The Saga of Spring

All Was Golden In the Sky

I've seen the Sun give birth to Spring. I've seen it caress her newborn with hands shaped like rays the size of rainbows. The proudest of mothers whispered in soft winds. The warm breeze grazed my fingertips, and my eyes widened with joy upon discovering magical shades of golden green, created when the toddler leaves and the Sun touched for the very first time.

My lips separated and my nostrils expanded slowly, allowing me to inhale the sweetest mixture of sunkissed grass, wild flowers and oxygen. I stole a tiny fragment of May, tucking it carefully deep into my lungs before it even had a chance to escape and leave me all alone in the middle of oversized fields. I looked through the hypnotizing branches up to the tree tops, homes of the boldest of birds. Their beaks seemed so close to touching the playful cirrus clouds, glazing the midday sky like whipped cream.

Children and wild canaries grew friendships, singing in perfect harmony. The pollen would sometimes land on the top of my head, tracing yellow patterns in my hair. It politely greeted the daisies I had braided in there just this morning. I fed on the Sun's graceful ballet, enjoying her well rehearsed choreography - she wrapped herself around every strand of grass, punctured the glittering spiderwebs and ran over my shoulder, giving me sweet kisses all over, starting from the tip of my nose, going all the way to the soles of my shoes. But the routine eventually exhausted the young mother, for she could no longer keep up with the demanding tempo of racing clocks. I reached out in a final attempt to pull out a strand of her golden hair so I could savor it for all eternity, or maybe just boast to all my friend about being kissed by the most beautiful of all stars. They would eat their hearts out. Alas, she was already slipping away, so I clumsily waved goodbye. I caught one last glimpse of her before she finally took off her dancing shoes and fell down facing west.

The Moon dived into the sky followed by flocks of diamond stars. He scared off groups of painters and poets competing for his daughters' affection. Not even the exceptionally talented ones seemed to be worthy of capturing her everlasting beauty. I bowed down to the prince of the night, foxily eliding the fact that my footsteps yearned for a baby morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
inspired by Panic at the Disco's "When the Day Met the Night" and of course the infinite beauty that mother nature created.