Moon Shine

Chapter Nine

*Amelia*

I sighed softly, reaching out and gripping the soft sheets that were beneath my body. Above me there was a sheet as well, the same silky quality as the sheets beneath me.

I could feel that my legs were bare, but I had a large t-shirt on.

I turned my head into the pillow, breathing in deeply.

I frowned. That wasn't the scent from the room I was in. I was in a different bed, in a different room.

I frowned again and blinked open my eyes. I was facing a door, a desk to the side and along the walls were trophies, books, and other miscellaneous items. The floor had a few t-shorts littered around, and also shoes.

Behind me, I heard something behind me move and I sat up quickly, turning to see what it was.

It was the boy from earlier in the day. The one that seemed so awkward around me.

"What the hell!" I nearly screamed. "What is going on here? Where am I?"

He frowned.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked.

"The last thing I remember was sitting in a tree, so what am I doing here?" I spit the words out and stood up quickly, my head spinning and I stumbled.

"Whoa," he said, reaching out and grabbed my arm, guiding me until I was sitting again.

I slapped his hand away.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"You passed out," he said. "You had changed and when you changed back to your human form you were out."

I frowned.

"Changed? What do you mean by that? And human form? You're crazy."

I stood up and walked to the door, but he followed me.

"Amelia, you need to rest."

"Look," I said. "I don't need you or anybody else. I just want to leave, so why do you hold me here like a hostage?"

"You can't leave Amelia," he said. "We need you here."

I glared at him. I didn't belong here, and I would only bring pain and suffering to everyone here.

"I don't even know who you are," I said. "Why would I want to stay?"

He winced and looked away from me.

"I can't tell you yet." He said. "You aren't ready. You don't even know you're a werewolf for goddess sakes."

"Werewolf? Now I know you're crazy."

I turned again and walked away, opening the door to the room I had been staying in, but he followed.

"Let me show you I'm not crazy," he said, grabbing my arm. "Please, just try to understand what is going on. Let me show you."

"Show me what? What could you possibly have to show me to make me believe you?"

I looked at him like he was crazy, and he was. How can he think I would believe him when I couldn't even remember his name!

"Follow me and I will show you," He said, calming down slightly. "Please."

I frowned but nodded.

"Promise to leave me alone after this?"

"I will try," he said and took my hand, leading me outside.

"What's your name?" I asked, looking at him.

"You don't remember?" He sounded surprised, like I should know who he was.

"No," I said it bluntly, an irritated tone to my voice.

"It's Alex," he said as he pulled me into the woods and away from prying eyes.

I nodded and followed, only knowing he had stopped when I ran into his back. I breathed in his scent, something inside me going insane with want and I gasped, stepping back quickly. I needed to get a grip.

Alex laughed and turned to me.

"You feel it don't you?" He asked, a happy glint in his green-brown eyes. "You feel what we have, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, my mouth moving into a straight line and standing up straight. "Get on with it, I'm tired and want to get some sleep."

Alex smirked but nodded. "Alright then."

He proceeded to remove his shirt, and water gathered in my mouth. He looked absolutely amazing. His chest hairless and I could see him being in a commercial with water running down his body. He had a six pack, and a small happy trail leading to a special place I shouldn't be thinking about. He also had that deep 'V' that men had, leading to that forbidden place as well.

As I watched, Alex hooked his thumbs in the band of his sweatpants and pushed them down over his hips and let them fall to the ground. He was now standing there, naked, in front of me and I was stuck. I swallowed hard, looking over his body.

This wasn't happening. I must have been dreaming. I pinched my thigh, and u felt the pain but I continued to pinch myself. I wasn't in my right mind and I needed to stop this now before it lead to something worse.

Alex smirked, standing in front of me and asked, "Are you ready?"

Ready? Ready for what exactly? Was he going to rape me, or did he actually have something to show me besides his... penis.

I nodded hesitantly, scared of what was about to happen. If he was going to rape me, I don't know what I would do if he did. I wasn't strong enough to fight him off.

As I watched and fretted, Alex hand moved to all fours and his muscles rippled. I head the cracking of bones and his face became distorted. Hair began to sprout from his skin. His once hairless chest now had gray and black hair covering it. His back had the same hair over his back. Actually, everything was now covered in that gray and black hair.

In what seemed like years, but was really only a minute, Alex had changed from a human to a large wolf.

I gasped, staring wide-eyed, stumbling backwards and falling on my butt, but I continued to move back until I was pressed into the hard wood of a tree.

How was this possible? How could there be werewolves in the world?

I shook my head as if to clear it, I was crazy. There was nothing else to say about it, I was crazy.

My eyes were squeezed closed, not looking at Alex. I heard him move closer, but I didn't move. He could kill me and it wouldn't have mattered.

I felt a cold something press against my arm and then I heard his voice, speaking to me in my mind.

Calm down Amelia, he said. There is nothing to be afraid of. I'm not going to hurt you and you aren't crazy.

I shook my head. What he was saying wasn't right. He shouldn't be talking to me in my mind! It wasn't possible, but here we were, a guy that had just changed into a wolf and was talking to me in my head.

Slowly, I moved my arms from my face as Alex kept nudging my arm gently, almost nuzzling against me. The fur was soft, not rough like I thought it would be. I bite my bottom lip and reached out my hand, running it through his hair gently and he pushed against my hand and despite the fact that my world seemed to be turning upside down, a smile pulled at the corner of my lips. My fingers massaged Alex's ear, he seemed to like that, being gentle enough not to damage his ear, and he seemed to love what I was doing. The smile became bigger as he pushed into my hand on his ear, as I reached out and rubbed his chest with the other.

He loved that too and soon he was laying down and rolling onto his back and I moved from the tree, moving down and scratching his tummy. His tail thumped against the ground rhythmically, but the joy we were having wouldn't last long.

Before I knew it, Alex was off the ground, a snarl coming from his throat so loud that the ground shook. Almost as fast as Alex was off the ground, I was back to my tree, pressing back into it as several wolves came into the small clearing.