Status: active for now! :) :)

Shine

Chapter 11

“It is.” He finally said. A snap of a branch alerted us and snapped us out of our conversation. Zane stood up and towered over me in height. He put his arm out and stood in front of me.

“What was that?” I asked shakily. Another snap of a twig erupted.

“Stay behind me.” He warned. A pair of red eyes darted out from the darkness of the wood. My blood curled. The wings inside of me froze over. Zane gripped his dagger but then pulled out a bow and arrow from his backpack on his back. I struggled to keep my balance on the rock, so that I wouldn’t fall into the pond.

“I’ve finally found them.” A dark voice chuckled menacingly. A giant ugly looking warlock approached us out of the darkness. My head spun. He was tall, and fat, and greasy. Looking at it made me want to vomit. I hadn’t seen a warlock since the first attack, and before I found Morgan’s house. It was always in the dark, so I couldn’t really tell what they looked like. Seeing them in daylight was horrifying.

“You’re mistaken. We are just travelers.”Zane’s voice was strong. I could see where his combat training came in. He held out his bow.

“I don’t think so, pretty boy.” He grinned, slim in his teeth moved about and I gagged.

Suddenly he was hurtling towards us. I screamed and covered my mouth. Zane shot an arrow into his stomach, but he didn’t flinch. I ran from behind Zane and away from the pond. The warlock turned away from Zane and focused his eyes on me. “Hello, Princess.” He grinned. Zane fired another shot to the warlock and he yelled in agony. He ripped out the arrow and turned back to Zane. Zane stumbled and braced himself on the rock.

I looked around, thinking about how I could help. There wasn’t enough sunlight to conjure up anything, and I couldn’t will myself enough energy to throw at him. I picked up a large rock and tossed it at his head.

“Leave him alone!” I yelled and ran at him. With a smack of his arm he sent me hurtling into a tree. I felt my head hit on the trunk and my eyesight blurred. There was a splash and I saw Zane struggling with the animal. I tried to stand but my head seized with pain.

“Elora?” Aiden’s voice suddenly was at my side.

“Help him.” I pointed to Zane and Aiden nodded. He pulled out his dagger and stuck it in the back of the warlock. The warlock yelled again and swung around to hit Aiden. I lied on the ground helplessly, watching the fight. Zane was on the warlocks back, and the warlock fumbled around trying to get him off. I watched as Zane stuck it in the eye with his dagger. Green ooze exploded from his eye and the warlock threw Zane off of him and into the pond. I once again attempted to stand, with no luck I fell over dizzily.

The warlock fell to the ground with a thud and twitched before freezing cold, and finally vanishing. Aiden ran to the pond to help Zane out. Zane wrung out his shirt and hopped out of the pond. “Thank you.” He said to Aiden. “Where is she?” He asked.

And then they were next to me. “Elora? Elora? Can you hear me?” Zane asked.

“Mmmhmm.” I managed trying to stand again so we could get out of there before more Warlocks came.

“Did she hit her head?” Zane asked Aiden.

“I think so.” He replied.

“I’m fine.” I slurred gripping Zane’s hand to stand up. A hand touched the back of my head and I screamed. They braced my sides and sat me down again.

“Blood. Zane, there’s blood.” Aiden said to Zane harshly. Zane moved around to see the back of my head. He then grabbed his backpack which he had discarded during the fight and opened it. He pulled out a rag. His hand softly held my head forward so he could see the back of it. His hands moved over my head slowly. He shut his eyes, breathed deeply, as if he were conjuring a spell.

Then suddenly, my head felt better. I could see straight. Zane wrapped the cloth around my head and helped me stand.

“We have to keep moving. They’ll know we were here. We must hurry.” Zane said and packed his arrow into his bag. I was fatigued and hungry. I wanted to stop, but I knew we had to keep moving, especially after that attack.

Zane held onto my hand so that I wouldn’t fall and I hated to admit that it was strangely comforting. When he looked at me, it was different. He wasn’t irritated, he was interested.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short... bare with me :) still no more comments :( I really want to know what some ghost readers think of this? it takes like 5 seconds to comment, I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch, but I'm really new at this, and am trying to figure out if my storys are worth posting. I have some pretty cool fanfictions.. I'm thinking about starting those on here later, if this works out well. hope you enjoyyy :)