Status: Active. R-rated, just to be on the safe side, but Seth is so innocent really and I'd like to keep him that way.

Over My Dead Body

Conflicted

BB.

Seth had been spending a lot of time with Elena lately. Well, I say lately, but try the last 5 years.

I didn't like her and I think even she knew that, as well as pretty much everyone else, but I was always civil towards her. After all, she had saved Seth and my Uncle Jake's life and she hadn't really given me any particular reason to openly despise her or distrust her. She still creeped me out though and I kept that to myself as well. Like I did with most things. It was always just easier that way.

Thankfully, both Aunt Rosalie and Nessie had forbid Edward from using his freaky little vampire mind reading ability and I was beyond grateful, to say the least.

"What're you thinking?" Edward's smooth and low voice broke me away from my thoughts. He had a small knowing smirk on his pale and handsome face.

"I'm so glad you asked." I said, sarcasm dripping from my equally low tone. I didn't want the others hearing, even though I knew they were all out in my backyard, but that didn't mean a damn thing with a bunch of vampires and shifters roaming around with supernatural hearing all the fricking time. It was a stressful life sometimes.

"I mean, I already know, but..." Edward trailed off, his smirk widening.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You swore you wouldn't do that anymore." I stated, trying to sound intimidating, which was impossible around here for any human.

He chuckled. "You were glaring at the back of Elena's head for 15 solid minutes before you stormed off inside." He explained simply.

"Oh. Sorry." I said, smiling sheepishly and sighing loudly. "I don't know why, I just don't trust her. I'm probably being stupid, but it's what my instincts are telling me and dad always tells me to follow my instincts..." I trailed off, not really knowing where I was going with it anyway.

"Your dad's right." Edward said, giving me a reassuring look. "If you don't trust her then there is obviously a reason for that. It doesn't matter if anyone else doesn't see it. That just means you're a lot more intuative than the rest of us."

"Oh really?" I asked, rolling my eyes. There's no way I'm more intuative than a bunch of super-freaks and I say that with love, of course. I knew he was just trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. "And what if Seth doesn't see it?" I asked, hating how helpless I sounded.

Edward frowned softly, realizing what my real concern was or rather who. "Then he will take your word for it. He will always be the first one to do so." He stated with a knowing tone that I didn't quite understand this time, but I let it go for now.

I was about to question him about it, but unfortunately we were interrupted.

Bella as she slowly entered the kitchen and was at Edward's side in a second. She smiled up at him before smiling over at me. "Seth's looking for you." She told me.

"Figures." I mumbled, giving her a weak smile before making my way slowly through the house and out into the backyard.

The others were all spread out across my dad's perfect lawn.

Since dad had given up phasing 9 years ago, he still worked full time at the bank in Forks, but he'd also aquired an odd hobby of gardening. The guys made fun of him, but he didn't care.

Seth bounded upto me from out of no where.

Elena appeared behind him with an annoyingly pleasant smile on her annoyingly stunning pale face.

"Hey, BB. Where you been hiding?" He asked, his adorable face tilted slightly, his expression intrigued and somewhat looking rather bummed out by my absense. I'm surprised he noticed with the pretty pair of fangs following him around like a little lost puppy.

Wow, maybe I was just jealous. Which, as I thought about it, only hurt all the more.

Seth would just think that I was being stupid and I'd end up losing him altogether.

Why would he wanna hang out with a 16 year old girl anyway? He was almost 32 years old and I was just a kid to him.

I know it's crazy and absurd, but lately I'd been having these odd feelings towards him.

It would probably freak him out if he knew or anyone else for that matter, so I just kept my mouth shut about that one, too. My dad would hit the roof and my mom would probably have a nervous breakdown. It would just be awful and I couldn't put them through that.

I snapped myself from my thoughts, remembering where I was and glanced up at him before finally answering. "Just in the kitchen, gossiping with Edward. Y'know what I'm like with the Cullens." I stated with a small grin. It wasn't entirely untrue.

Seth didn't look like he quite believed me, but thankfully he left it alone. For now. If I know Seth... And I think I do, quite well.

Elena appeared beside my Seth, looking over at me with a perfect ruby red smile on her stupid face. "The Cullens are good company to keep." She said, her voice sickly sweet. It made me want to gauge her eyes out with my thumbs.

I suddenly felt my building rage wither quickly into a lovely calm feeling. I glanced over at Jasper, who was smirking at me and then quickly glanced back at Elena. "Yeah, they are." I said, silently thanking the vampire that had just manipulated my emotions. I didn't want to end up making a fool of myself and that's what usually happened when I got really pissed off.

Elena's smile widened as then she turned to Seth and I wanted to glare at her, but I could still feel Jasper tugging at my conflicted emotions. "I should go. I'll see you real soon, Seth. Goodbye, Billie."

I hate her.
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.