Status: Active. R-rated, just to be on the safe side, but Seth is so innocent really and I'd like to keep him that way.

Over My Dead Body

1 Year

SETH.

My little angel was named after Rachel's father who had passed away a few years ago. Well, he was killed by a minion of the actual devil, but we don't like to talk about it.

Billie Black-Lahote was my little angel's name.

Her mother didn't want to give up her maiden name, but she wanted to take her imprint's sirname, too. Which clearly resulted in her taking them both and so would their children.

You know, if they had anymore.

*

Today was my little angel's first birthday ever and I think I must have looked more excited than anyone, because I certainly felt it.

Rachel had always seemed more than happy to let me take good care of her and I always did. I treated that kid like she was my own, it didn't matter if I was only 16 years old, I looked older anyway, because of what I was, but since I had imprinted, I felt a lot older, too. And Rachel even let me take my little angel out, just the two of us going for a walk on along the beach or just going for little walks around the reservation.

Paul still wasn't as laid back about the whole thing, but I knew he was only holding onto his thoughts for his imprintee, his wife and his baby's mama.

My Alpha, Jake and Rachel's little brother was over the moon for me, that I had finally imprinted. Though, really he was just glad that I had shut up complaining about being literally the only one left that hadn't imprinted.

I mean, it was true. Even Leah had imprinted, as well as Embry. And when the newcomers Collin and Brady had imprinted, too, I had an even harder time. Their thoughts all jumbled up in my head when we were all phased into our wolf forms at the same time didn't help and neither did all of them openly rubbing their imprintee's in my face all the damn time.

The others all seemed relieved that my bitterness had vanished along with my, I'll admit, constant complaining and I can't say that I wasn't either.

"Hey, Seth. Whatcha doin' in here?" Rachel's soft voice pulled me from my thoughts as I pulled my gaze away from the kitchen clock and over to her. She was alone, the others outside in the backyard, probably stuffing their faces.

I sighed softly, shrugging slightly. "Just thinking." I said, giving her a small smile.

She smiled back, walking over to the fridge and taking a couple of beers out before walking over to me. "Here." She said, taking the cap off both and than handing me one.

"You sure?" I asked, a little surprised. I knew there was a reason I liked her. I'd grown quite close to her in the last year and I knew it was, because of my bond with her child.

She grinned, nodding. "I asked Leah not to tell your mother. Go for it. You can have another, but don't go overboard. I know you shifters can really put away the hops, but you're still a baby yourself."

I chuckled. "You know, only you, Leah and my mom get to call me that and are still able to walk." I warned, though clearly joking.

She scoffed, a huge grin on her face. "C'mon, Sep, BB's been looking for ya."

I grinned widely at that. Sep is how my little angel called my name, not quite able to talk properly yet, but I knew that it wouldn't be long now. And BB is my little angel's nickname. "Then I won't keep her waiting."

I followed Rachel out of the house and into the backyard where the others and their imprints lounge about on the grass. It was such a nice sunny and warm day, which was a rare thing in La Push. It must have been, because it was my angel's first big day.

"Sep!" I spotted her sitting with Emily and her 2 year old daughter that Brady had imprinted on and who was also sitting with the girls.

I was at her side in a heartbeat. "Hey, Little Bit. Whatcha upto?" I asked with great interest.

She stared up at me, scowling slightly and it was kind of creepy how much she looked like Paul when she did that. "Caaake!" She squealed with an excited look on her adorable little russet face.

I chuckled and nodded. "I know, you love your cake, you little piggy." I told her, grinning widely when she giggled under my ticklish fingers on her cute little pot-belly.

"Seth, my baby girl is not fat and do you want a burger?" Paul piped up, still standing in front of his precious outdoor grill. He hadn't moved from his spot all day, but us shifters ate an insane and inhuman amount, kind of like the apetite of a teenager and a wolf put together, but at least we didn't ever put on any more weight and I was a little smaller than the rest of the guys, well, except for the newbies. And at least I was actually a part of the pack now. Jake didn't treat me like a little kid like Sam always had.

I scowled over at Paul. "I didn't call her fat!" I snapped. I was still new to imprinting, compared to the others, so I still couldn't help snapping sometimes. Thankfully, the others understood and most of the time (unless they were feeling particularly annoying) they paid no attention. I sighed, snapping out of it just as quickly. "Sorry. And yes, please. I'd like a burger... Unless you're annoyed now."

"He's always annoyed." Rachel said, smiling softly at me before glaring at Paul. "Give him a burger and don't start. Not today." She said in a firm, but gentle tone.

"I wasn't gonna start. I was just messin', babe." He said, winking at her before turning back to flipping the burgers.

"Sep, cake?" My little angel asked, grabbing my arm and tugging at it.

I smiled down at her, seeing her plate was empty. "More!?"

She nodded, smiling brightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.