Status: Hope you like it. My first fan fiction.

Another Human Resistance

Prologue

“Sings Midnight Songs,” I hear, the voice sounds close to me. Sings Midnight Songs, I mimic. That’s not my name. But why did that voice just call me that? I thought to myself, panicking as I tried to figure out my name. What is my name? I knew that Sings Midnight Songs wasn’t my name, but the name I was given was lost somewhere in the depths of my mind. I couldn’t figure out what it was but the voice didn’t give me much time to remember it before it sounded again. “Are you alright?”

Of course not! I yelled, but found that only my mind can listen to my screams. I willfully forced my mouth open, but not even a single curve of the edges would budge for me. Anger fills me and then a less foreign emotion of panic follows right after – one so strong it felt like my body would start breathing in strong, ragged breaths gasping for air. Despite the emotions I felt, my body was unaffected by the intensity of it.

“I’m alright, except one thing.” Another voice sounded and I realized it was my own. Frantically I tried to force my mouth to close in a tight, thin line so that no more words could come out, but turned out to be a pointless attempt as my voice continued. “I was told I would have access to five senses, but I can only obtain four of them.”

“Four?” The first voice mused. “Which sense are you missing?”

Sight, I hissed at him inside my head. My eyes have never known sight and that won’t change just because you put one of your creatures in my neck.

My voice copied me in a softer tone than I was comfortable with. The other voice giggled and joked, “At least you’re used to it from your last host, right?” My body vibrated as it joined in laughter from the humorless joke the thing in front of me made.

“I guess it is my luck that the first adult we find is the one that is defective.” A softer, feminine voice chimed in.

I’m not defective! I yelled, anger boiling.

“We’ll take you out of this body and find you a new adult host if you want.” The woman offers, genuine concern surrounding her voice. Yes, yes, do that. I’m defective alright. Take this thing out of me. My excitement erased my short-lived anger and I could practically watch my words bounce around in my mind as I listened more intently.

“No that’s alright. I like the thought of being blind.” My voice said, pleading with them. No, get me out! “You don’t have to dispose of this body on my account.”

D-d-dispose of my body? I was sort of starting to like the thing in my neck. He wasn’t like the woman who would willingly through me away for my blindness. He enjoyed it. He enjoys my blindness! My rage spiked up again at the thought. Damn it! Only I can enjoy my blindness. Get out!

Confusion filtered my mind and blocked my hearing capabilities as I sulked to myself. Is this is how Mom felt with Wanda…? So many emotions flooded through my tiny space of my brain, leaving me numb as I tried to process them all. Excitement tore through as I remembered my mom and Wanda, but solemn and despair ripped at the excitement as I realized how I remembered them. Depression and empty filled me as I continued to try and move any part of my body, big or small, with unsuccessful attempts.

My body got up, a moment made by the thing bound in my neck. I could faintly feel a light pressure on my hand and realized it was another hand. It was barely enough to have noticed without actually focusing on, but I tried to focus to see what was happening next. It seemed like the other two were leading me – it – him – somewhere. I tried focusing even harder on the ground. The ground was where my sight was. The ground was where my comfort came from. But the ground was cold and gave me no sight or comfort. I stopped thinking and focusing so hard and let me just be – it was all I could do now.

“We don’t want you blundering around now.” The male voice chuckled. “Give one of us a call if you need anything.” Something was put in my hand, but I couldn’t feel what it was. The way my hand was shaped told me it was a slender pole of some sort, but I wasn’t sure of what.

“That is to help guide your way,” the woman’s hopeful voice rang in my head and I knew what it was. Ha, like I’d ever need one of those. I suddenly felt very superior, despite my position, because even though I wasn't in complete control of my body, neither was he.
♠ ♠ ♠
I usually write much longer chapters, too long for mibbians to enjoy, so I hope this size is good for you guys. Let me know so I can adjust chapter sizes as needed. ^^ Please and thanks.