Status: Updated!!! And please leave some feedback(i want to improve my writing) and thanks for reading!!! ;]

Stronger than Ever

Chapter 8 - As Alex was in bloodlust...

Chapter 8

As Alex was in bloodlust, the vampires planned her demise. Even though they were lost, The Queen and King began to realize. With a song of death, the queen commanded and silenced them all. When understanding, the king helped them not to fall. As the vampires got stronger, the werewolves did too. They had a strong pack who tried to warn them about what the vampires wanted to do. After arguments and all, Nathaniel tried to reason. It helped but now he has a mate that he’s chasing…
.
.
.
.
.

Meanwhile at the Vampire Meeting...

The meeting was a huge disaster. That was the only way to describe it. After two of the most important people left the gathering, immediately every high class vampire became frantic. Princes from around the world whispered like old gossip women and the princesses felt lost and barren without the assurance of their husbands. No one thought of calming down or at least trying to make sense of anything. Instead of order, it was chaos. The only two who held an ounce of patience and cool were the king and queen.

Worry lines were very present on the young looking woman and beneath her eyes were a series of bags. The bright red lipstick that was expertly placed on her thin lips slightly smudged and her lovely brown hair was a bit messy. These components weren’t much but just enough for the council to panic. They have never seen the queen out of place but her current attire was out of the norm. It was surprising!

The King had a similar look but different. His handsome features seemed to dim slightly and his eyes aging. Like his wife, that alone told everyone something wasn’t right and resulted in their current mess.

Simultaneously, the king and queen let out a deep breath before quickly straightening their backs. They stretched their fingers while fixing their attire. As if planned, they spared a small, almost undetectable, glance at each other. A quick shock traveled between both of them and they grinned. The king and queen were chosen their place for a reason and that reason was going to get them out of this mess.

Queen Catherine closed her eyes, covering her light green eyes, gently opening her tiny mouth. Only leaving a small space between her lush lips, she began to sing. At first, an inaudible sound left her lips traveling through the cool air. The sweet lullaby pierced the ears of many. The princes started to calm down.

The room that only a few moments ago was loud, started to calm down, the deep voices now hushed.

The queen breathed deep in her diaphragm. Now that she had the council’s attention, it was now time for control. She opened her eyes to display her bright red eyes. At first glance you would think that bloodlust controlled her but it did not. The queen was in a state only she could reach and master. Many called it her ‘Siren State’ but personally she called it, ‘The Calling of Her Prey’. The song composed of power only spirits held and was much more dangerous than bloodlust.

Its power hypnotized in many ways as the queen now had the group of people in her control…except the king.

Catherine ended her deadly but soft song, licking her chapped lips. She looked up to see her king’s eyes on them and slyly grinned knowing she still had it. Even at the age of seven hundred and four, she still had her love’s interest in every form. The queen held her husband’s gaze for a few seconds. It seemed that the king also captures Catherine’s heart as well as her soul. He gazed deep within her and a small gasp escaped her lips. For a moment, both of them forgot the other nobility in the huge room. They only saw each other in complete and utter love.

They stayed in this state for a couple more seconds before looking away. They faced forwards to face what they personally thought were spineless vampires. The accusation wasn’t far off. What kind of vampire panicked at the escape of two other vampires? Where did their control go? Where was their composure?

Easy; they didn’t have any. For that reason, they would meet their demise.

King Marcus cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes coldly; “Why at the sudden surprise you go frantic?” his disappointed was clear as day in his icy blue eyes. He looked around noting—no glaring—at each person. The princes didn’t dare meet his gaze and the princesses just kept quiet unable to do anything.

The king continued to stare down every single vampire in the room. He could smell their fright and smiled internally. He loved that they were afraid of him. In fact, if he wasn’t the king he would slaughter them all. Not literally, (he also had a unique gift) but just differently.

Queen Catherine sensed her husband’s darkness and spared him another glance. Honey, control yourself.

Her soft voice knocked Marcus out his lust of fear and the great man blinked, ashamed.

He shouldn’t lose control.

Even though it was a quite small amount, he still should have controlled himself. He was the king and a responsible one at that. The king thanked his wife and found himself reaching out to clutch her delicate hand. She allowed this and looked throughout the huge room.

The vampires’ eyes were still on them. She swallowed gently before standing up to her 5’6 frame. She was also pissed at the display of the people who were supposed to be strong and wise. Queen Catherine knew that they were quite young—in their 300s and 500s—but that didn’t excuse their behavior.

The woman glanced up in confidence, “Get up.” She demanded, power coursing through her words. “And go find my sons.”

Immediately, the vampires got up and did as commanded, scattering throughout the kingdom to find them. When the queen and king were alone, they turned to each with a secret lingering between them…

Back at the Pack House (Nathaniel's P.O.V.)

“I still don’t see how they can help us,” grunted Beck. He crossed his arms over his broad chest, standing up to his feet. He eyed this ‘Nathaniel’ from across the room in anger. Beck has been listening to the conversation between his dad and Nathaniel like the rest of the pack and he instantly disliked the other Alpha guest. So what if the stupid vampires had a meeting! Didn’t they always have one? Beck continued to scowl at Nathaniel while narrowing his eyes.

Nathaniel, the other alpha, looked across the massive room. His eyes met James’s son and he fought to gain control over himself. The boy was eyeing him, challenging him, and Nathanial’s wolf wanted to put him in his place. He didn’t know why but a series of shivered came down on him. His wolf, which normally had control and patience, now fought with him, aching to be present in the room.

The alpha, on normal days could easily tell his wolf to back down, now had trouble doing so. Nathaniel knew his wolf hated to be challenged but this was something else. Something was here that brought his friend to the edge and he couldn’t figure out what exactly.

Nathaniel, already standing to his 6’4 height, broke eye contact with the annoying mutt to meet the other alpha’s gaze. “My pack has existed since the old ages. We have mastered most things like combat, finance, and gifts or abilities.” He pointed at his nerd-like friend who stood to his right.

In this living room there were about ten of his pack here. They were here with him to protect as well as support him. They were use to him warning other packs about this problem and came.

Seven men and three women all stood behind him and among his men stood Zane. The blonde had a very strong gift. He had the gift of technology. Zane slightly nodded his head to his alpha. Usually when his alpha turned his attention to him he wanted him to tell his story.

Zane took three steps forward. “I have the gift of technology. When I was born, I didn’t have all the bones that my body needed. One of these bones was one located in the left shoulder.” He motioned towards the area. Everyone eyed it but didn’t ask any questions. He took this as the time to proceed. “Because of this, my body didn’t have the structure to move my shoulder. My previous pack panicked. At the time, this was very dangerous because they thought that a defective child was cursed. With that thought, nobody bothered to care for me or love me.”

Zane stopped and let out a hoarse breath. It was he transported himself there. He eyed everyone in the room and his gaze settled on Beck. “I was only. I was bullied. I was hated…and I could do nothing about it. At the age of twelve, I was use to the abuse and isolation. It had become my everyday life and as a child I just played with myself. I also became use to playing with one arm.” Zane looked up at the ceiling. “Well one day I just cried and cried. I wanted to be normal. At the time, I was at school alone. The pack didn’t want me to be with other children so they just gave me books to study so I could learn.”

“Like I was saying, one day I just broke down. I remember it being in the computer room. As I cried and cried I still remember how my shoulder and arm ached and burned.” Zane swallowed. “I screamed and screamed. No one came to find out what happened because they didn’t care so I didn’t have anyone.”

The twenty-one year old eyed his should blade and smiled, “I didn’t know what was going on and looked at my shoulder. I couldn’t believe what I saw. Many pieces of metal were sinking into my skin.” He chuckled; placing a hand on his arm then squeezed the small area. “I freaked out. My shoulder burned like crazy and then I fainted. When I woke up, I saw a small scar on my shoulder. I tried to get up, but when I couldn’t, my cell phone lifted from my pocket and went under my opened hand. It dragged me up…”

Zane stopped there. Everyone in James’s pack looked surprised. He ignored this and shrugged, “Later I figured out that the metal had replaced the area that I was missing bones as well as allowing me to be able to control technology.”

During the time Zane told his story, he noticed his Alpha in frenzy. He raised an eyebrow. Nathaniel normally kept excellence control so what was here to irritated his wolf like that? Dressed in casual jeans and a ‘Disciple’ band shirt, Nate pushed up his glasses. He walked back a few steps and sensed his Nathaniel’s irritation.

James stood up. The ‘Light pack’ didn’t bow to him as he did so and he began to get angry. He forced himself to bring it down and nodded to Zane. “I find this ability very…unrealistic. Care to demonstrate?” he sneered at the blonde. Zane just rolled his eyes. He raised his right palm and gestured to the man.

“May I get your phone?” he asked. James took his phone out of his pocket and gave it him. Zane smirked when he noticed that the device was an I-phone. He switched his weight on his right foot to his left. Then he stared at the device.

“Turn on.” He commanded and it did. “Turn off.” The phone’s screen became black. James opened his mouth but Zane held up a hand to silence him. “Separate yourself.” The I-phone exploded on his hand, breaking apart itself.

By this time, James turned red, “Why did you do that?!” he shouted at him.

Zane ignored him again, “Put yourself together, device.” He demanded. Slowly, the phone put itself together, beginning on the back piece that was against Zane’s hand. Then, the phone attracted its other pieces rebuilding itself.

When Zane was sure that the phone was completely rebuilt, he handed the phone back to a fuming James. He met the alpha’s gaze. The forty year old snatched it from Zane’s. Zane just shrugged, “Is that enough proof for you? Or does your wolf need more?” That did it.

James anger exploded and he shifted into his brown wolf. He growled at the other male, showing his sharp teeth.

This did nothing to the younger man. He didn’t even flinch. In fact, he looked bored. James’s wolf growled again at the young man who didn’t acknowledge him as superior. When the man continued to not be intimidated, the alpha launched himself at him.

Zane cocked his head to the left and before the other alpha could touch him, he hit a field of electricity. The brown wolf whined in pain and collapsed against the floor, twitching. James’s other pack members in the room growled and Nathaniel stepped in.

His face betrayed anger and disappointment. How dare they try to attack someone in his pack? The muscles on his shoulders clenched. “We come here to help yet you attack us? Zane is part of my pack and I am his alpha.” Nathaniel glowered at the hurt alpha. He felt no compassion. He only felt pity at the wolf. “He does not bow down to you. He bows to me. I was the one who rescued him from his pack. I am the one who cared for him. You did nothing. Just because we are here on your territory means nothing.”

Nathaniel turned to his friend. “Zane put down your shield.” He demanded. Zane nodded and put down the shield, casting his gaze to the floor ashamed. Nathaniel noticed this and softened, placing a hand on his shoulder. “You protected yourself, Zane. You did nothing wrong.” Nathaniel said softly. Zane nodded again but kept his gaze on the floor.

The young alpha glared at James. “We come here to help you yet you still try to injure us?” Next he eyed Beck who said nothing. “We try to save your pack yet you question us?” he asked him. Beck didn’t answer. “Answer me!” Nathaniel yelled.

Beck jumped, “Y-Yes!”

Nathaniel looked back to his pack, “We’re leaving.”

James’s eyes widened and he shifted back. He put his hands in surrender, not caring that he was naked, and shook his head. His brown hair swung wildly in the air. “Don’t go. I’m…sorry for my reaction.” He apologized. His body was slightly burnt, releasing a slight burnt smell throughout the house. Nathaniel kept silent.

“If your pack does anything to harm my pack, I will not hesitate to go.” He threatened. James gulped.

“One more thing, you told me that he had one gift. How did Zane put up that electric shield?” James asked. The other alpha spared him a glance.

“Zane has the gift of technology, right?” Nathaniel asked.

James nodded, confused. He didn’t know where he was going with this. How did that have to do with anything?

Nathaniel sighed at the confused alpha. “Technology is used to make many things. It’s not just about phones and computers. Zane used the lamps and re-wired them to give off sparks and charges. This created the shield. Like I said, Zane is very talented.” He said with a hard voice.

Without another word, Nathaniel turned back around and exited out the front door. His pack members followed him. He had booked a hotel to shelter his pack while he talked privately with the alpha about the vampires. Nathaniel knew personally how dangerous vampires can truly be and didn’t want anyone to witness or feel what he did. This pack he tried to warn was ignorant but he couldn’t give up on them.

Nathaniel walked along a small path along the side of the mansion. He didn’t know how or why but he stopped. An aroma flew through the air and he sniffed. The scent was very sweet and smelled like…berries? He continued to sniff the area. As soon as he did, his wolf went crazy like it did in the huge house.

Nathaniel looked around him to see a patch of grass beneath him. What? He looked up and spotted an open window on the mansion. Was that where the scent came from? he thought. He went closer to the window and sniffed once again.

Without a second to spare, his eyes began to glow. His wolf finally overcame him and whispered quietly but forcibly. “Mate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys!!! Currently, I'm super grounded(So, i have to sneak in chapters...) and having family issues! Also, sorry if this chapter was confusing but it is SUPER crucial to the story!!!

I'm currently writing Alex's and Nick's scene so you guys are in for a twist!

Also, what do you think about Zane and Nathaniel? And what did his wolf mean by "Mate"??