‹ Prequel: Promise Me The Stars
Status: This story is on hold right now as i'm in the process of editing the prequel Promise Me The Stars. Check it out for better chapters!

Rocks Painted Gold

Before we Leave...

“Shadow,” I looked over at Kylie, my eyebrow raised, “Are you sure about this? We don’t have to do it.” I sighed and nodded, my mind set in cement on what I wanted to do.

“Forest acts like he can be alone for this, but he can’t. He’s scared shitless right now sitting in that apartment and I can’t leave him like that. He wouldn’t leave me like that, so I’m not going to either.” I stated, playing with the necklace that seemed to be glued to my throat.

“You’re an amazing person Shadow.” Kylie said quietly, embracing me in a hug that I couldn’t help but enjoy.

“I keep trying to tell myself that but my mind keeps denying it.” I said once she pulled away.

She smiled at me and then we turned and walked down the block to the pawn shop where I was going to sell the gold necklace Scarlet had given me in Byte City. The only gift I had ever gotten and I was going off and selling it for some kid.

Two hundred dollars in my pocket, one fifty in Kylie’s, and we were heading down the road again trying to catch a ride to the airport without having to pay for a cab.

“Wait.” I stated, holding my hand out to stop Kylie from walking any further.

“What Shadow?” Kylie asked, crossing her arms over her chest. It was ridiculously hot and I had learned that Kylie gets very mad when she’s hot.

“This is Forest’s old neighborhood, where his dad lives…” I trailed off as a stupid and crazy idea struck my mind.

“Do they have air conditioning?”

“They’re rich, of course they have air conditioning.” I stated.

“Then lets go.” Kylie said as she walked past and grabbed my hand.

“You don’t even know what we’re doing.”

“Don’t care Shadow, I know you have something cooking in your mind, and my mind is cooking. So let’s just go.”

“Well just back me up okay. Don’t tell them I’m Shadow or they’ll freak.”

“They don’t know about you?” Kylie asked, glancing at me as she walked ahead of me.

“They know, they just don’t know I’m real. They’re scared of me anyway, well scared of Forest when I get the body. His sister saw me awhile back with the body. The look of fear on her face…I felt bad for Forest.” Kylie looked up at me, a look in her eyes and I knew I was sounding like a pussy.

“But the girl turned into a bitch, so I’m going to smack her or something.” I shrugged and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

“You can’t just slap her Shadow! You’re a guy and you can’t hit girls. If I determine that she’s a bitch I’ll bitch slap her to planet Pluto.”

“Pluto isn’t a planet anymore.” I stated, bad decision.

“Yeah well neither is your dumb ass face and yet it’s huge as fuck!”

I laughed, I didn’t mean to laugh, I really didn’t. But the way she just turned and yelled at me, it made the inner most fibers of my body want to bust out laughing.

“Stop laughing at me!” She yelled, smacking my arm.

“Oh my god,” I sniffed, tears running down my cheeks. I looked at her, her arms crossed and a glare in place. And I started laughing again, so hard I fell to my knees on the sidewalk, “I’ve…never…loved you more in my life.”

I choked it out between my hysterical laughter, and her face softened for a moment.

“You mean that Shadow?” I took a deep breath and looked at her.

“Mean what?” She sighed and shook her head.

“Nothing Shadow.” she started walking down the street again and I stared at her.

“Fuck.” I muttered jumping up running after her. I stopped short, my heart feeling like it was going to give out any second.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” I muttered bending over to catch my breath. My legs felt like jelly and my head had begun to ache.

“Still laughing Shadow?” Kylie called. I looked up and stared at her up ahead, spots dotting my vision.

I tried to answer but my words caught in my throat.

“No…” I finally persuaded my voice to work and that’s what I got out.

“Shadow?” Her voice sounded so worried, so scared in a matter of seconds, “Shadow what’s wrong with you?”

I couldn’t force out anymore words, but my legs were getting better and the pain in my head had dulled a considerable amount.

“Shadow?” Kylie had grabbed my face and pulled it up so she was looking at me. I hated the pained look on her face, how much worry swam in her eyes.

“I’m fine…just lost my breath is all.” I said, mustering up a small smile for the girl.

“No, that’s more then losing your breath Shadow, what’s wrong with you?”

“I don’t know, I just…everything started hurting. And I’m sorry, for whatever I said to make you walk away from me. I did mean it though, what I said about loving you.”

Her lip started trembling and I felt worse and worse. The first tear slipped down her cheek and I just wanted to kill myself. But she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tighter then I thought was possible for her.

“Does this mean you’re not mad?” I asked quietly. She pulled away, shaking her head.

“No, I’m not. Now let’s go bitch slap Forest’s sister.” she stated, laughing through her tears.

“Alright, lets go.” I grinned and planted a kiss on her head.

We stood at the door of Zacky’s house, luckily I had remembered the code for the iron gates that guarded his house, and he was stupid enough not to change it. Plus the guards were switching shifts so it was ridiculously easy to get into the place.

“Are you sure we’re not going to get in trouble?” Kylie asked.

“Oh we’ll get in trouble. A lot of trouble, that’s why we don’t get caught.” Kylie sighed and rang the doorbell.

“Well now you’re my accomplice.” I stated.

“Honey, I’ve been your accomplice since I sold my guitar for us to get to Colorado.”

“That reminds me,” I shoved my hand in Kylie’s back pocket and pulled out the prepaid cell phone she had bought, “We have four hours until Forest’s plane leaves.”

“One,” she snatched the phone back, “Don’t just go shoving your hands into my pockets. And two, how are we going to get on the same flight as him?”

“Don’t know, but we’ll figure it out, people drop out of flights all the time. And if we can’t get on the same one we’ll just catch another and meet him at his old house.”

“You know where it is?”

“How long does it take these people to answer their fucking door?” I asked, ignoring her question and stepping forward to pound on the door.

I stepped back and sighed, swinging my arm over Kylie’s shoulders and leaning into her.

“Ugh, get off me you fatty.” Kylie groaned, just as the door swung open and Hazel stood there in a pair of shorts and a tank top that revealed a lot.

Kylie noticed me staring and slapped me, “Sha….ne. Shane, stop it.” she hissed, catching herself before she let my name slip.

“Can I help you? How did you even get in here?” Hazel asked, stepping forward and squinting at the gates.

“We came here for Forest…”

“That idiot doesn’t live here anymore.” Hazel cut in.

“Not to see him, as him. I’m Kylie and this is my boyfriend Shane. We’re both really good friends of Forest’s and we just wanted to come talk to you.” Kylie said, smiling at Hazel, only to get a scowl returned.

“Did he pay you to come here or something? Like Forest would have any friends.” she scoffed and I felt my jaw tightening.

“Listen here sweetie pie,” Kylie took a step forward, her eyes blazing with anger, “That guy you’re talking about just so happens to be my best friend. And right now he’s probably packing to make the trip to Colorado alone. He doesn’t even have his sister to rely on for support while he goes through probably the toughest thing in his life after losing his mom, YOUR mom.”

“You think you know everything about my life bitch? Do you know about Forest’s little friend Shadow? Do you know about how fucking insane that guy is now a days? He used to be okay, he used to be fine. But then one day after he came out of the hospital he just packed up and took off, abandoning me with people I knew but didn’t at the same time. I was scared and helpless and I don’t care if he dies on the way to Colorado because I hate his fucking guts!” Hazel screamed in Kylie‘s face, she went to slam the door but I stepped forward and caught the door, pushing it back open.

“Were you really that scared of Forest just because of Shadow?” I asked, a smirk playing on my lips.

She stared at me for a long while, like she was trying to recognize me but couldn’t.

“Whatever dick head, you don’t know anything you stupid motherfucker.” she spat, literally, on my shirt.

That was when a fierce blonde slipped under my arm and punched, not slapped, Hazel so hard I heard bones crack.

“That’s for giving up and becoming a bitch on Forest, and a little for spitting on my boyfriend. Clean up your act Hazel, Forest still loves you, the old you, and he wants you there in Colorado. But not like this, not a fake bitch.” Kylie turned then, glanced at me with a shit eating grin on her face, and slipped back under my arm.

I closed the door quietly and walked quickly to catch up with Kylie. We didn’t say anything as we walked past the guard who gave us a funny look. I waved slightly and called out for him to have a good day just so we didn’t look more suspicious then we already did.

We walked in silence until we were a couple blocks away from the house then I grabbed Kylie’s arm, twisted her around and pulled her into a kiss.

“I swear to god I love you for doing that.” I said once I pulled away. She just smiled and shrugged.

“I did it for Forest. And you were right, she is a bitch.” I laughed and took her hand in my larger one.

“Let’s go to Colorado.”

“Lets change your shirt first.” she said, pointing to the wet spot that had Hazel’s spit on it.

“Yeah, hope I don’t get herpes.” I mumbled, holding the shirt off my body where the spit was.
♠ ♠ ♠
BITCH PUNCH!!!! Haha it was requested that Hazel get bitch slapped and I got her punched instead...I loved it!! xD

Shadow+Kylie= the only couple I have ever liked that i've created.

Commenters will get a preview of the next epic chapter! And let me tell you, it's pretty insane what happens...well okay not insane but dramatic and emotional! So expect that chapter on Monday...or maybe later...

ha thanks to
sins-97
Spoileddxbrat

for their comments!