Not Worth Your Tears

He's A Musician

Three Weeks Later

I had yet to be hired onto a job, and I was doing a second round of handing out applications father in town, which meant having to use Kyle's computer again. I was sitting in his room at his desk, and found my eyes wandering over his things. A picture of him and his daughter, and one of him playing guitar. Kyle and I had talked every morning and every night on each of our own decks, drinking coffee and having random conversations. Recently though, he came over to mine and we'd sit on a little couch I set out there that I had found on the curb. I found myself starting to slip up, and let myself tell him little personal things about me. I knew how bad things turn out when you open yourself up, but with a nice, genuine person like him, it was hard not to trust him.

I came out of his room and found Trixy on the floor. She beamed up at me and I picked her up, setting her on my hip. "Hey cutie, where's your daddy?" She pointed to the kitchen and I walked over to the doorframe of the kitchen and leaned against it to see Kyle with a guitar on his lap, and headphones in his ears. He strummed a few times and smiled, liking what he heard.

He turned his head and smiled, looking happy to see me. "Hey, Kaybree. You all done?"

"Yeah, I'm heading out in a few minutes to Starbucks, Chapters and a few other little places." I smiled, watching Trixy play curiously with a chain around my neck.

Kyle stood up and came closer to me, looking me in the eyes. "I hope they hire you. Good luck, Kaybree." He blushed lightly as he looked down at me.

"Daddy...down't fowget." Trixy mumbled, poking his face.

Kyle's blush deepened and he drew his eyebrows together, looking at Trixy as if begging her not to make him whatever he was supposed to, but she poked his cheek insistently. He sighed and looked up at me.“Are you busy tonight, Kay?" I shook my head.

"Well, me and Trix's mom are going out tonight, so do you mind watching Trixy? You know, if you're not busy...” He glanced at Trixy, but she ignored him, beaming at me.

“Pwease!” Trixy squealed, squeezing her eyes together.

I beamed and nodded, opening his door. “No problem! You'll have lots of fun tonight Trix. I’ll be home by three, okay? Just drop her off then if you want. See you then Trixy! Bye Kyle.” I smiled shyly at him and he waved, happily smiling back. I smiled and unlocked my door, and got ready to go job hunting.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment if you like guys :)
no more updates until I see some comments!