Status: active for now! :) :)

Shine

Chapter 6

I made my way out of the tub, and dried myself quickly before slipping on the dress and wrapping my head in a towel. I opened the door and walked towards the steps. I made my way down them and hung my head lowly as I waltzed into the kitchen. I looked up just enough to see the boy and Morgan starring at me confusedly.

The boy stifled a laugh, “What did you do to your hair?” He chuckled amused by my presence. Morgan floated over to me and pulled the towel off of my head.

“My hair was drying?” I tried as she briskly ran her hand through my long blonde hair. I blushed furiously, apparently no one dried their hair like that here.

“That was an odd way to tie up your hair….”She paused and starred at me for a moment, “I’m sorry, Dear, I’m afraid I never got your name.”

“Oh, it is Elora.” I replied. The boy’s eyes flickered from my hair to my face and his mouth twitched with a smile.

“That’s the same name as the lost princess.” He said. I continued to blush at him, a few minutes ago he had seen my naked in a bathtub.

“Oh quiet, Zane.” Morgan hushed him. “It’s a common name.”

“Not around here. I’d say you quite resemble the looks she would have as well. We all know we’ve seen enough supposed photographs of the child. Are you a warlocks spy?” He answered moving around me in a 180 fashion. I spun around to meet him as he eyed me.

“Excuse me, but I am not a prize on display!” I scoffed folding my arms across my chest and huffing. Morgan put her arms on my shoulders and pulled me towards her and away from the boy.

“Excuse my cousin. I’m afraid he doesn’t quite know how to respond to pretty fairies in his household.” She rolled her eyes at Zane and gently ushered me to the couch.

Zane went back to tending to the fire across the room.

I watched him while Morgan fixed my hair. He was rather tall, from what I could tell. Climbing to about 6 foot 3. His jaw was chiseled, and his eyes were a miraculous gold color. His hair was a dark brown, matching his eye lashes.

He was gorgeous, but annoying-nevertheless.

“Your room is next to the washroom.” Morgan said and returned back to the kitchen. I nodded and proceeded up the steps and into my room. The room was small, and contained a lot of nick-nacks. I brushed my fingers across the lace tapestries, and the golden necklaces that hung around the room. I stopped at something that looked like a newspaper. It was dusty, and shoved between two book holders. I opened it quickly, coughing out the dust that had flew into my nostrils.

“Princess, Daughter of King Michael and Queen Rosalie Basette of Avalon, has been kidnapped to the human world”

My hands began shaking. I read on, further down the article.

“Princess Elora Shine Basette, was reported missing by the King late in the evening Saturday. The guards have been notified and are on the lookout for the Princess. It you have any information reguarding the Princess’s whereabouts please contact the Village guards.” I looked at the date, “April 7th, 1999”.

I dropped the paper and it fell to the floor, dust lifted from the ground and filled my nostrils. Everything was beginning to make sense. The necklace, my ability to control light. I wasn’t human. The lights flickered in the room and I felt weak and unstable.

I turned around quickly and ran to the window. I opened it quickly and gasped in a huge breath of air. The air was still wet and muggy from the storm, but it felt good in my nose. I breathed slowly and relaxed, it wasn’t possible to believe such things about myself. I could be dreaming for all I know. The lights in the room brightened again, as I regained control.

“Zane, where are we putting the wood tonight?” A male voice rang through the night. “And we should hide the guard’s keys again. That was hysterical.” He laughed and I saw a figure punching another in the arm. I assumed it was Zane and a friend. I pulled a candle from the nightstand and held it out into the darkness.

“We’re in enough trouble.” Zane grumbled shutting the door downstairs. He was dressed in a green cloth shirt which hung loosely just below his waist. His boots were brown and long, and his dark forest green pants were tight fitted. I almost chuckled, any guy wearing those in my world would be deemed, faggot. But for some reason, I found them completely sexy. Zane’s arm went around the other boys shoulders.

I pursed my lips and then turned back to the room. I was going to get some answers. I slipped on a pair of shoes that looked like slippers. They had green lace that resembled grass and I thought I might as well have not worn any shoes. I then snuck out of the house careful to not wake Morgan or Keehlan.

I shut the door of the house closed and picked up my skirts so I wouldn’t trip in the mud. It was cooler than I expected, but I continued pushing forward to catch up with Zane and the other boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short! But I get the feeling with 5 readers that no one really cares. hahaha but nevertheless, I will keep trekking on! :) Thanks for the comment Minimaldisagreement!

I will personally shout out anyone who comments! Thanks so much for those of you who read!