Status: Work in Progress.

Only You

Ch. 3

Niall carried me into my bedroom, shutting the door quietly. I giggled as he sat me down on the bed. I gasped and looked around.
"What's wrong?" He asked, ridding my feet of my shoes.
"Where's the cat?" I asked, slurring worse than before. He smiled and pointed at my lap.
"Oh." I said dumbly before petting the small animal. The kitten looked up at me and purred.
"Leda, what was up with that kiss?" Niall asked, sitting beside me.
"I wanted to kiss you, so I did." I stated. Niall stared at me for a long second before cupping my face in his hands. My breath hitched as he lowered his face to meet mine. A pounding on my door erupted before our lips could connect once more. Niall sighed and stood, opening the door. Harry stood on the other side, fuming. Before Niall or I could react, Harry landed a fist to Niall's face. I jumped up, causing the kitten to fly underneath the bed.
"Harry, what the fuck?!" I shouted, kneeling beside Niall. He groaned and held his nose. Blood began streaming from behind his fingers.
"You think I wouldn't see you?" He shouted at me. He reeked of liquor.
"Harry, you're drunk. Go away." I tried to shove him out of the room so I could take care of Niall. Harry roughly grabbed my arms and shoved me against the wall. Niall jumoed from the floor and collided with Harry, who knocked me to the ground.
"Louis!" I screamed, trying to gain enough energy to move. I heard several footsteps come up the stairs, along with Harry and Niall wrestling on my bedroom floor. Tears sprang from my eyes and I felt myself being picked up.
"Leda, it's me." I recognized Liam's voice. I nodded weakly, silently crying. As he was carrying me downstairs, I saw Louis and Zayn pulling Niall and Harry apart.

I awoke the next morning in an uncomfortable position. I groaned and stretched, my foot connecting with someone's torso. I sat up as I wiped my eyes. Niall was sleeping on the foot of the couch, sitting up. He stirred and sighed. I smiled and stuck my face in his.
"Niall!" I shouted, causing him to jump. I laughed loudly as he shrieked. He recovered quickly and frowned.
"You're awfully happy considering what happened last night." He stated gruffly. I tilted my head in confusion until I realized what he meant. Visions of Niall and I kissing, Harry and Niall fighting. I frowned and gazed up at Niall.
"I'm so sorry, Niall. I had no clue any of that would happen." Fresh tears welled up in my eyes. Niall shook his head and pulled me into a hug.
"It's not your fault, Leda. If anything, I should be sorry."
"Why?" I asked, pulling away and wiped the tears from my face.
"Your birthday party was ruined. Your brother and Harry got into a fight over you. Harry and myself got into a fight over you." He stated, giving me a 'duh' look.
"It wasn't much of a party, to be honest. Mostly just you and I getting piss drunk. Me getting hit in the face. Twice."
Niall frowned and examined my face. He grunted in disgust as he looked me over.
"How bad is it?" I asked, leaning against him.
"S'not so bad. You'll have a small bruise. Nothing major." He answered, wrapping his arms around me. I pulled away, inspecting his face.
"You're face is pretty bruised up, Niall." I said, lightly touching the already purple bruise beneath his eye. He pulled his face away and gave me a grin.
"I'll be fine, Leda. Harry hits like a girl."