Not Worth Your Tears

Germany

The next couple mornings Kyle and I had our early morning coffee, along with Trixy drinking her early morning milk, out on the deck. But too quickly had the end of the week come and Kyle was packing up for Germany with Kennedy and Keith, his drummer.

He let himself into my apartment and I smiled. "No more formality my friend?" I asked, covering myself with a bathrobe as I stood in the living room. Kyle looked away and blushed, murmuring a sorry. "No worries, I'm covered." I walked over to him and hugged him tight. "I'll really miss you Kyle." I looked up at him and he looked down, a deep blush still covering his cheeks and nose. "Please, do your best! I'm so proud of you." I pinched his cheek and he laughed.

"You're such a happier person Kaybree. What made you so giggly and happy? When I met you were like a legitimate hermit!" He laughed and poked my nose.

"I met you Kyle. You made me happy..." I smiled and turned away from his gaze. "You do good okay? Impress 'em, okay? I want a signed CD, so you better get this deal."

Kyle grabbed my hands, and brought them close to his chest. "I'm so nervous, Kay. I'm some nobody that no ones going to like! I wish you were going with me. All Kennedy's gonna do is shop..."

"Kyle. Hurry up." Kennedy walked into the room, and raised her eyebrow at my bathrobe and then at Kyle. "Well then. Your door is open." She snarled, turning and walked out of the room. Kyle turned to go to her but I caught his hand. He turned his head and looked at me, as if pleading for me to let go.

I smiled at him. "I won't keep you. But I want you know that I believe in you, and if your scared, you have my permission to remember that I love your music! Good luck!" I let go of his hand and he stared at me, then looked back out into the hall.

Kyle turned and hugged me tight. "You've been so supportive Kay. It means alot to me. Take care of yourself for me, okay?" I nodded. "Good. Okay, and you have my number, just in case?" I nodded a second time. "And you're all good right? I-"

"Kyle, for heaven's sakes you're going to miss your flight! Get going already, I'm fine!" I pushed him towards the door and he laughed, his hands shaking.

"Sorry, just nervous. Bye Kay!" Kyle kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand before he rushed into his apartment.

A day and a half passed until I got a text from Kyle saying he landed in Germany and they were meeting up with the company for dinner and a private session before the little concert in two days. I told him all was fine here, and to have good luck.

Late that night, around two, I got a phone call from Kyle. Through his tears I heard that he was turned down, but the small concert would still go on as a promotional thing for himself. I also gathered that Kennedy had taken a tantrum and left Germany with Keith, so he was alone in a country that spoke a language he couldn't speak, upset and broke. I told him not to worry and to just find a cheap motel for the night and that I'd call him in the morning and help him out. Just as I hung up the phone, I started packing my bags.
♠ ♠ ♠
fixed the ending in chapter 'Not Worth Your Tears'
a part was missing, so please re-read it !