. She sees how he doesn’t belong in prison. Soon Madison gets close to Brian, and he opens up to her, hoping maybe she can get him out. But soon, they begin to have feelings, feelings both of them know they can’t have: love.

In this story, accidents happen, life behind bars proves to be both painful and disturbing, enemies see through even the thickest coats of lies, and a wrongful accusation leads to a mess of emotions and bloodshed.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of Avenged Sevenfold, or any name brands that I may put in this story. I do however own any other original characters that I decide to include throughout this story.

*WARNING: This story will contain: violence, language, crude/cruel humor, and tons more language, piled on top of more violence.

**NOTE: All situations in the story are purely FICTIONAL. Hence the type of story; a fan FICTION.