Status: I've wanted to do this forever. Anyone for a co-write??

Creating love with a box of matches

Ronnie

Dama's Pov

It takes me a few minutes to realize that Ila isn't coming. Sure, she had promised to come and root for Gee and his band, but with that control freak of a mother, she'd be lucky to even step out the door freely. I sing along to 'I'm Not Okay' under my breath and sway to the music. It takes me several beats to realize that I really am not okay. My best friend didn't show up for the one concert I asked her to because of her mess of a mother. She's probably sitting all alone at that park she loves hiding at so much.

I sigh and pull out my phone and half empty pack of cancer sticks and head for the door of the small common place club. Sweaty, dirty bodies grind against me as I shove through the crowd of slutty teenagers and choke on their scent. "Lemme through gits." I growl under my breath as I ram in between two scene girls and break the sloppy kiss they were sharing. The smell of cheap vanilla perfume and testosterone is over powering and I shove through the over crowded dance area. Half way there. I think to myself as I reach the exact center of the club. I know its the center because of the neon, pulsating stripper pole that's protruding out of the ground. Why Gee accepts gigs like this, I will never understand, but he does, and he loves it so who am I to judge.

I just wish the harlots would back off my boyfriend. I glare at the thought and fight to breathe. Gee will be pissed if I pass out on the floor and get trampled. He hates when I get hurt, especially by fans. I finally reach the back and walk towards the mini bar, my back turned away from the fans, and unlock my phone. I tap the counter and order an ice cold beer, knowing that I won't have to show my license, even though its standard procedure. I did come here with the band after all, that accounts for everything. Glancing back down at my phone, I scroll quickly through my contacts until I see the smiling face of my best friend.

'Hey honey. I see you couldn't make it. Everything okay?' I type quickly before hitting send. I tap my fingers to the beat of 'I Don't Love You' and hum along, glancing down every few seconds as I wait for a reply. I'm just becoming impatient for her slow as fuck reply when my phone makes a barely audible chime and the icon that shows I have a unread text message flashes across the screen. Sighing in relief, I unlock my phone and scan over its contents.

'Ila left her phone, but when you see her, tell her I'm very dissapointed in her behavior and I want her home immediately. Do you hear me Dama, immediately. No detours. She will be severely punished when she gets home you can count on that.' I sigh and roll my eyes. Mrs. Pratt has always been a tight ass and a stickler for rules, but it was uncharacteristic of Ila to leave her phone. Either she was distracted or she just had to get out of the house. Hurriedly, I grab my bag and unzip it, shoving my hand inside the cavernous monstrosity and digging for Gee's keys. He always leaves them with me at shows in-case of emergency, and the well being of my best friend is an emergency. Guess he's riding home with Franky tonight.

With a small grunting noise I pull them out and trot towards the door, barely pausing to wave to the bouncer, who I knew very well, seeing as he was my eldest cousin on my mother's side. Never slowing down, even in my ridiculously high heels, that I wore even though my legs were too long, I unlocked the door of Gee's midnight colored Ferrari and jumped inside, starting the car hurriedly. I was always one to get motherly and over affectionate, and right now I was deep in what Ila called my, "Mothering Mood". Slipping out of my heels and throwing them into the backseat, I shifted quickly into reverse and peeled out of the parking lot, not even thinking to take up my normal habit of texting and driving too fast to make sure Gee knew I left with his car. Damnit, I thought sadly, He was going to take me to dinner.

It took mere minutes for me to pull up alongside the park, and barely a second to shake out my long locks that I had pulled back and step out of the car. Still barefoot and with keys in hand, I peered through the darkness in the general vicinity of the old rusted swing set that Ila loved so much. I could barely see the outline of her slumped shoulders and I padded through the grass, admiring the smoke spilling into the air from her mouth. She looked slightly like an attractive chimney.

"Hey there doll face." I muttered in a husky voice as I bent close, pressing my mouth to her ear. She jumped, swatting behind her, but I was already at her side, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. She gave me a worn smile and punched my arm, her dark fringe falling in her eyes. "Hey. What're you doing here? What about the concert?" Ila peeked through her hair at me, studying my expression as I smiled softly and sat on the swing behind me.

"Gee's still there preforming. He has another twenty minutes before his set is over. Franky will have to drive him home." I shrug and stare at the adorable the park. It was such a humble thing, no big swirling slides or little wood chips. Just a sand box, a swing set and a small play house. It really was adorable. "Go on back, I'm fine here. If I go farther than a few blocks the punishment will be worse." I could almost feel the sadness leaking off her; It was ice-y and unruly, wild almost. Like it had been there for along time.

I reached over, wrapping an arm around her slender shoulders and laughing. "Your already in big trouble young lady. The boss lady is pissed. She was being all polite about it. See." I handed her my phone and watched her type in my unlock code. She knew everything about me, just like I knew everything about her. She scanned the previous message quickly and glared at the sky.

"Severely punished? Is she serious?" I could hear the venom in her voice and shivered slightly. I could tell she was resisting the urge to search for her smokes, most likely because she had finished her last one earlier as she brooded over her life. She does that often, but she always has a reason. It helps her think most days. It helps her with her version of reality on others. But it always helps. "'Fraid so dove." I sigh and hand her my pack, which she gratefully excepts. Pulling a smoke out of the paper-thin cardboard container and lighting up.

"Thanks," She breaths as she exhales. "I needed that." I'm just about to respond when the sound of a deep voice screeching and the clomp of someone running fills the air. Me and Ila stare in wonder as a boy with raven black hair and more than several tattoo's busts through the gate of the part we're currently sitting in. Since both of us are wearing dark colors, and were shrouded in shadow, the boy doesn't really notice us, which I wouldn't have it any other way seeing as he looks ready to kill.

"Stupid whore, thinks she can just waltz back in like she own the place. Ignorant woman."

His voice is full of menace as he paces back and forth in short, jerking strides. He's obviously beyond pissed, and for a minute, my natural instinct is to hide. I shove it down though, seeing as my father is nowhere around. But to see the same anger reflected in a boy who appeared only slightly older than the both of us. The boy rattled off several choice cuss words, all that were quite offensive to woman. He was just starting in on a few lovely phrases that I wouldn't care to repeat anywhere when Ila stepped in, her voice taking on an unusual 'I Don't Give a Fuck' attitude that I admired.

"Had a rough night, have we?" Ila shifted beside me and flicked some ashes off of the tip of her cigarette. The boy snapped to attention, his eyes instantly locking on me and Ila. "Who the fuck are you two?" He spat rudely, his eyes igniting in anger as Ila laughed. "I'm Imp, this is Dama, and who may you be stranger?" Her carefree attitude was only slightly worrying as he marched toward us, his posture rigid.

"I'm Ronnie. Wanna tell me why your in my park?" His eyes narrowed, and now that he was up close, I could see the gorgeous chocolate brown they were. My Gee's eyes were a beautiful hazel color that made me melt, but this kids were alright. "Your park? Look buddy, I think I was here first." Ila stood, her confidence making her seem five inches taller than she actually was. Smirking, she went to flick more ash off her cigarette, purposely aiming at Ronnie's clothing.

"Shit fuck!" He muttered angrily under his breath, as white specks fell here and there on his clothing. "You meant to do that you little whore." He glared, his eyes icing over as his mussels flinched, a tell tale sign he was about to lash out. The man had been stressed to the breaking point, and I knew what it felt like to get hit by a man. No matter what build, it hurt like a bitch.

"Ila, lets go." I grabbed her arm, pulling her back a step. Ronnie seemed to realize I was there all of a sudden. Like he had skipped over me or forgotten I existed. "Who are you?" He muttered a bit gruffly as he stepped back, trying to control himself. When he looked down, you could almost see a scared little boy looking like he'd done something wrong. But then he looked back up and the moment was over. Boyish charm is a hard thing to posses I guess. My phone rang just as I opened my mouth to reply. Ronnie was really getting on my nerves. 'The Kill'- Thirty Seconds To Mars rang out around the park and I scrambled to answer.

"Hey baby." I answered and stuck my tongue out as Ila rolled her eyes in my direction and stepped closer to Ronnie, her mouth moving rapidly as she pulled him away. "Hey cutie, where the hell is my car?" He groaned, knowing he was going to dread the answer. "I borrowed it." I answered quite simply, my lips stretching into a grin as he huffed. "Shit..I have to ride home with Frank don't I?" He whined, and I could almost imagine his pout.

"You know it. I'm bringing Ila by our house, just a heads up. Can you have the guest room made up?" I twirl a lock of hair absently around my finger and almost slap myself at the giggle that erupts from my mouth as he makes kissing noises through the phone and answers yes. "Thank you baby!" I laugh and make a kissing noise back right before I click my phone shut.

I look over to find Ila and Ronnie laughing, obviously all buddy buddy. I roll my eyes and admire her ability to defuse a ticking time bomb. I guess debate and therapy courses helped some. I wave, trying to grab their attention before I just shout over their laughter.

"Ila sweetie I have to head home, care to join me?" I can see her reluctantly tear her gaze away from Ronnie and nod as she takes small steps towards me. She gives him an awkward wave and an almost audibal giggle before rushing over and grabbing my hands and pulling me away from the park towards the car.

Interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup. :D