Status: Just starting out! Comments are great motivators.(:

Dreading Hope

CHAPTER.TWO.

"Fuck it. Lets just go smoke." I said to Derek, my best friend.
"Alright. You sure you don't want me to go beat your step dad's ass though? I'd be happy to." I smiled, and shook my head.
"I don't want Michael growing up without a dad, even if Robert's an awful person, he loves him."
"Okay... But you know I'll do anything to make you feel safer in your house." When Derek said this, I felt my face grow warmer, and he chuckled.
"Are you blushing, Lib?"
"No!" I replied, quickly trying to hide my face. Derek knew I was lying though, and he grabbed my hand, and I interlocked my fingers in his. I guess we were a little more than just best friends, but we would never date. We didn't want to mess up our friendship.
We walked to the local park, and then into the forest behind it before lighting up. I pulled my pipe out of my pocket, and Derek packed the weed into the bowl. I covered the carb with my finger and he lit it for me. I sucked in as much as I could handle, before removing the pipe from my mouth and handing it to Derek.
"Ayeeee, Derek! Liberty! What you doing back here?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see Mark approaching us.
"Oh, hey Mark." I said, and smiled at him. Derek finished smoking his bit, and then offered it to Mark.
"Ah, thanks man. Hey, you guys want to go hit up a party?" He asked, taking the pipe from Derek.
"Yeah, sure. I'm up for it. How bout you Lib?" Derek looked down at me. I grabbed my phone from my pocket, and saw that it was already 7:45, and that it would be getting dark soon.
"I don't think I can, I have to get home soon. But you go ahead."
"No, no. I'll walk you home at least." Derek said sweetly.
"Derek, my house is 2 miles away. I'll walk myself, you go to the party." He still looked hesitant, but I smiled reassuringly, and he sighed.
"Fine, but text me when you get home, kay?"
"Yeah, I will. Promise." We finished our smoke and then I started my walk home. I pulled my headphones from my pocket, and turned my iPod on. I turned the music up loud, and skipped a couple tracks before I found a song I wanted to listen to. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, and pulled a headphone out of my ear.
"What the FUCK Robert?! You scared me!!" I exclaimed as soon as I realized who it was. I saw our Jeep parked a few feet behind him, and he removed his hand from my shoulder.
"Sorry Liberty. I didn't mean to scare you. I was just driving home and I saw you so I thought you might want a ride?"
"Um, no I'm good. I'll just walk." I said, and started to walk away.
"Come on, it's getting dark. Just get in the car." I rolled my eyes dramatically, and changed my course. I walked to the Jeep, and hopped in. Robert got in next to me, and I put my earphones back in. I could see the smirk on his face as he pulled back onto the road. I rested my head down and closed my eyes, and realized how tired I was. Even though I knew we'd be home in just a few minutes, I fell asleep quickly.

"Wake up bitch." I heard Robert say next to me. I opened my eyes and looked around at an unfamiliar place.
"Uh, where are we at?" I asked slowly. I saw an old looking house and a red barn further back. I could smell grass and tobacco.
"You'll see." He grabbed my arm and pulled me over the seat and out through the driver's door.
"Get the fuck off of me and tell me where we're at!" I yelled, trying to yank my arm away.
"Shut up whore. You're going to get exactly what you deserve."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mwahaha.<3 If anyone's reading, I'm sorry this chapter took so long! I've been really busy. But I'll try and get another chapter up before I leave on Friday for 3 weeks! D:
Anywho, I'd love a comment/subscriber.... :3
Until next time, my lovelies. ♥